Value Score Great Value!
Good For Business
More about Dongguan
Ideas for Guangdong province
I finish my exams here in Shanghai on 4th Jan (might not be travelling directly after though), will be travelling with a fellow Jap classmate down to Guangzhou by 10th Jan to meet a Guangzhou friend who finishes her exams there on that day, then leaving around 14th Jan. I've already been to Guangzhou and Shenzhen, but not to the rest of Guangdong province. My Guangzhou friend wants to go to Zhongshan for at least 1 of the days when we're based in Guangzhou. So far other destinations that look appealing are: Shaoguan, Zhaoqing, Dongguan (Humen) and probably Foshan, if we've time. Any comments on the following will be appreciated... thanks all!
K47 train to Shaoguan arriving at 1507
- go directly to Danxia Mountain
- watch sunset, stay overnight on the mountain, have a lookie at the rest of the park for the next day
* Can we make it to the next destination by the evening? Or do we need to stay an extra night in Shaoguan and leave the 3rd morning?
* Any accommodation recommendations?
Train to Guangzhou (East) train station
- run an errand
* Dongguan-Foshan-Zhaoqing-Guangzhou or Zhaoqing-Foshan-Dongguan-Guangzhou? Which one is more preferable, or is there no difference?
Train to Zhaoqing
- visit 7 Star Crags till around 1600-1700
- make our way to Dinghu Mountain (since entrance after 1830 is free), stay overnight on the mountain, stroll around for the next day, then train to next destination
* Any accommodation recommendations?
Train to Foshan
- visit Zu Miao
* I'm not very keen on making a stop in Foshan just for the temple, unless someone can persuade me that it's really of much interest ie different from all the various other temples in China?
* Do I need more than 1 day to visit Zu Miao and perhaps the ceramic workshops? Not particularly keen to have to stay overnight here, doesn't look very interesting.
Train to Dongguan
- visit Opium War Museum
* Are Naval Warfare Museum and Weiyuan fort worth visiting too?
Train to Guangzhou
- visit Xiangjiang Wildlife Park (1 day), day-time visit to Shamian Island and Qingping market (half day), visit baby products market (half day), visit a teacher (1 day), trip to Zhongshan (1 day). I've been to most of the other sights in Guangzhou already, so please don't tell me to visit them again. :P
* Any of these other attractions worth visiting, given limited time? Conghua Hot Springs, Yingxi Forest of Peaks, Huangchuan Gorges, Youling and Sanpai Yao minority villages and something which I guess should be Grand View of World (???).
* Anyone knows anything about a certain Xiguan Folk Customs Museum, at Longjin Xilu, 84 Fengyuan Jie?
Flight back to Hangzhou from Guangzhou, CAAC bus transfer to Hangzhou train station, train back to Shanghai
Re: Ideas for Guangdong province
my wife and I lived in Humen (Dongguan) for a year. We lived 5 minute walk away from the Naval Warfare Museum and Weiyuan Fort. If you happen to be in the area then you should visit...but I would NOT make a special trip for it. We could see the entrance to the Warfare Musuem from our apartment balcony and on any given day there might be 3 people go in to see it.
Popular Hotels in Dongguan
Song Shan Lake Central District, Science and Technology Industrial Park, Qinyuan Road, Dongguan
S256 Provincial Hwy Houjie Twn Guangdong Province
No. 1 East Houjie Avenue,Houjie Town,Dongguan
No.48 Guantai Road, Dongguan
Explore the World
- Holiday Inn Express
- Park Hotel
- Inn on the Cliff
- Cleopatra Palace Hotel
- Airport Plaza Cleveland
- Nur Beach Hotel
- Studio 6 Jacksonville - Baymeadows
- Palm Meadows Club
- Comfort Inn Alpers Lodge Auckland
- Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel
- Dive Link Resort
- Holiday Inn Express Boston
- Dalton Hotel And Suites
- The Gaylord