The Peninsula Palace Beijing

arcticboy's Profile Photo

Some Luxury

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 17, 2005

So I had to try out the Palace hotel while I was in Beijing. I knew that I would have only the basics in Mongolia so I figured I'd splurge a bit in China. I was pleased with my stay, the room was very nice, the hotel itself is beautiful, the location is ideal and the staff are always curtious and speak english.

One thing should be noted though. I'm sure this would happen anywhere, but I was treated a lot better on my stay coming from Canada where I was clean-cut and dressed fairly nicely, than when I came back from Mongolia where I was kind of scruffy, tanned and wore slightly dirty clothes. I got a few glares from the hotel staff and guests when I was waiting in the lounge as I was checking in. Other than that I was treated very well.

Unique Quality: This hotel is all about luxury. The rooms are tastefully decorated, the room I was staying in had a 42' plasma TV mounted in the wall. The building is gorgeous and on the lower floors is where you find the most extravagant shopping boutiques in Beijing. The hotel is also conveniently located close to several attractions in Beijing.

Directions: On Wangfujing Street

RoseAmano's Profile Photo

Chinese Pronounciation "Wan-Fu" Hotel

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 20, 2004

This photo is not actually of the hotel but of the famous posh shopping street adjacent to the hotel. The hotel is prime located, there are many international European designer shops in the hotel and the decor and service is consistent for 5-star hotel.

That said, I have to mention a few minus points:

1) The rooms (at least our room and the corridor) was either new or newly renovated as there was a slight smell of fresh paint or construction solvents.

2) But the windows DIDN'T open!!! I really felt the air was too stuffy to bear for long periods of time and had to go all the way outside to the main entrance several times in order to breathe fresh air.

My satifaction rating is hard to describe - all the luxuries were excellent, but no fresh air to breathe?

Without a doubt...the World's Best Hotel!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 16, 2003

As part of the famous Peninsula chain, my expectations for the Palace hotel in Beijing were high but my recent stay from 4 - 9 October surpassed even those expectations. Check in was fast and efficient and the staff throughout our stay were warm, helpful and efficient. We were made to feel at home in a foreigh city. It is the people that work there and their attention to detail that makes the Palace my hotel of choice in Beijing. My partner received a birthday cake on his birthday from the Hotel... that simple gesture achieved more than any amount of advertising could. Take my advice and stay at the Palace. The location near Tiananmen/Forbidden City, the comparative room rate and the service cannot be beaten.

Unique Quality: Fantastic service with attention to detail, the very comfortable rooms, the great buffet breakfasts included in many room rates, nice big pool, walking distance to many tourist attractions and great restaurants and shopping. Without a doubt, the best hotel in China.

money not a question...?

by written on November 3, 2002

the ambience...hmm...the best freakn hotel that i have seen in beijing....
next to st.regis hotel...this might be the best hotel in beijing...its often regarded as the best...st.regis being fairly new and all...once you walk in...you'll be treated to elegance...a string quartet will serende your welcome...the likes of prada, chanel, gucci...et cetera will be to our feasting...look...its awesome...if you got the rmb...then don't look anywhere else...

Unique Quality: unique...even the bell boys speak english...

Directions: if you can afford to stay here then just tell the cab driver you're going to the palace hotel...they will know it...

Chuck_Cotten's Profile Photo

Smack in the middle of everything

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 25, 2002

We stayed at the Palace Hotel in Beijing. Its outstanding with everything you could want. Top notch service and food. A bit expensive but I felt it was a great value. If your a first time traveler to Beijing, its a comfortable place to call home for a few days.

Unique Quality: Beautiful rooms, full service. The concierge is very helpful. Top notch food and many very highend shops. Take to the streets for some real haggeling.

Nearby The Peninsula Palace Beijing

The Peninsula Palace Beijing

• Peninsula Hotel Beijing
  • Beijing Peninsula
  • The Peninsula Beijing Hotel Beijing

Address: No.8 Jinyu Alley, Wangfujing, Dongcheng District, Beijing, Beijing, 100006, China

6 Photos of The Peninsula Palace Beijing

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Beijing Travel Forum

Need advice about Beijing, China? Visit the Travel Forum for Beijing and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Beijing hotel reviews