Sapphire Hotel

Sapphire Hotel
Expedia.com Agoda.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

More about Lanzhou

Lanzhou from the railway bridge to the eastLanzhou from the railway bridge to the east

Travel Tips for Lanzhou

Lanzhou Hand Pulled Noodles

by mke1963

Noodles is a staple food in much of northern China, no more so than in the wheat-growing region of which Gansu is a part. In the Lanzhou area, Lanzhou Hand Pulled Noodles are a specialty, where the noodles are prepared in front of the diner. Lunch at one of the special Lanzhou Noodle restaurants is a lengthy affair, as there is a set routine involving three different types of noodles, including noodles which have a triangular cross section. The noodles are prepared elegantly in front of you, for an extra fee, and a waitress will provide a running commentary
The noodles are then cooked and served in a clear broth which is heavily flavoured with spices and vegetables. For some reason, some of the noodle dishes are considered as a soup and others as a true noodle dish, although there seems to be no difference visually. So my friends and colleagues are happy to focus on the noodles of one dish, leaving the broth behind if necessary, while finishing the last drop of water from another, seemingly identical, bowl.

zys1's new Lanzhou Page

by zys1

Eight years ago, when I studed in the university, I took a big trip in west China, I spent 42 days to travel as the following route: Beijing-Urumuqi-Aksu-Karshi-Barchu-Lanzhou-Dunhuang-Xining-Qinghai Lake-Tibet-Qingzahang Plateau. I seleted some places where few pepole have visited as my travel places.I stayed at Dunhuang Desert for one night, it is a special feeling for me, I won't never forget this trip. I took about 1,000 pictures during this trip,after I went back university, I took a photographic exhibition in my university and printed a leaf of my photo works. This is an important experience in my life.

Comments