3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Costs 23% less but rated 13% lower than other 3.5 star hotels

More about Beijing

Mutianyu Great WallMutianyu Great Wall

at nightat night

Amazing and yummy!Amazing and yummy!

encoreencore

Need another person for tour

by Kellylynn734

Hello! My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Beijing July 1-7. We want to go on an overnight on the wall trip through Happy Dragon Hostel. The price is 450RMB and includes transportation, 2 meals, sleeping gear and a guide. They boast that it is a 'secret tour' and in an unrestored, undiscovered part of the wall. My friends went on a different trip with them and had a wonderful time. There is a 3 person miniumum to book the trip so we need at least one more person!! Email me if youre interested (Kellylynn734@gmail.com). The price is AWESOME and the pictures from previous trips are beautiful. I really want to book this trip so let me know ASAP!

by matjung

I donĀ“t want to disappoint you, but I have seen some other websites than "Happy Dragon Hostel" offering the same thing.

(But this company is more expensive than yours)

by Kellylynn734

Thanks for the help but I think when they say 'undiscovered' they just mean not-so-touristy.

by SandiM

Kelly, I read about this type of offer and really wanted to do it when I went in September, however I was with my 72 yr old mother at the time and didn't think she could handle it, as you may very well end up sleeping on the ground on top of the wall. BUT, I heard it was FANTASTIC to do, and as a photographer, I really envy you if you can do it. Good luck finding your extra person!!! Post back on this thread if you go through with it, and post some photos of sunset/sunrise!! Maybe it will inspire me to go back and try it! ha ha

Travel Tips for Beijing

Chinese signs in English

by jonkb

Favorite Thing: A thing of great amusement was the Chinese use of the English language. I realize that I'm sitting in a house of glass now, but some of the sentences became downright amusing when translated from Chinese to English. Here's an example: "Owner not responsible for things in toilet". Sadly I didn't take a picture of that. The one I did take a picture of isn't half as funny.

I do hope I haven't offended anyone, it is truly not my intention.

China can be forbidding for an...

by Jim_Eliason

China can be forbidding for an American (and most other nationalities, I guess) traveler because the use of characters makes reading signs impossible. What I found is that most young people speak English. So if you need assistance, seek out someone in the 15-25 year old range.

Anti-theft Unisex Underwear

by Confucius

These are available for sale at night markets and Chinese department stores. The zipper front pocket is convenient for carrying cash or other items you wish to conceal. They come in an assortment of styles and colors and usually cost around 6 RMB (less than 1 US dollar), a smart investment if you plan on travelling around China for some length of time.
I know this could have been a shopping tip but I always pack a couple pairs for long trips in China and wear one on the day I embark on a train ride or long distance bus.

A Cluster of Tombs

by keeweechic

The construction of the tombs started back in 1409 and ended with the autumn of the Ming Dynasty in 1644. Over a period of some 200 years, tombs were built throughout an area of 40 sqkms, which is surrounded by walls. Each tomb is located at the foot of a separate hill and is connected with the other tombs by a road called the Sacred Way.

There is a stone archway which sits at the southern end of the Sacred Way. This 14 metre high arch was constructed in 1540. It is decorated with designs of waves, clouds, and divine animals.

Location : (50 kms/31 miles northwest of Beijing) .

Exciting Window Shopping

by dhei about Wangfujing Street

Wangfu Jing is near to my hotel. It is famous street where you can find malls, plaza, and shops. from foods to books, from fashion to sport. there is main street, but when you go to the smaller streests, you get surprise with local foods stands and chinese stuff stand-shop. no special dress code.

Comments