Hua Sheng Hotel (Yinzuo)

Travel Tips for Emeishan

China's tallest Holy Mountain

by Pedro4832

"On top of the World"

Emeishan is China's tallest Buddhist Holy Mountain, standing at 3077m. The entire mountain has steps running up (although I cheated and took a cable car up the first 1000m)! Despite my headstart, I still only got to the top an hour before sunset. The view was awesome, although you couldn't see anything.... The top of the mountain was above cloud level and there was a sea of cloud as far as the eye could see. The sunset was stunning as was the sunrise, for which I had to spend a very cold night in a hostel to see. Got a little lost on the way down trying to take a short cut, but thats another story!

On the way up the mountain monkeys wait on the steps hoping climbers will give them food. They are so tame they will take nuts and seeds out of your hand. My brother was feeding them while I was taking photos. Through my lens I see a monkey suddenly start running towards me. By the time I'd taken the camera from my eye and realised what was going on the monkey had run up to me, grabbed the BAG of sunflower seeds from next to me and bolted up ther nearest tree - CHEEKY MONKEY!

Comments