Chongqing Hotels

Our Members Say

• jsob1949 profile photo jsob1949
  • Reviews: 4

Kempinski Hotel Chongqing: Treated Like Royalty

This hotel was our first stop on our Sinarama Tour of China. By the time we reached the hotel many of us had been up for over 18 hours and lost a day! As we disembarked from the bus and entered the hotel we were greeted by the lobby staff welcoming us to their hotel. The lobby was stunning gracious, flowing and uplifting. We had fast priority check in and into our rooms in no time. Beautifully laid out rooms, elegant and functional washrooms, plenty of storage space and wonderfully comfortable beds. Breakfast offered both western and oriental style breakfasts, specialty cuisine chefs making omelettes and soup and noodles. Excellent wait staff efficient and courteous. Great spa and fitness centre. The next day as we departed the hotel manager greeted us at the bus with a small gift for each couple and a smiling "thank you" for staying at their hotel. All in all a 5 star hotel with 5 star amenities and a 5 star attitude

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Business Travel, Seniors, Historical Travel
  • Written May 14, 2014

Hotel Front Lobby

• Willettsworld profile photo Willettsworld
  • Reviews: 8151

My cabin on Yangzi River Cruise: Budget Chinese boat

I booked a first class cabin (as I was travelling on my own and didn't fancy sharing with other Chinese travellers) at a hostel called The Mix Hostel in Chengdu for around Y1490. This included a bus from Chengdu to Chongqing, 3 nights on the boat and a trip along the Little Three Gorges. I arrived on my boat, called the Chang Hang Jiang Shan II, at about 7pm after being taken to the wharf by the cruise company.

I actually got very lucky and had the 2-berth cabin all to myself as a Chinese guy that I should've shared with moved his stuff out when I arrived and stayed in another cabin! The cabin was OK except for lovely stains on the wallpaper but it had a WC and shower and sink plus a small TV. Hot water arrived every morning so as to make tea or coffee. For more information visit my Yangzi River trip page below.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Cruise
  • Written May 18, 2009

• jukebox79 profile photo jukebox79
  • Reviews: 21

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Motel168: Motel near Hongyadong Area

It provides special rooms with really low prices. Be careful there are no windows in special rooms. Rooms with good river views are much better.

New motel that a few walks near Hongyadong Area facing the river where convient for shopping, food and drinks. Liu Yi Shou Hot Pot, ChongQing XiaoTian Hot Pot , starbuck, Carrefour are nearby.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Eco-Tourism
  • Written April 2, 2007

• BobandHua profile photo BobandHua
  • Reviews: 4

Marriott CQ: Good Hotel, Plenty of English spoken

Actually we stayed at this place because when my wife travels here on business. She stays here nearly two weeks out of every month. She's got bazillion points here and well, we've stayed in Marriotts all over Asia for free because of it. So, call it brand loyalty or whatever but its a damn nice hotel.

Nice indoor pool. Plenty of English speaking staff Central location.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: National/State Park, Hiking and Walking, Cruise
  • Written June 7, 2006

• nepalgoods profile photo nepalgoods
  • Reviews: 1342

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Victoria 7: 2005: Cabin on the Yangzi Cruise Ship

Victoria 7 is a 4-Star-Cruise ship. It has all facilities, which you can expect of a river-cruise-ship: Bar, sundeck, spacious lobby, hairdresser, fitness-room, massage-salon and more.

The standard cabins are small. Two narrow beds, two small chairs and a wardrobe. The bathroom is wuite big. I have been on many river-cruises (Wolga, Nile, Rhine-River) This cabins on Victoria 7 are small but usefull. To share the cabin with somebody you know is possible. To share it with a collegue, as I did, whom I did not know much, made the room even smaller. But most of the time we spend on deck.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Cruise, Luxury Travel, Seniors
  • Written October 17, 2005

Victoria 7

• tremendopunto profile photo tremendopunto
  • Reviews: 629

SHUANGHUI LIJING HOTEL.

