Jinjian

2 Chaci, Dongzhimenwai Street, Chao Yang District, Beijing, Beijing, 100027, China

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Beijing

Interior of the rear or northern hallInterior of the rear or northern hall

model of military tactics against Japanesemodel of military tactics against Japanese

crowdedcrowded

or a suntory beer!or a suntory beer!

Financial advices

by latingrooly

Hi,

I will be making my first trip to BJS in two weeks time, will be there for six days. There are lots of places I want to see and visit. Would appreciate some advices on how much to budget for a day in BJS, excluding airfare and accommodations. More on attractions, meals and transportations. How much would one spend roughly a day in BJS? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Re: Financial advices

by crewrower

Beijing is not an expensive city by European or American standards, but it is by Chinese standards and Asia-ex Japan standards.

Transportation is cheap. The subway network is extensive and is less than US$1/ride (just a few RMB for shorter rides). Buses are also cheap and the network extensive, but they are hard to figure out if you don't read Chinese. Taxis are very cheap, and you can get across the sprawling city for RMB100. Flagfall is RMB 10 which gets you 3 km, with an additional RMB 2 for each km afterwards (and RMB 3 per each km after you've gone 15km).

Food - you can eat for as little as RMB 10 a person if you just want some fried rice or noodles. More likely for a Chinese meal is RMB 50 / person (for a filling and satisfying meal). If you want to go high end, you can, and the sky is the limit with prices.

Attractions' entrance tickets - you can find the prices you're looking for online, but generally no admission costs more than US$12 or so.

Re: Financial advices

by ellyse

It depends on your spending habits.
Admission to sights for adults (I presume you don't have a student card?) would probably cost around 0-100 RMB/day, depending on where you go.
Meals could be 10-infinity (haha, perhaps up to 500?) RMB/day, depending on where you eat, how many of you are there, what you order, etc.
Transport costs perhaps 10-200 RMB/day, depending on what mode of transport you take etc.

Travel Tips for Beijing

Stamp Collectors Paradise

by herzog63

If you collect stamps, China has alot of stamps to chose from. They also come out with alot of commemorative stamps and sets too. When I was there in 1987 it was the year of the rabbit and I'm a rabbit so I picked some stuff up. I bought a whole bunch of stamps one day and carefully placed them in my journal and then went back to the lady to ask her to postmark them in my journal. At first she thought I was weird but soon realized what I wanted.

Peking Duck

by easterntrekker

I've always wanted to try it and I was surprised that it is traditionaly served cut in little pieces and wrapped in a thin crepe with scallions and Hoisen sauce. It was very tasty and a must do . There are many restaurants in Beijing serving it so find one near your hotel.

Da Shan Zi - An Art Park

by bhemak

This is a communist era factory converted into an art community. Near by are functioning factories and some encroaching retail and apartment blocks. This houses some very inovating and curious art. If you want to see where some modern Chinese art is being produced, this is it.

To get here take the new subway line (strangely above ground) number 13, four stops north on the east side to wang jing xi. From here it is a sizeable walk or a 15 RMB taxi ride to Da Shan Zi. The cabbie might not know where the heck you are going. It is very close to the Da Shan Zi roundabout on JiuXianQiao Road.

Two major entrances to the area are on the west side of the art park. Once inside follow signs to various studios, galleries, bars, and other stores. Or go to the Timesone 8 Art book store where a map of the area is available.

I was lucky enough to crash two gallery openings. Good luck with that.

One stop shopping

by kimberbakos about Sino-Swiss gift shops

The shops in the hotel have a little of everything. The shopgirls were the greatest. I think they work from 12-15 hour days and have minds like steel traps. Many of the things I saw here I didn't see again on the trip and I regreted not buying them. So if you have room in your suitcases, don't pass up anything that you like. Silk dresses, calligraphy name paintings, li bin globe paintings, woven silk scarves However much you are willing to spend

Best private cab driver in Beijing!

by profuselycool

I know this sounds a bit vague, but when my dad and I were in Beijing, we had the absolute best driver in the world. He was 100% fluent in English, and had personal contacts with locals all over the city and surrounding area. He got us discounts at the local pearl market, drove us to the foot of the steps at the Great Wall (which is not common,) and showed us a very cool jade store on the way back from the great wall.

If you are planning a trip to Beijing please email me for his contact info (he goes by "Barry" in English) I don't have it on me right now but we still keep a correspondence. Happy travels!

Comments