Shuntiangang Hotel

No.30 Qianyi Street, Tianzhu Fu, Shunyi District, Beijing, Beijing Region, 101300, China

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Beijing

Watch them at work!Watch them at work!

Lily pondLily pond

the museumthe museum

an ATMan ATM

Where can I get a Russian tourist or transit visa in Beijing?

by minhuang

I am an American living in Beijing. I am planning a trip to Heilongjiang province and would like to travel across the Heilongjiang (Black Dragon River) into Russia and spend two or three nights, just for kicks. Does anybody know where I could get a Russian tourist or transit visa relatively inexpensively? A Russian consulate person said I need an agent, but the consulate hasn't been any help suggesting one who handles that. The Beijing and Heilongjiang CITS both said that since they don't organize tours across the river anymore, they don't have dealings with Russia anymore.

by ellyse

Try looking at the two threads below.

by minhuang

Thanks. It seems in Beijing you have to book train/ boat tickets in and out of Russia first with an agent. When I finalize dates of the trip, I'll try to work with the agencies in those threads.

by ellyse

Yes, that's right. At least you have a residence permit for Beijing, otherwise you wouldn't even be able to get any Russian visa there. Good luck.

by sugarpuff

Is that true Elyse, that I can get a visa in China for Russia if I have a residence permit? Because I tried many years ago and was not allowed one, but now I do have a residence permit...hhhmmm...interesting!

by ellyse

Yes, it does seem that you should try now. ;)

by sugarpuff

Thanks!!!

Never been very interested in Russia..but maybe I should go just because I can!!!

Haha...

Travel Tips for Beijing

Beijing Tip

by eho

View the Forbidden Palace from Jing Shan Park
At Jing Shan Park, the highest point of the old Beijing city, you can catch a view of the Forbidden City as well as Beijing city. The last emporer of the Ming dynasty hanged himself to death at a tree in this park.

Make sure to know what you're...

by eva_oberg

Make sure to know what you're stuffing your face with!! Chinese cuisine is not for sensitive stomachs. One lunch I thought I was eating fried sallad, but it turned out to be boiled cow stomach, yuck!!! Turtles, snakes, dogs (onion dog is a typical menu item if you're eating Hunan cuisine), frogs - well, you name it - the chinese eat it. The worst thing is that it all tastes just fine until you realize what it really is...

The chinese beverages are of varying quality and taste. The beer is quite good. Beijing has some fine local breweries which produces TsingTao (my favourite chinese beer) and Beijing Beer. Wine has been produced in China for more than 4,000 years, but stay away from the red wine if you're expecting a 'french style' wine - the wine I tasted either was so sweet it was undrinkable or VERY strong.

Be sure to try the Beijing duck before you go home. I don't think it was the best chinese dish I've ever tasted (maybe because I was so hungry that I ate the cucumber before the duck was served - how was I to know that it was meant to be eaten together? I thought it was an appetizer :-) ), but the show is fun.

Fa Yuan Si

by Paul2001

Fa Yuan Si is the oldest temple in Beijing and dates from 645 A.D. Although there is nothing in particular noteworthy about the temple architeculture, it is pleasant to walk through. This is mainly because there are few tourists here and for the fact that unlike other old temples in Beijing, there is sort of an authentic feel to the place. There has been little in the way of restoration. The temple is also surrounded by hutongs, some of the few that I visited in Beijing. The helps with the atmosphere.
The Fa Yuan Si is located at Fayuan Si Qian Jie 7 in the Xuanwu Q district which is the south side of Beijing. It is a short walk from the Ox Street Mosque. Entry is 5 yen.

Buying Silk

by Lemonita about Beijing Sichou Shangdian

This shop is selling silk of every type and colors. You can also have your cloth taylor-made. Silk My friend bought tussah silk for around 70 RMB for 1 meter. She told be it was a good deal compared to Europe.

Beijing Subway

by tiffybear

If you can get there using the subway - do it! It is cheap. Unfortunately it doesn't go everywhere. My favorite thing about riding the subway in China is that people trying to get on the subway don't wait for the people to get off first. So it becomes a giant mash of people. It was fun - just be careful of your wallet.

Comments