Yoyo Hotel

Middle Building 10, East Sanlitun, Chaoyang District, Beijing, Beijing Region, 100027, China
Yoyo Hotel
Booking.com Agoda.com eDreams

More about Beijing

Rabbit where is your beer?Rabbit where is your beer?

Strolling through the ParkStrolling through the Park

the cubethe cube

again side avenueagain side avenue

Electronics in Beijing

by thelma91

Is it advisable to buy electronics in Beijing for use in Ireland?? i.e Cameras, games consoles etc???

by TJS1

Hi there, if you want a bargain I would steer clear of electronics in China unless from a reputable dealer. China are the worlds best at copying. Everything on the outside looks fine.... Have a great trip.

by Homanded

Above poster is correct.
Also, keep in mind the warranty. Will you be able to return, ask for a refund in the case of something going wrong with the product?

We looked at a couple of camera lenses and accessories when we were in China.
The instructions were in Chinese and, the warranty issues were too "iffy"

by polartraveller

no, most electronics in China only carries China warranties, not international, even for foreign brand names.

by ellyse

I wouldn't buy electronics in China. They're not really a bargain here.

Travel Tips for Beijing

St Mary's (South Church) @ Xuanwu Subway

by egosyncratix

This church offers English services on Sundays at 10:30am. For complete list of services / church history, visit my travelogue (album 4 or 6) for complete pilgrimage photographs I love this place....

The Y files. Flavors of China: dumplings

by marielexoteria

The Y files, where Y stands for "yummy!".

Dumplings, another thing I simply had to eat while in China. Now, these dumplings were different than the ones I'm used to.

The ones I had in China are called jiaozi and are a thin piece of dough filled with pork, vegetables, fish, you name it - and then boiled, steamed or fried. They were so delicious that I had them 3 times =)

The Ox Street Mosque

by Paul2001

I have visited mosques all over the world but the two I visited in China are a especially unique. That is because they incorporate a fascinating blend of Chinese and Islamic architecture. For example there is no recognizable minaret here but a tower more commonly seen in a Buddhist or Taoist temple. This tower is in fact the Wangyue Lou and it is from here that the local iman observes the stars in order to calculate the commencement of Ramadan. Curiously I visited during Ramadan. Usually a mosque might not allow non-Moslems access during the holy period but that was not the case here. Unfortunately I could not enter the prayer hall which is not open for non-Moslem at anytime of the year. You can see into it from the front portal. From there you can seem the bright red columns decorated with Arabic inscriptions. This was a very joyous place during my visit, mostly because it was Ramadan but also for the fact that mosques are social places too. A place to meet other worshipers and friends.
The Ox Street Mosque is located in the Islamic quarter of Beijing. This is not the most delightful part of town. The beggers that block your way into the entrance are the most persistent I came across in China. The mosque is open daily from 8am to 5pm and it costs Y10 to enter.

Nice store!

by cinthya_in_victoria about Cloisonne

I visited this shop as part of our tour. First, you are taken to the factory to take a look of how their products are made and then, you find the store.
There are so, so many things to see and buy. At least to me, it wasn´t that expensive and you can buy many souvenirs to take home.
The brochure I have from this place says: "Cloisonne, maned as enamelware, have originated in Beijing of Yuan dynasty and prevailed during the Jingtai period (1450-1456) of Ming Dinasty." pens, keyrings, bracelets, jars, etc, etc, it's imposible not to buy something! it was worthwhile! As much as you want. They prices are ok.

HONEST TAXI DRIVER IN BEIJING

by mavl

if you're looking for an honest taxi driver once you get to beijing, get in touch with yao jun. when he took me to the beijing olympic stadium construction site, he actually shut the meter off and waited for me to finish taking pictures - without me telling him to do so. i expected him to leave once i got off but he just waited. when i was done, he took me to the other olympic venues and once again shut the meter off while waiting.

the next day, i asked him to pick me up from my hotel and bring me to the airport. needed to pass by an atm on the way and when we got to one, he shut down the meter again. what's more, he turned off the engine, locked the car and got down to wait near the atm where i could see him - so as not to make me worry that he'll race off with all my luggage in his taxi. what a nice guy!

posted a photo of his business card. once again, tell him miko from the philippines referred you. please give him my regards!

his car# is B-JO446. his mobile # is listed below.

Comments