The Westin Beijing Chaoyang

No.7 East Third Ring North Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, Beijing Region, 100027, China
Agoda.com Orbitz.com Westin.com

Costs 62% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about The Westin Beijing Chaoyang

A solid choice for business with very good fitness center

by TripAdvisor Member SixContinents

A new, well appointed hotel for business less than 30 minutes from Beijing airport and convenient for business in the eastern side of the city.

Pros:
- large, well appointed rooms with comfortable beds
- well above average fitness center with new TechnoGym cardio and weight machines. Roughly a dozen cardio machines, including 8 treadmills and a few elliptical trainers. Weight machines selection very good for a hotel.
- quiet, no street noise
- efficient check in / out and helpful bell staff

Cons:
- breakfast buffet seemed overpriced for what was offered. Maybe look for a room rate that includes breakfast especially if you're travelling more than one to a room

Overall a pleasant hotel stay in a very new hotel with attentive staff. Would stay there again.

Nice stay

by TripAdvisor Member Jeejy

Hotel staff are nice and helpful. The hotel facillity esp. swimming pool and gym are new and very good.
Yuyi shopping center is opposite the hotel, but the goods price is much more expensive ( when compare with other shopping center)
The convenience store(7/11) is quite long walk.
Nightlife around hotel is not so much fun and seems quiet.
Subway station is in front of hotel and fare is cheap ( only 2 yuan) .
In April you can feel uncomfortable due to sandstorm.

Great Hotel for a weekend getaway in the city...

by TripAdvisor Member globaljunkie

I reside in Beijing and stayed at this hotel with my wife for a weekend getaway. Reception staff were very welcoming and we were fortunate to be upgraded to a suite, which had a lovely bedroom and seperate sitting/dining area. Various hotel managers made it a point to go out of their way to introduce themselves and ensure that we had a pleasant stay. The Hotel GM even got out of bed at 330am to assist me, which is an example of the service and personal touch the hotel provides. As we live in Beijing we frequent the restaurants and clubs as well. Touch has one of the best mixed drink menus I've seen and Mix has a great ambiance and beer selection.

by TripAdvisor Member domingp

Excellent stay in Beijing. My family knows that I have high standards when it comes to where i lay my head and the Westin Chaoweng does not dissappoint! My three teens were highly impressed by the Sunday buffet (from caviar to champagne to kid friendly pasta etc)and proximity to the Sanlitun (diplomatic Quarter) shopping and night life and the fact that one of their fav soccer players was staying there at the same time time as us. For me its the Westin heavenly bed and the little touches that make the difference such as candles in the lobby and by the pool. staff .which incidentatlly rivals the best pools i have seen particularly for a hotel smack in the middle of a city- it has a real resort feel. The staff were well trined and discreet. My husband spent alot of his time in the Gym which is pretty amazing-state of the art equipment. Downsides: there are not a whole lot of retaurants right around. Have to walk about five mins but taxis are plentiful and we actually liked walking in that area so it wasnt a problem for us. The food in the hotel was excellent and we definitely will stay there again.

The only place to stay in Beijing

by TripAdvisor Member ronaldclifford

Stayed with my wife 10 days on first trip to Beijing. Everything about this hotel was superb- reception, facilities, food and warm, warm welcome - not something I've found in over 40 years staying in hotels of this class! We had a great time - everyone was helpful and attentive. A real high spot was the Sunday Brunch - quite the most spectacular we've ever encountered. We're going back!! Nowhere else will do in Beijing for us

No taxis no where this is. No privacy of bathroom.

by TripAdvisor Member publius72

It's a new hotel so taxi drivers have no clue where it is. I made the mistake of stepping out without their address card. Took me an hour to find a taxi that could take me back and that was only after tracking down the hotel phone number and having them talk to the driver. By the way I speak Mandarin.

The rooms were obviously designed by Chinese people because there is no privacy for the bathroom. Only stay here with another person if you are comfortable defacating and showering in front of them.

Nice rooms, poor service

by TripAdvisor Member nathalieroberts

I stayed her for 10 days on a business trip. My mother was a guest during my stay. The rooms were very nice. We had a corner room with fantastic views and weren't at all disturbed by other guests in the hallways. The beds were very comfortable, the shower heads fantastic.

The service on the other hand was very bad. I had previously stayed at the Marriott in Beijing & Shanghai and expected the Westin to have better services, such as English speaking staff, concierge suggestions for restaurants, etc. Unfortunately this was not the case. Several times, the concierge directed us to closed restaurants or gave the doormen/taxi drivers incorrect addresses. The staff at check in & check out and concierge desk did not understand much English. The worst part was the unfriendliness and attitude from the staff.

