No 3 Wangfujing Jinyu Hutong, Beijing, Beijing, 100006, China

See Amenities
ahoerner's Profile Photo

Best location near the Forbidden City

by written on October 13, 2010

For those who travel with kids and need a well-located hotel offering good comfort, that's the option.

Near the Wangfujing shopping street and some shopping malls, 30 minutes away from the Forbiden City south gate or nearer from the east gate, and relative easy access from and to the airport and train station, it offers nice rooms and standard service.

Restaurant is a little overpriced for what it serves for lunch, but with two small children sometimes useful.

Unique Quality: Unique quality is its location, almost in the very heart of Beijing.

judz's Profile Photo

Great place to stay - excellent location

by written on January 22, 2010

The hotel is very modern and in a great location - just a short walk to Wangfujing St (walking street) and withing walking distance of the Forbidden City and Tianamin Square. The breakfast was included in the price and was outstanding with western and oriental food...Bread and butter pudding and sushi - not what i would eat at home for breakfast but i made the most of it..fantastic.

Unique Quality: We had lovely views of the city and the room was clean and spacious.

Novotel Peace Hotel - Had a great time

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 3, 2009

I got a great deal on this hotel from an online web site. Did not know what to expect. I stayed here for two nights and was very pleased with how pleasant the staff was. Enjoyed the wonderful views of the city from my hotel room. Took full advantage of the indoor pool. Perhaps next time I will be able to stay longer.

Directions: Downtown Beijing

by written on September 17, 2008

Stayed at this hotel twice as an Advantage Plus member. Booked a Premier Suite, King Bed non smoking room 5 months ahead of stay. Got a Premier suite Smoking room with two single beds. The hotel was full and we could not change rooms.
I had an important business person come to your reception desk and ask for me. He was told that I had cancelled my reservation and was not in the hotel.
I went to convert currency and had an Australian $100 bill with two pale brown stains 2mm x 1mm which you could not see. They refused to exchange it.
Go to the Premier Lounge for Breakfast or Cocktails and the Staff keep looking at what you are taking, felt like I was in Jail.
Got a Premier Room this time, what a joke. You walk in and the bathroom is directly off to your right. It had two glass bifold doors which opened out and I someone comes through the front door as one is open, it would be smashed.
One door on the mirror wardrobe fell out and nearly hit me.
Would not make the same mistake a third time Faulty Towers!

by written on September 17, 2008

Stayed at this hotel twice as an Advantage Plus member. Booked a Premier Suite, King Bed non smoking room 5 months ahead of stay. Got a Premier suite Smoking room.
Would not make the same mistake a third time Faulty Towers!

by written on September 17, 2008

Would not make the same mistake a third time!

Novtel Peace Hotel Review

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 12, 2008

Well, we stayed in the Novotel Peace Executive suite, 19th floor, great view.
We get free Breakfast which is a 6/10 and evening drinks free 6-8pm but what annoyed me here is they stand and watch your every move which I hated. Think it is their way of being there if you need them BUT..I like privacy.
Had an important business client come to my hotel only to be told at reception that I had cancelled my reservation...derrr! Lucky I fluked him about to walk out.
Look, it is clean and modern and very close to shops.
I doubt if I will stay here again but for many other reasons I doubt I will holiday in Beijing again.

Unique Quality: Good Location, friendly staff

kangningchang's Profile Photo

My dad's favorite place to stay in beijing!

by written on May 31, 2008

Novotel Peace Hotel is located in Wang Fu Jing area of Beijing, it is about ten minutes walking distance from the touristy area of wang fu jing so it is quiet and they serve a good breakfast (my dad's favorite thing about this place)
the rooms are comfortable and if you book in advance you can usually get pretty good deals! the new subway line 5 runs right to it's door (2 minute walk away Deng Shi Dong Kou Stop)

Unique Quality: good hot breakfast, both Chinese and western style

Directions: 50 meters from metro line 5 Deng Shi Dong Kou station, you can see the sign from the exit

SallyM's Profile Photo

Great Breakfast

by written on March 23, 2008

This is a very comfortable modern hotel, close to the Wanfujing shopping district. Rooms have all the usual mod-cons (bathroom, satelllite TV, tea-making facilities). There is also a very interesting night food market a short walk away.

We booked this as part of a tour, so I do not know the room rate we paid.

Unique Quality: The breakfast buffet is excellent. There is a very good range of oriental and western dishes, including crepes made to order.

SurfaceTravel's Profile Photo

Excellent value, great location

by written on August 29, 2006

I have stayed there twice and was very happy both times. This hotel is equivalent or better than any 4-star city hotel in North America. The rooms are large and clean, and the en-suite bathrooms are complete. I think it is amazing value for money, given this quality right in the centre of a world-class city.

Unique Quality: The morning to midday brunch is absolutely amazing. They have a large selection of western and oriental food, all of it perfect. When we arrived there as part of our train trip from London to Hanoi (my second visit here), we sat down and pigged out for two solid hours.

Directions: Walking distance to the Forbidden City

applered's Profile Photo

a short way from Wangfucheng

by written on August 2, 2006

I stayed there for four night in 2006 summer. The hotel is clean, well-equiped, and spacious. The staff is helpful. The indoor swimming pool is great. The location is excellent too. 3 minutes walk to the pedestrian shopping street and the night food street. A convenient location to go to anywhere. Taxi ride costs you about 10 to 30 yuan. If you want to save money on transportation, you can take bus or metro. Bus route 814 (east-bound) will take you to Temple of Heaven. The west-bound will also take you to the north entrance to the Palace Museum, North Sea Park and Yuan Ming Yuan Park. It takes roughly 10-15 minutes to walk to the metro station. You can also walk to the Tianonmen Square, roughly 30 minutes.

tyusen's Profile Photo

by written on August 8, 2005

The location is perfect to look around central Beijing. You can get to Wangfujing by walk within 5 minutes. Tiananmen Square is also very close to the hotel, the first stop from Wangfujing Sta. on the subway.

A buffet in this hotel is really wonderful. It shows that it is a hotel of French origin! Staffs are very friendly and helpful. Expecially, I'm really greatful to doormen.

Unique Quality: If you have a plan to stay at this hotel, you should not miss having breakfast at a buffet on the 1st floor. You'll stay another hotel near Novotel Peace Beijing? No problem. Do walking exercise to this hotel and have breakfast!

Rooms in this hotel don't provide you with rinse, so if you need to put conditioner on your hair, you have to bring it.

Business center has three computers with broadband internet connections. It's located next to the front desk on the 1st floor.

Convenience

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 3, 2004

Stayed in the older building which is rated 31/2 star but still good enough. Nothing flashy. Has all the basic facilities and amenities, even complimentary bottled water daily. The only downside, no internet in the room. The net is available in the lobby but can be costly. Cant remember the charges.
Has airticketing office and tour counter so you can organise your trips and tours.
The location is most convenient..only a few minutes walk to Wangfujing. This is the most important factor right?

Would definitely recommend if you are not after luxury.

Unique Quality: Our room faced the main entrance to the hotel and we could see the daily street activities.

Nearby Novotel Peace Beijing

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Airport Transportation

Beijing Travel Forum

Need advice about Beijing, China? Visit the Travel Forum for Beijing and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Beijing hotel reviews