Satisfaction Very Good
Value Score Average Value
Good For Couples
Brilliant hotel in Beijing
- really big rooms (we stayed in a double room)
- lounge area (really friendly and nice little cafe with western style food and chinese english language newspapers)
- friendly staff
- trip to great wall (we werent taken to any shops and forced to buy things like you here about in other places)
- Location (long walk to the metro station but there were buses which were very cheap)
- Breakfast not included in price
- The 'travel centre' information was a bit rubbish, they booked us train tickets which we were told was a sleeper and was actually just a seat (on an overnight train, this was not the best part of our trip) and they booked us a taxi to the station, but it didnt go to the train station, they had said the wrong address to the driver and we were taken most of the way to the airport before we realised and managed to tell him the real destination (he spoke no english so we pointed a lot at the train ticket)
Unique Quality: The lounge area of this hotel/hostel was brilliant place to meet other travellers and have a beer after a long day out enjoying Beijing
Directions: Really close to the forbidden city on the eastern side
We stayed some eight days in this hostel, and I must say that it is among the best hostels I have ever seen. The standard could rival hotels.
We stayed in a two bed room and it had toilet and shower as well as TV, and they have 4 bed dorms as well.
The rooms, like the rest of the hostel, are always clean and well kept.
The people working there are friendly and helpful. The guy working the information could be a bit short if you had questions but I am ready to put that down to the fact that he was constantly under siege from information seeking travelers.
And the restaurant in the hostel, apart from beeing really nicely decorated, have possible the best food in Beijing! I can't say I tried every restaurant but from all those I tried, noone could claim to have better food than here.
And the location is great as well. Just an arrows flight away from the east side of the Forbidden City, right between the palace and Wangfujing shopping street.
It can be a bit difficult to find if you don't know where it is, because you have to walk halfway down a sidestreet to find it. While walking down Beiheyan street, keep a lookout for a small sign that will show you the way.
Unique Quality: Check the web page for a list of services provided by the hostel.
Directions: Dongcheng District
Great Quality Hostel Accommodation
We were introduced to this great hostel by our hostel in Xian. It was a great choice. It is centrally located, only about 10 minute walk to Wanfujing Walking Street. The hostel is brand new, just open end of last year.
We stayed at a twin private ensuite room and it cost us RMB180 per room per night. The rooms are clean and well equipt. There's TV, tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, hot shower and etc. The rooms are clean and well kept.
I strongly recommend this hostel for it's location and cleanliness.
Directions: Located in between eastern wall of Forbidden City and Wanfujing Street. A 10 minute walk to Wanfujing Street.
Popular Hotels in Beijing
1 Guanghua Rd, Chaoyang District, Beijing, Beijing
No.1 Jianguomenwai Main Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing, Beijing
No.97 Jinbao Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing, Beijing
No.25 Xiaoyuan Hutong of Bingmasi Hutong, Xidan North Street, Xicheng District, Beijing, Beijing
Explore the World
- Gran Melia Palacio de Isora
- EH El Pinar Hotel Torremolinos
- Best Western The Cromwell
- Pearl Residence Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
- Discovery Lodge Queenstown
- Kingsway Hall Hotel, Covent Garden
- Holiday Inn Kensington Hotel
- Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I
- Maui Kamaole
- Amalfi Resort