Yutingyuan Hotel Beijing

More about Beijing

Jade galleryJade gallery

Sophie's bakerySophie's bakery

Tiananmen Square in BeijingTiananmen Square in Beijing

pork large intestinepork large intestine

Massage Places around Beida...or anywhere in Beijing

by Vend

My friends and I are in Beijing for an exchange for a few months and we are looking for a clean massage place. No funny stuff, just massage for an affordable rate. Any ideas?

by DrSlump

When I was in Beijing 2 years ago i took a few massages in good and small place. I don't rememeber exactly the name of that place, but i can tell you how to find it.

We stayed at the "Novotel XinQuiao Hotel" (near the Tiananmen Place, 10 minutes walking).In front of this hotel (the other side of the street) there are a big pastry shop (nice cakes), then on your rigth hand (200 meters or 300 meters away from the pastry shop, direction to Tiananmen place) you will find a little place called something like "Blind Masseurs -Bei Lei Style". Here, in this place, i took several massages. Clean, good and not very expensive (10 euro/hour). I enjoyed very much in this place.

P.D:: I agree with last post. You can find a plenty of good massage places in Bejing.

Salute

by chinamonty

I dont know of the prices in Beijing but compared to Shenzhen 10Euros is over the top. I used to pay RMB38 per hour or 58 for two hours in a massage centre attached to the hotel where I stayed. They were really good (bone doctors). I would ask around when you get there.

by Firedfish

I think that you can go to the hospital. There is the doctor can help you.
Most of the massage place is eroticism place.

by Badger1492

I don't agree with FiredFish. There are lots of legitimate massage places in Beijing and other cities. I have been to several of them myself. It is best to get a recommendation or go with someone who speaks Mandarin, though. But you can still get what you want. Agree on the price ahead of time. I did find that the massages in Beijing were almost double what they cost in the south. I was with a local so I don't think we were getting a special "tourist" price.

Travel Tips for Beijing

Chinese people are welcoming...

by zqboy

Chinese people are welcoming this year's Cupid visit with great enthusiasm. Money cannot buy you love on Valentine's Day, but Beijing people are spending millions of yuan on flowers, cards, chocolates and romantic outings, which are classic means to celebrate the western holiday.

a native student talk Beijing in Yahoo messager.

by flyingc2004

I am a undergraduate student in Beijing. I wanna study in US college and i will take a TOEFL exam in Oct 15th.
i want to practise my English. So I leave my message here,to look for somebody who wanna go to Beijing.
I could talk with you about beijing in all you want to know.
yahoo messager:FlyingC2004@yahoo.com

Hiking The Great Wall of China

by GlobeTrekr

Visiting the Great Wall of China is a must when in Beijing. Most people will visit the extremely touristy and most visited section of the wall at Badaling which is only about 50 miles (80km) outside of Beijing. Many others will opt for the Mutianyu section of the wall which is older than the Badaling section and from many accounts better to visit. I'm sure either of these two sections will suffice for your visit to the wall.

However, for an incredible, rewarding experience, take the 3 hour (120 km) journey from Beijing to Jinshanling. The initial section of the wall at Jinshanling has been restored but thats it. You will hike 10 km from Jinshanling to Simatai where the Great Wall is in its original, authentic, unrestored condition. The hike can be anywhere from 2-4 hours but it is an awesome experience. We went with a group of about ten, who all hiked at their own pace, ultimately herded by our tour guide. Throughout most of the hike there is nobody else in sight (as you can see from my pics). Remember to take water, snacks, and maybe some toilet paper! It gets very steep and strenuous at times so keep that in mind before going. I would say its not for children nor adults with knee, ankle, or hip problems. Those who are unfit, heavy set, or of age can definitely do it but be prepared to work. By no means is that meant to scare prospective visitors away, remember this is a tip and I want you to go, but rather useful information in knowing that its no cake walk! Trust me, hiking the Great Wall of China from Jinshanling to Simatai will NOT disappoint.

Biggish Antiques Area

by bhemak about Liulichang Antiques Street

This antiques area is the largest one I saw in Beijing. It also happens to be the only one I saw in Beijing and really close to where I stayed. It does have a wide variety of antiques and at reasonable prices. A short list of what I saw: Jade (fake?), ink scrolls, lots of name chops, silk clothes and pillow cases, vases, folk art, wood carvings, Tibetian items, art supplies, books, old looking coins, jewelry cases, and ornate mirrors. Depends. Bargin a lot. If you look rich, try to go for a third of what they say. If you look western, but poor (backpackers) go for half of what they say.

BEIJING'S PUB CULTURE

by LysDor

The Hardrock café Beijing is an institution and is located close to Lufthansa center. It is definitely not like other Hardrock cafés around the world: inside it's a real strange combination of american food, disco music and mongolian ladies! Worth to visit and feel the unique ambiance...

There is also a german bierstube at the center which is more close to traditional ones.

A very lively place is also a tiny street between Sanlitun and Xindong avenue; there you can find among many others a Belgian beer pub, Irish pub with live U2 music played by locals and other local ones.

Close to the workers stadium there is Lily´s place, one of the nighttime clubs open during the whole night and where all the westerns are welcomed. No fear here, all the scandinavians and europeans visit here.

Comments