Well, I have a backpacker soul, so when I travel with a friend or on my own I try to find some cheap places, but still the best quality for a certain amount of money.
If you travel with your girlfriend things look different - they make travelling so expensive;-)

Finding luxury places to stay in is nothing special. The challenge is to find cheap Hotels with the best quality.
Here are my results for Chongqing:

In spring 2004 the HUIXIANLOU (on MinzhuLu No. 186 leading to the JiefangBei Monument, phone: (023)-63845101)offered the best dormitory rooms in Chongqing around JiefangBei. Despite a 6-bed-room it was spacious and great because the walls were completely of glass offering an amazing view down to the busy shopping streets to the JiefangBei monument. They charged 50 Yuan a night.

But around Christmas and New Year in 04/05 they closed down any dormitory offers. But it is available again. Last check was August 2006.

I checked several other hotels like the SHIPIN DASHA (72 ShaanxiLu No.72, phone: (023)-638476775) which is closer to the harbour. But it is totally run down and even their so called better double rooms 100 to 180 yuan are not worth thinking about it. There is also a Karaoke Bar in the building which does not make it better. (last update: pulled down in August 2006)

A Chinese friend helped me to find a great place, the SHUANGHUI LIJING HOTEL. From JiefangBei Monument you walk down the Minzhu Lu for 5-10 minutes to the big Carrefour Supermarket. In front of this market turn left and the next possibility right again. Right behind the Carrefour, approximately the 4th building on the left side, there you find it. My doubleroom was on 15th floor with a nice view and cost 100 Yuan. Rooms are very clean, nice service and western style bathrooms.
I stayed here the last couple of times - it is the best quality for your money!

The pic shows the SHUANGHUI LIJING HOTEL.

central location in Yuzhong District, close to JiefangBei, Great view, good price-quality ratio, only 9 Euros for a double room of this quality is unbeatable

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written May 11, 2005

• FreeCloud profile photo FreeCloud
  • Reviews: 1138

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

People's Hotel: Beijing Temple of Heaven look alike

Details later.

The only reason I chose this was because its roof looks like the Temple of Heaven in Beijing.

Pros:
The good thing is that it does has the marble railing like those seen in the Forbidden City in Beijing and a 'free' ballroom dance 'party' every evening, spontaneous one by locals, in front of lit water fountains and music. Very interesting scene to me.

The rooms are okay, but HEAVY smoke smell.

Cons:
There is NO non-smoking room. And the rooms cannot be 'aired' well to eliminate the smoke smell.

When we arrived, it was just after a multi-day conference and most of the attendees were heavy smokers!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written August 7, 2003

• guilinpaul profile photo guilinpaul
  • Reviews: 1
Marriott Hotel, the best hotel...

Marriott Hotel, the best hotel in Chongqing
85-95 USD - if you can not get this rate, ask Paul for help.

Marriott Chongqing Hotel brings an unparalleled standard of comfort and service to this famous 'Mountain City' in the Southwest of China. Whether you're traveling for business, pleasure, or planning a meeting, Marriott focuses on what it takes to make your trip successful.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written August 26, 2002

• nepalgoods profile photo nepalgoods
  • Reviews: 1342

1991: Cabin on Yangzi-Ship

This is the third-class-cabin on a Yangzi-ship, which the locals take. It is ok, when you are used to shared rooms. It even had a washingbasin. And a direct door to the deck, so that we could see the gorges immideately, when we reached them at 6 o'clock in the morning.
Well, not exactly the least expensive as there are also a fourth and fifth class...

Meeting Chinese people.

• Related to: Backpacking, Photography, Budget Travel
  • Written August 25, 2002

On a Chinese Boat

• LAOWAI profile photo LAOWAI
  • Reviews: 324

I lived in the Foreign...

I lived in the Foreign Expert's Building 100 meters past this gate, down on the right. This gate is new. I'm ont sure why it's new and I'm not sure what sort of Expert I was back then.

It was 'free.' since I was working for nearly free.

• Written August 25, 2002