Yuyuan Binguan

No.31 Shatan North Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing, Beijing Region, 100009, China

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Beijing

First view of the wall from bus 919First view of the wall from bus 919

Scorpion for lunch, anyone?Scorpion for lunch, anyone?

for directionsfor directions

have somehave some

Mao's Mausoleum

by SeeTheWorld13879

How long does it take to visit the mausoleum (waiting time in line included)?

Thanks!

by Chrissy50

I was there 3 years ago this November, from memory we arrived about 10am, Fistly do you know that you have to go across the road and leave everything there, e.g. camera, bags etc. it is not hard finding where you have to go, you are given a ticket and then go back across the road and get in line. I did not find the time a problem when I was there, about 10 mins I would have said, the line moves quite quickly and of course it is interesting just to be there. I was not with a tour so there were no other westeners there at the time, lost of Chinese tourists. There is a stall selling flowers (artificial) just before you enter I can't remember how much they were charging but lot's of Chinese were buying them, you find a statue of Mao first and that is where the flowers are placed. My guess is that they are continually reused, someone might contridict me on that point. I have read a couple of Mao's bioghrophy's and of course heard the speculation on wether or not it is his body or a wax model, no matter it was quite strange and interesting being there, then get ready for the souviner's for sale as you leave. Enjoy your time it is a facinating country.

by wangyixuan1981

it won't take you too long to wait if you can avoid weekends and national holidays, also avoid 26 Dec and 9 Sep, it's was the date of his born & pass.

by wangyixuan1981

it won't take you too long to wait if you can avoid weekends and national holidays, also avoid 26 Dec and 9 Sep, it's was the date of his birth & pass-away.

Travel Tips for Beijing

Asia, when to come?

by ntm2322

If you are planning a trip to Asia but you aren’t sure when to come, avoid coming between May and August. It is not because it is hot, it is because it is indeed too humid.

When you arrive and get off the plane you will promptly feel the humidity and you will never forget that soft and warm puff of humidity on your face for the rest of your life.

Well, in Europe is also hot but bearable because there isn’t almost humidity.
The period between September and December is the best time to come to Asia, you will feel very comfortable, just like in Quebec, Canada, where part of this period, the so-called “Indian Summer” is the best time to visit.

kind of strange taste...roots...

by angelochka

what can i add more?:)
here is a comment of Guantanamera regarding this courageous culinary experience we shared: "The Yunnanese roots were one of those outlandish yet interesting culinary experiences that one has the chance to indulge in whilst on the road... I wish there had been time to explore the whole menu at that place!" anyway if you want me to give more details..these roots were brown and lavishly ornated with white sugar powder, still have no idea was it supposed to be kind of desert or main dish..we've tried it sometime in the middle...hmm
p.s. sorry i dont remember the name of the restaurant where we gave them a try, but i'm pretty sure you could find them in any menu in any restaurant of Yunnanese cuisine..but thinking more..if i'm not mistaken it was near the lake Qian Hai

Leave the crowds (2)

by kokoryko

I walked slowly for about 3 kilometres on the old ruins, looking at the small forts, the small towers, being like attracted to go further and further. At one point I had to stop and think of returning.
I could sit for whiles without being disturbed, listening to the noises of nature, the birds, the wind. . . I thought of this tremendous piece of architecture: its building began 2400 years ago and it is now 6400 km long; lets calculate quickly: between 5 and 7 metres wide, 6 and 17 metres high (let us take 6 and 12 as averages), 6400 km long: 461 million cubic metres construction (do not count towers, little forts and short side sections. . . ); compare to . . . the Kheops pyramid for instance: 2.6 million cubic metres. The great wall represents 180 Kheops pyramids (in stone volume used for construction, nothing else can be compared of course!!!!), I just imagine the construction site with thousands of people working and dying there.
It is the only human feature you can see from the moon, etc. . I will not write the book of records. . . I was thinking, walking on the ruins even the biggest human artefact will disappear one day, that is history, and geology. . .And this wall proved almost totally useless against the Mongol invasions for the prevention of which it had been built!!!
Ah how did I come back? I walked back on the wall almost until the renovated section and found a place where I could go down on the “Chinese side” this time (Mongolian side is the northern (but not north everywhere, as the wall turns a lot) side, where defensive towers are built in front of the wall, and where are the crenels, on the Chinese side there are usually no crenels.) and I followed a small track which led me to a barb wire fence; there was a big hole in the fence and going through the hole I was back in the legal area for visitors of the Great Wall!

How to Pay at the Malls

by emoja

I made payment twice in this manner at the malls. I'm not sure if all places are this way, but here's a helpful tip in case you run into it.

- Pick out your item.

- The saleperson will hold the item for you and give you a slip of paper.

- Take the slip of paper to the cashier (they'll have a sign saying 'cashier' in English).

- Make your payment.

- Return with the receipt to the salesperson. They will then give you your item.

This is the procedure to know, just in case!

book an Air ticket

by violett

the home page of our Airport(choose please the english):

I fly back to beijing every half years since I have been in germany. And there are so many chinese companies which sell really cheap tickets with good service and tickets for airplanes from all over the world, not only for CA (Air China). And I'd like to give u one of them, where I bought most of my tickets(also e-ticket,you can get it via email and buy it online):
XILI Company +49-30-31007921(2)
They can also speak english and german. Cause they are in germany.

The flight from Frankfurt to Beijing is about 9 hours.
Tip: try to book 1A when u check-in at airport. It is very important for a long journey(near the window and have more places before u)!

Comments