Xiamen Airlines Jinyan

Booking.com Agoda.com Ctrip.com

More about Xiamen

Hotel poolHotel pool

Zhongsan LuZhongsan Lu

Mahavira Hall (Da xiong bao dian)Mahavira Hall (Da xiong bao dian)

lobbylobby

From Xiamen To Shantau

by steven4

I am planning to go Shantau in June, the original plan was taking flight to Hong Kong then proceed to Shantau by Bus. However, a friend of mine suggested to go Shantau Via xiamen which will be a shorter route. Thus, I plan to fly to xiamne , stay there for two days before going Shantau. CAn anyone advice would this be good way to go, and also can i get the bus service to Shantou from Xiamen City. please suggest me best hotel to stay, which is near to the station where the bus leaving for Shantau. Thanks!

Shantou transportation

by Confucius

The distance from Hong Kong to Shantou and Xiamen to Shantou is exactly the same: a five hour bus ride.
I would suggest staying in Hong Kong and then taking the bus to Shantou from there or from Shenzhen.

RE: RE: From Xiamen To Shantau

by Happyface0695

I went to the airline office and could not get i day i wanted to trvel to Xiamen. But there are still quite alot of seats available to Hong KOng. How about direct buses from Hong Kong to Chaozhow. At which bus terminal in Hong Kong ? and its frequencies.
Thanks

Travel Tips for Xiamen

Peanut soup and local snacks

by jackiesg about Huang Zhe He eatery

Huang Zhe He eatery, is famous for it's peanut soup.

Always so crowded everyday, Huang Zhe He serves a good variety of local snacks, all kinds of buns, kuays, dumplings, noodles and of course, the peanut soup.

I've tried their peanut soup and deep fried spring roll but it was not as delicious as I've heard about them. The peanut soup was too sweet for me but I guess it's very individual about this. I love the variety served in this eatery but I was too full that day to try them.

Huli Fort

by cheekychic

Huli Hill Fort has always been considered the door to Xiamen. Huli Hill Fort is virtually impregnable, thanks to its construction built of sand, clay, camphor tree juice, lime, and glutinous rice. The fort boasts the World of Exotic Stones and an exhibition of ancient weapons, including a 60 ton German Krupp. Built in 1896, this is the last of China's over 100 coastal cannons, and the longest in the world. With a range of 16,640 meters, it could easily lay into Taiwan - occupied Jinmen island, a mere two miles offshore.

2nd Day

by cheekychic

"GuLangYu Island"

Despite getting only 5 hours of shuteye, Anna & I still managed to wake up for breakfast with my cousins before proceeding to the beautiful GuLangYu Island. Due to my grandpa's age, we decided to hire a electric vehicle to take us around the island.

A signboard next to the statue of Zheng Chenggong on Gulangyu Island.. Me and Anna were giggling away about the wordings on the signboard, but my cousins & other locals were looking at us weirdly.. take a look the words properly..

"Nanputuo Temple"

Next destination - Nanputuo Temple & Xiamen University.

Beside the huge lily pond outside the temple, the locals were gathered to drink tea - local Xiamen's favourite past time. Interesting to note that the locals would whip out their tiny chairs & tables & their tea set on any sidewalk and drink their tea.. Even local policemen do that..

"Jimei Sightseeing"

After lunch, we proceed to Jimei, across the causeway from Xiamen. The buildings along the Dragon-boat Lake are especially charming with the wall half-hidden in the green trees and the roofs glittering under the sun, all of which are reflected in the lake presenting a fantastic view. At the Aoyuan (Turtle Park), we marvel at the exquisite carvings depicting historical scenes, personage stories from ancient to modern China.

After a tiring day of walking, Anna treat us to have our feet massaged. It was definitely a good 1 hour relaxation, because my grandpa fell asleep..
We had a sumptious dinner at a Beijing cuisine restaurant, delighted to see the waiters dressed in Mao customes. We then went shopping at ZhongSan Road in downtown Xiamen.

Comments