Qitaihe Hotel

NO.3 STREET 2, KAIYANGLI, FENGTAI DISTRICT, Beijing, Beijing Region, 100069, China

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Beijing

foam formula of ETFEfoam formula of ETFE

ScarlettScarlett

meme

C 100 Lemon Drink!C 100 Lemon Drink!

Prices for eating?

by Yuen_Biao

Hello.
I've been to Beijing before but it was back in 2002 and I was wondering if it is expensive to eat at the nice restaurants there.
Can anyone give me an average cost of a meal for two in Beijing, say for example 20 RMB per person?

Thanks.

by Yuen_Biao

Sorry that should read 200RMB!

by ellyse

Anything ranging from 10 RMB (2 bowls of noodles at a roadside eatery) to 100 RMB (budget to mid-range restaurant) to 1000 RMB or more (upscale restaurant). How on earth could we do an "average" when we don't know your spending habits?

by JohanIsWeg

Beijing duck was one of our most expensive items, which was aroud RMB46, with most other dishes cheaper than that. That was in 2006.

by honestjohn

for snack 10~30rmb per person, for nice restaurant could range from 60 to 300rmb per person.

by ellyse

Peking duck at any of the big-name restaurants eg Dadong, Liqun and Quanjude, will cost about 200 RMB/duck.

by chinaguy

if you spent 70RMB-100RMB for once a meal you must feel is cheap .

by ellyse

Just went to Quanjude in Shanghai yesterday night for dinner. Duck with a set of sauce for everyone was 168 RMB.

by enzhu

I came back from Beijing recently.
I ate with my friend in some nice restaurants, though not very upscale, in Beijing. We spent average from 150RMB to 250RMB for two.
For this price, you can also eat in Chinese restaurants in New York, but the food there is much better of course.

by johnandlynclarke

We were in Beijing in September. Our most expensive meal was at the Xi He Ya Ju Restaurant, near Ritan Park. We had 3 dishes, plus beer, and maybe soda, for 290 RMB, total. Food was great!

We also ate at a Aussie Restaurant at the food court in the Oriental Plaza (steak and bbq chicken) for 100 RMB. Throughout China, I would say most meals for two were under 100 RMB for us.

Travel Tips for Beijing

The Forbidden city impressed...

by Bluereptile

The Forbidden city impressed me the most here. It's elaborately detailed roofing designs looked really cool. The complexity of this home is like a maze, it must be hard to imagine what life would have been like for the emperors who used to have to live here. The first time I came here, I found that there were loads of decent souvenirs and bits of food here I could buy for really cheap prices. It's also good fun to haggle with the street market retailers.

Staring

by oceania26

If you're non oriental be prepared for a lot of gawking. They don't even hide the fact that they are ogling you. If you are non-white, expect even more starring - especially if you are black. It's more a curiousity then anything else, I don't most Chinese outside the major cities have seen foreigners.

A different experience of the famous wall

by jono84

To anyone who wants to experience the Great Wall, the Simatai - Jinshanling section of the wall has to be the best place to do so.
Yes, it may be more difficult to get to, and if you dont have much time, the convenient package coach tours that every hotel seems to run to the Badaling part of the wall do allow a quicker alternative.

The Simatai section offers a more authentic experience; its untouched, which also means its dangerous, but thats make it more of an adventure. Its also very quiet; you would be unlucky to see anymore than a dozen people throughout a 5hour+ visit.

Shedloads of tourists are taken to the completely restored Badaling section every day, and overcrowding would make it difficult to really allow the immensity of the view to sink in.

Silk shop for hypoallergenic

by Penelope4 about Beijing Dong Wu Silk Museum

I booked a tour to the Badaling Wall and did not realize that a visit to a silk shop and a jade shop were included.

Beijing Dong Wu Silk Museum is a government-owned silk shop. At first an employee explained to us everything we should know about silk production and then we were presented blankets and pillows made of silk, then we went to another floor where employees tried to sell us silk clothes for men and women, neckties, bags, slippers, undies. Quality of the goods is very high and so were the prices. A good buy in this shop, I consider, is anything you need for your bed - if you are allergic to dust. etc. You won't be able to find blanket and pillow made of 100% silk everywhere.

Flight to Beijing - Hainan Airlines

by Stephanie

We traveled Hainan Airlines to Beijing. Hainan had just begun international flights to Seattle this year. The plane was a brand new Airbus. And what a delight! We benefited from very reasonable air fares, excellent service and great Chinese food. One of most interesting items on the whole flight were the directions (or hints) the airline imparted for a more comfortable flight. They were included as one of the video selections. I took pictures of the screen and hope to have those up soon. It can definitely spark some lively discussion.

Comments