We had access to the business lounge and usually found that the staff there were very nice and helpful. They booked two of our dinner reservations, when the concierge was unable to. However that wasn't consistent either; my mother was almost denied breakfast one morning when she was alone; we think it was because she was dressed very casually that day. She complained and they then showered her with attention, however, it came after a week of having problem after problem. None of the problems were major, however, it seemed there was something different every day and we were tired by the time we checked out.

Despite my business level, I was charged for internet use in my room. During the first days of our stay, a delegation from Turkey was there (I'm pretty sure the president), which meant that the front of the hotel was closed off to everyone else, we were directed to enter & exit the hotel through the rear. I wasn't able to get a massage, b/c there weren't enough staff available when I tried to book.

Overall, the rooms are great. If you don't need extra help from staff or concierge, it's an ok place to stay. What made it bearable for us, was that my company was paying for the room. Had I paid with personal funds, I would have rated this hotel much lower.

Fantastic, great for business or pleasure

by TripAdvisor Member iamspinoza

Stayed here for two nights on a holiday; I have stayed in all Starwood hotels in Beijing and though I rate St Regis as the best, this is the one I will return to next time as it is the best value. Differences in quality are minor, while the Westin is a much newer hotel with more modern furnishings.

I stayed in a Corner Room (the largest beside suites)

Positives:
- fully automated window blinds between two layers of glasses were a nice touch, including in the bathrooms.
- great vanities and shower heads etc in the bathroom. OK views even from bathroom. (Other reviews about no privacy in bathroom is a bit silly, even though theres a window, people cant see you from the outside; if paranoid, just press one button and you have complete privacy).
- clean, modern, natural furnishings, especially loved the fresh flowers around the room, the Osim uSqueeze foot massager, and the BOSE CD/Radio alarm. The furniture was so tasteful and comfortable.
- gym, pool, and sauna were all fantastic
- location - not the BEST location in beijing (which would be around wangfujing or jiangguomen, or nearby), but it is right next door to a metro station, which is often faster than taxis in beijing. Its also close to Sanlitun by taxi, and close to several high quality massage places. If you are one of those tourists who need to taxi everywhere, this hotel is probably not for you. If you catch the metro sometimes, and taxi home when coming home late at night, this hotel is perfect. As it is a new hotel, some taxi drivers will not know how to get to this hotel. This is VERY common in beijing, and cannot fault the hotel. Simply say it is next to Liangmaqio di tie zhan (metro station). Also very close to airport by taxi!

Negatives:
- the bed was comfortable, but the sheets were far too complex. I know Westin takes pride in its bed set, but I dont understand how anyone needs 5 layers (including two thick quilts) in a normal climate controlled room. First night I woke up in the middle of the night sweating all over. Second night i was determined to remove one of the thick quilts, but that was not an easy task without ruining the entire bed set.
- room service food: over priced, and quite bad with western food. I ordered a salmon eggs benedict, and somehow it came with cooked salmon pieces instead of smoked salmon, and no hollandaise sauce. Almond croissant had no almond inside, just almond pieces on the top and some sugar powder. Creme brulee was also exceptionally small by normal standards. (see pictures). For some reason chinese hotels ALWAYS burn your toast, then scrap off the burnt ash..
- level of english with staff - if you cannot speak any mandarin, you WILL be able to manage with just english at this hotel, but the staff's command of english is poorer than at St Regis. If you order a creme brulee, they mispronounce brulee. Some staff may have difficulty understanding.

Overall I loved the rooms and all the interior decorations and found the location quite good.

look no further, this is the place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member allynf

this is one of the nicest hotels i have ever stayed in. the room is very plush and comfortable, with electronic drapes, night lights, a flat screen tv, a touch screen phone. relaxing colors and textures are everywhere in the room and the beds are very plush. about the only really weird feature of the room is in the bathroom where the doors to the toilet room and shower are made of glass and only the center third is frosted leaving the top third and bottom third completely clear so there is no privacy. we hung a towel over the handle of the toilet room door. the business center is efficient and helpful (and expensive). we did not eat the buffets at the restaurant but we saw the lunch buffet and it looked amazing. we did not try the spa but walked through it on the way to the pool and it looked incredible. pool was large and indoors. the hard rock cafe is just across the street. if you’re looking for a western hotel in beijing this is the one.

Extremely impressive rooms but unimpressive service

by TripAdvisor Member M_Teo

This hotel truly impresses with its absolutely gorgeous and extremely spacious rooms as previously described in great details by other reviewers.
However ,it fails to delivers in terms of service. Most staff are not articulate in English and we have problems communicating our needs at times.The seemingly inexperienced staff do not appear friendly and even cold at timesas they usually do not put on a smile. The personalised service we expect of Westin somehow did not livee up to expectations

Comments