Everbright Business Hotel

Ctrip.com Travelocity Otel.com

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Xiamen

On the grass field in Xiamen University.On the grass field in Xiamen University.

Cactus greenhouseCactus greenhouse

Gulangyu IslandGulangyu Island

orchestraorchestra

Gulangyu ferry

by annapolissailor

We arrive via cruise ship to Xiamen next month and would like to take ferry to Gulangyu. Does any one know if cruise ship docking area is near ferry? Thank you.

by anneshaw

Are you on Royal Caribbean Cruise Feb 14. I am on this cruise and I am also seeking info re Xiamen.

by annapolissailor

Hello, yes my husband and I are on the Feb 14 Legend of the Seas cruise. I am trying to plan shore excursions and the island across from Xiamen looked very interesting and thought we'd try to do it on our own - a pedestrian only island with many old colonial homes from the Opium War times. My other question on virtual tourist was inquiring about going to Hue or Hoi An on our Danang (Chang May) stop.
I have been following conversations on our cruise on the Cruise Critic website on the Legend of the Seas Feb 14 board. We're certainly going to cover a lot of territory and I love the planning part, too! I don't know what to do yet in Sanya and Sihanoukville, Have you any plans yet?
Paige

by anneshaw

Sorry, I forgot about my post. I am on the same cruise Feb 14.

I believe we will do all of the China ports on our own. I am sure taxi are available at the ports and will probably hire one to take us around, hoping that they speak some english.

Cambodia port - we found out that taxi are available at the port and that the town and beach is not far. I found a map of the town and feel comfortable enough to do it on our own. Thailand and Vietnam we will do them with the cruise.

my e-mail --- anne_shaw@rogers.com feel free to email me

Travel Tips for Xiamen

Xiamen underwater sea world

by khc606

Unlike most other aquariums in China that have all the aquatic diversity of a common carp pond, this fish center is actually quite impressive. More than 10,000 aquatic creatures lodge here including eels, starfish, Amazon piranhas, and color-happy coral gardens. A long glass tunnel provides visitors with the kind of salt-water views normally only enjoyed by bottom feeders. Be sure to visit the feeding tank that allows visitors to hand-feed turtles and baby sharks.

Xiamen

by yurxlnc

"Under construction"

Xiamen is a very clean city. It faces Taiwan and some small islands, including Jingmen Island which is under the control of Taiwan..
It has many attractions for the tourist. Xiamen and its surrounding countryside provides spectacular scenery and pleasant tree-lined beaches. Xiamen's Botanical Garden is well worth a visit, as is Nanputuo Buddhist Temple, dating back to the Tang Dynasty.

Comments