Ocean Hotel Beijing

Costs 25% less but rated 15% lower than other 4 star hotels

More about Beijing

Imperial Vault of HeavenImperial Vault of Heaven

GymnastsGymnasts

Room from front door/ colored windowsRoom from front door/ colored windows

the restothe resto

Nail Salon

by MARIAMATA

Ive heard Nacho&Dai Nail Salon is maybe the best one in China,
Have you ever been there.
Someone told me is in the Art Plaza. Its like the Artist´s Area.

by Maximilian21

It is actually in my building and it opened 3 weeks ago...not sure if in that time it has become "the best in China"
It is also not in an art district but actually close to the CBD in Guomao. Many art gallieries have opened in the building however and it is close the the Today Art Gallery, a very nice place for Chinese contemporary art.

by mirriqui

Hi,

I do not know if it is already the best one in China but I can tell you that I was in Nacho & Dai 2 weeks ago and it was a fantastic experience!!. If they continue like this, they will for sure become one of the best if not the best in China!!!.

They have an excellent service, super nice and professional staff and a wonderful environment. Moreover, besides excellent beauty products, you can also purchase amazing imported jewelry from Spain!!!

by legolas74

I have been there last week: very good results and very nice people!! I will come back. I recommend it to anyone wishing good service for good price.

by Maximilian21

very silly way to get publicity guys....

Travel Tips for Beijing

Jingshan Park

by Gard

It is quite hard to comprehend how big the Forbidden City is and we had read that if we wanted a nice view of the palace we could go to the Jingshan Park which is located north of the Forbidden City. The park is actually a little peak made up from all the material that were left over when construction the moat around the Forbidden City. Unfortunately, we went into the park on a misty day and it was actually hard to see the south gate of the Forbidden City - it was a nice walk though.

stroll down the streets of...

by Krystynn

stroll down the streets of Beijing and enjoy mingling with all these lovely Chinese folks.

Some of them WILL gawk at you.... so take it in your stride! You will also probably chance upon many beggars. Please be careful. Once you give some $$$ to a poor old beggar (like what I did), SUDDENLY and out of no where, more beggars would just come out of hiding and beseige you! Heeeeelp!!!

So, do be careful!

Ex-pro swim teacher

by sugarpuff

I first met this lady my first time in China, back in 1998. I had seen her advert in a magazine claiming to be a 'China Swimming Coach', and due to my love of the sport, I gave her a call. She doesn't speak any English if i remember but when youre learning something like swimming, it doesn't really matter if you don't speak the same language. Well, thats at least what I believe! I had been swimming since I was about 9 for Gibraltar and so by the age of 19 I was pretty good! I didn't need someone who could teach me to swim, just someone to coach me. She was wonderful and gave me lots of great tips. So although this tip is more for those who are planning on staying in China for a while, it doesnt only apply for serious swimmers. She can teach people of all abilities. We swam in a hotel pool in Jianguomen opposite the Friendship Store, The Scitech Hotel. The pool wasnt very large and a had a curve in it, so it wasnt great for me who wanted to do laps, but for beginners, its perfect!

Like I said, I swam with her in 1998. She may not for all I know still be doing it, but she's a professional coach and very good at her job. Equipment you need......a swimming costume, cap and goggles! As simple as that!

The coach's name is Chen Xuan Qian

Ask Lily for pearls

by dutchboycalledjan about Hongqiao Market (Pearl Market)

We liked the Pearl Market more than the Silk Market: less crowded, less aggressive salers and - in our humble opinion - the same or better quality. The markets are both housed in a large building, several floors of small vendors. There was choice enough and the fourth (or third, as we say) houses the pearls vendors in a light and relative quiet athmosphere. We tried a number of shops, and were best served by a shop owner called Lily, sales booth 23. We bought a necklace of salt water pearls and several small gifts and got a good price (off course, you have to bargain, but she started reasonable). Salt water pearls have a better texture than the more usual sweet water pearls. Lily made them into a necklace, with a knot between every pearl. We paid what we thought was ist value to us.

Dancing + Cheap Beer + Busy Crowd

by vigi about Poachers

If you're looking to unwind at night in Beijing, you might check out the the hidden away bars and clubs on the avenues and side streets of the Sanlitun embassy district.

This in-expensive dance club was packed with both locals and westerners on a weekend. Some hot local girls, and funky guys (look at the 2 Chinese guys at the back of the photo with hip hop outfits). With live DJs spinning various beats from hip hob, R&B, techno, and some "can't dance" songs. A few DJs took turn to spin the disc, so, some good, some sucks, depends on your luck and the DJs' mood. No cover charge. Beer is only RMB5. With drinks this cheap, it's not long before you find yourself absolutely plastered and dancing around like a manic with the rest of the bar. Casual Chic

Comments