Millennium Harbourview Hotel Xiamen

12-8 Zhen Hai Road, (formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel Harbour View), Xiamen, Fujian, 361001, China

Agoda.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Very Good

I have stayed at the Millennium Hotel on three occasions now, and have found the service to be of a good standard, a good selection of restaurants, the rooms are quite comfortable, there are two bars there one is called the golf bar which i found very odd it has a waterfall and is very noisy, the other is a quaint little bar they call the Hollywood bar which I found to be quite cosy, there was a very efficient girl (Sonia) there who spoke good English and gave good service, and was very helpful when asked about Xiamen unfortunately although the other staff there try very hard the language barrier can be difficult. The hotel is extremely well located for those who like to shop, and is only a 10 minute cab ride to the local night life area.

Unique Quality: Good gym facilaties, nice pool, Good service

More about Xiamen

Jin sha bayJin sha bay

scallopsscallops

Gulangyu islandGulangyu island

fireworks 3fireworks 3

How to book train ticket from Xiamen to Wuyishan

by gfishball

I am writing from Singapore.
I plan to travel to Xiamen on 7 Nov 07, and would like to take a train to Wuyishan on evening of 8 Nov 07.

Could all the experience traveller advise how can I book train ticket in advance and get it delivered to my hotel on 7 Nov 07?

Alternatively, can anybody advise how and where can I book 2 days tour package to wuyishan (include to and fro train ticket)? I would like to get this package booked before I left for Xiamen.
Thanks in advance for all useful advise.

by myebaby

Hi fishball, I suppose no one can answer this question.

by ellyse

And that was a remarkably unhelpful answer.
For the train tickets, if you're joining a tour group that starts in Xiamen, most of them will also take care of the train tickets for you.
Otherwise, your best recourse would be to get your Xiamen hotel/hostel to help you out with them.

by gfishball

myebaby, that was a remarkably unhelpful answer.

ellyse,
Thanks for your reply. I sent email to the hotel we have booked to seek their help, unfortunately, no reply.
So I try my luck to see if anybody has experience in this.

by ellyse

Email addresses for the majority of Chinese hotels seem to be no more than white elephants. No one ever checks them.
I would suggest that you make a phone call to them. Or try to find a friendly hostel who'll help. There's an IYH in Xiamen (near Nanputuo Temple and Xiamen University) and another IYH on Gulangyu.

Travel Tips for Xiamen

I want a photograph quick

by SLLiew

This was my first trip and second destination in China and I quickly observed that the local Chinese like Malaysians must have a photograph taken at every famous scenic spot and famous destination.

So do be patient and give way for photographs to be taken. At some places, it can be a long queue and some will try to quicky rush to the spot or scream at their family members to get there next. In the spirit of travelling, it should be tolerated and so instead you may want to just take the photo of others being photographed.

Should you ask a stranger to take a photo for you? No, unless it is someone you know. As you may have heard, cameras have been stolen that way.

Jimei University

by SLLiew

This is a popular tour destination especially for overseas Chinese visitors. This famous university was built from funds from poor Fujianese who went to seek their fortune abroad and those who turned from rags to riches, sent money back to help build this university.

It is located about 17 km from Xiamen downtown and by the sea. So the surrounding scenery is pleasant for a photo or two.

Opening time: 8:30am to 4:50pm. It was closed when we got there and already quite dark.

Dear Xiamen .....

by jjmagical

"Xiamen, Dear"

It has been a long time ago.......leaving a good memory behind of the place. When I came to know that I was assigned to China for work, it was like wow...could it be Shanghai or Beijing?? But no, it's Xiamen...knowing nothing about Xiamen at that time, I readily agreed and the journey began as I discovered the unknown to my surprise. And it turned out to be a good experience for me as till now I still talked about it whenever I have the chance. Xiamen in a nutshell has a feature of a partially modern and its not so modern kind of city. For instance, one can see certain part of the city which has high rise building bearing international names whereas on the other hand one notices old urban shops just next to say a modern building and the more remote part, they still have toilets without doors.

"Yummy Food in Xiamen"

Food is fantastic here as we tried variety of food from mee hoon, curry fish, seafood, steamboat, buffets at hotel, dim sum etc. The best food was when we tried the dim sum in Six Happiness Restaurant. There were so many variety of dim sum which different filings that I myself have not eaten in Malaysia. Even the KFC there taste good exactly like in Malaysia...

"Shopping Heaven"

Not forgetting, shopping was great too, as we bargain the prices in the day market. The best street to go shopping would be 'chong san lou' as we can get lots of dried seafood (such as oyster, sotong, abalon etc), crstal, shirts, dress, blankets etc.

Comments