Jinjiang Inn (Beijing Suzhouqiao)

No.28A Wanshousi, West Third Ring North Road, Haidian District, Beijing, Beijing Region, 100025, Chi
Agoda.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Beijing

The Great Wall at HuanghuaThe Great Wall at Huanghua

BeijingBeijing

frontfront

a vending machinea vending machine

FAQs: 2 Days in Beijing - Train, Hostel and Tourist traps

by geofftan

We will arrive in Beijing by train on November, and I have no idea where to start, if someone can guide us based on our plans or what we want to see for just 2 days.

1. For our 2 days stay, we will just need to stay in a very cheap hostel for one night since we will sleep on the train on the next night. I heard that there is a dormitory within Beijing Normal Univerity? Any other cheap hostels that you can recommend that has english websites? at least a room that costs around below $20 for the 3 of us ( if possible ), we dont care about the ammenities since we will only stay for one night and we are out the whole day, so basically, what we just need is a place to sleep.

2. Where is the train station? What street? How far is it from Forbidden City and

3. Are there any entrance fee that we should aware of when entering Forbidden City and Great Wall?

4. Which Great Wall spot are recommended? The only spot that Ive read is Mutianyu, are there other recommended? Any spot that is nearest to the city is fine.

by nomad7890

Search Forums for Beijing - I just asked the same for three days and there is quite a bit of info as far as places to go - not all your questions answered. I'm going to the same place in the wall.

by geofftan

Hi there, I'll wait for your trip since you will go by September, and at least you can give me your own feedback, I have read the replies from your post. Thanks!

by nomad7890

I'm a woman traveling alone, so I'm spending a little more, but it would be good to look thru the pages as there are many tips on public transportation, getting a pass, etc. - but unfortunately, I cannot do all the budget things because I'm a bit older and by myself ;=)

by Homanded

Summer Palace: 25 - 35 CNY
Forbidden City: 60 Yuan
Temple of Heaven: 35 RMB
Mutianyu Great wall: 101 RMB
Hutongs: Free
Tianemen Square: Free

We preferred the Mutianyu section of the Great wall to the Badaling section.
You can google and acquire all necessary information individually or, through a central visitors information stie.

Additionally, we have many tips on our China pages including transportation and tourist trap tips.

Enjoy China, it is amazing!

by mowerman

just come back from china yesterday these are my personal favorites from beijing
temple of heaven early in the morning 7 - 8 am for an hour or two, Confucius temple. cycling round the lakes, Beihai the upper more fun and almost hippy bars lower more for elderly strollers .forbidden city, but takes at least half a day to do it justise.north end of wanfjuling turn left for the night snacks , but shuts down early 9.30 ish

by geofftan

ey thanks for sharing the fees, much appreciated!

by nomad7890

I'm fresh back ... what a spectacular place! Many beautiful places - but my favorite aside from the Great Wall at Mutianyu was visiting Behai Park and the area in front of it where the locals gather.

by ellyse

1) What $ is your currency in? I doubt you'll get a triple with ensuite for that price, but triple with communal bathroom/toilet would be possible. Try Fuxue Hotel in Dongcheng district. Otherwise, if you're looking for dorm beds, try Downtown Backpackers (http://www.backpackingchina.com/nr/ourhostel.html), Far East IYH (http://www.fareastyh.com) and Leo Hostel (http://www.leohostel.com).
2) Beijing has a number of train stations: main, North, South and West. Where are you coming from? If Shanghai, train will arrive at Beijing main train station, which's on metro line 2 (loop line). Look on http://www.explorebj.com/subway for a good interactive map of Beijing's metro system. To get to Forbidden City, take line 2 for 1 stop north, change to line 1 (going westwards) and alight at Tiananmen East.
3) Yes for Forbidden City; just look for the ticket counter.
4) If you only have half a day to spare, hire a vehicle and driver and go to Mutianyu. Juyongguan and Badaling are the nearest and 2nd-nearest respectively, but you don't want to go to those as they're overly refurbished, too touristy and crowded.

Travel Tips for Beijing

Forbidden City extra ticket required

by Confucius

If you want to go up to the Tiananmen gate rostrum then you must purchase a separate ticket. (It is not included with the 40 RMB admission fee to the Forbidden City.) Come on, it's only 15 RMB! That's less than 2 US dollars and part of the proceeds go toward preservation of those nice big red lanterns. It is definitely worth it for the view of Tiananmen Square looking south and of the Forbidden City looking north.

For an additional fee, there is also a fancy souvenir certificate available marking the day and time that you ascended the Tiananmen Rostrum. It can be personalized with up to 4 Chinese characters or 16 English letters. It's really nice and comes with a booklet of beautiful photographs highlighting military processions during previous anniversaries.

The reason there is a strict 4 character limit for Chinese characters is because most Chinese names are comprised of 3 characters. This is a greedy tactic designed to prevent 2 people (you and your girlfriend/spouse/grandmother/concubine) from having both names on one certificate.

However if you look like a foreigner and pretend not to know much Mandarin, it is possible to trick the clerk by requesting the Chinese translation of your foreign name. This will enable you to have six Chinese characters, which of course is you and your Chinese girlfriend but the clerk will actually believe you are German or Croatian and make a special linguistic exception if you approach the kiosk alone and smile while asking. It worked for me, and I'm neither German or Croatian!

Playing chinese chess on the street

by Lemonita

When walking around in Beijing, especially in hutongs or by the lakes, we would see a lot of old people getting together to play cards, majiang, chinese chess or dominoes.

If you speak Mandarin, you can talk to them as old people are very friendly and they would even explain the rules of the games for you.

Covered Market

by herzog63

If you can find this market it is very interesting! I saw alot of people walking inside so I decided to follow !?! Hmmm.... where are they going I wondered? It ended up being a market that had an array of stuff. I have no idea of how to tell you how to get there or even where it was. I do know that it was in Beijing though. LOL Like alot of the things that I see while travelling are just stumbled upon. So I would never remember how to get back to the place again. But I guess that's the fun of travelling. I hope you can find it or a similar one.

HUGE WAREHOUSE -- WHOLESALE/RETAIL SALES...

by racayadi about BIG BUILDINGS CAN'T MISS.... ACROSS FROM THE ZOO..

I cannot choose only one category from the ones listed above... in this mega-warehouse ... more than five floors and 3-4 buildings -- stretching minimum 1.5 soccer football fields.... I may exaggerate but it is huge..

many stores in Northern China provinces buy here and then sell much higher in their stores... yes, I know basic math...
it is awesome.... you can't miss it... you find everything... shoes, purses, clothing, accesories, men's, women's, suitcases, brand stuff, junk, trinkets...
also, check out the basement floor -- even more stuff...

got money, got time, not too much energy to bargain, yet low prices..... go here...

take bus 111 heading north.... you'll find it north of St. Joseph's Cathedral square - on Wangfujing St.
go thru main streets, you leave the first ring road.... you see big shopping mall - pass it... then you see the BEIJING ZOO STOP -- most everyone gets off there...
get out... cross the street (use underground pedestrian path - safer) and buildings are to the left hand side of Planetarium or something like that... need to bargain.. not too much....

Local Buses

by M1rjam

You might think it is difficult to travel by local bus if you don't understand chinese, well it is at first :D but once you get the system it can be quite easy and the locals are very helpful. You should definately have a map or the address where you want to go written down so you could show it to them.
The local buses are also very cheap, so it is worth the effort if you want to save money on taxis.

Comments