Daysun Park Hotel

No.277 Zhongshan Avenue West, Tianhe District, Guangzhou, Guangdong, 510665, China
Daysun Park Hotel

soccer stadiumsoccer stadium

ThirstyThirsty

Air Ticket to Beijing

by walterwu

I've been told (by travel agencies) in my home country that it is more economical to book air ticket for China domestic travel within China itself.

How easy is it to book tickets in Guangzhou for same day flight to/from Beijing?

Would it be wise to turn up at the Airport and try to buy a ticket from the Airport counters itself?

I've tried to look up Baiyun Airport flight schedule to Beijing but the information is not available on their website.

RE: Air Ticket to Beijing

by ellyse

There're many flights from Guangzhou to Beijing. A good ticket agent in Guangzhou to contact would be Jacky (jacky@lotusholiday.com), he usually delivers to wherever you want, so I think he should be able to deliver to the airport too.

Travel Tips for Guangzhou

Big and messy but so much to do

by aoiaraumi

Even though Guangzhou is a huge dirty metropolis, if you look hard enough, you can find some wonderful authentic Chinese culture that might make your new black-lungs worth it. Taking the boats along the Pearl River at night.

To Guangzhou From Macau/Zuhai/Shenzhen

by cal6060

From Macau/Zuhai: After you leave the border gate from Macau, you are in Zuhai. 10 minutes walk to the Gongbei long-distant bus station, you will be able to buy the bus ticket to Guangzhou. Fare is between RMB65-RMB75. Make sure you buy the ticket at the counter, not with any stranger. It takes about 2 1/2 hours to get to Guangzhou.

From Shenzhen: The best way to get there is by the fast train. It takes about 1 hour to get to Guangzhou East Station. It costs around RMB85.

Yi Qi Ceramic Showroom - Excellent Porcelain

by Mikebb

The porcelain on display was high quality, an amazing range to choose from and on reflection we should have purchased some. However I was not in the mood to purchase, being disappointed to 4 minutes to see the four Terra Cotta Warriors on display.

The Monthly Hakka Hill Song & Dance at Yuexiu Park

by Confucius

"The Hakka Hillbilly Song Fest at Yuexiu Park"

Hakka hill songs include many love ballads in which a man and woman take turns complimenting each other. Often there is a humorous touch added.

Man: "My darling, they should change the first character of Meizhou to "beautiful" in tribute to your beauty."

Woman: "Darling, they should change the first character of Guangzhou to "bald" in honor of your head.

""Hakka Khan, I Feel For You""

Hakka Khan, let me rock you
Let me rock you, Hakka Khan
Let me rock you,
that's all I wanna do
Hakka Khan, let me rock you
Let me rock you, Hakka Khan
Let me rock you, 'cause I feel for you
Hakka Khan, won't you tell me what you wanna do
Do you feel for me the way I feel for you
Hakka Khan, let me tell you what I wanna do
I wanna love you, wanna hug you, wanna squeeze you too
Let me take you in my arms
Let me fill you with my charms, Hakka......"

"Similar photo (I can do that, this isn't a VT tip)"

Hakka woman: "I'm a little bit country"

Hakka man: "I'm a little bit wok and roll"

"LOOK! Our hats have holes in the middle!"

A trio of Hakka dancers pose for pictures prior to their performance. The veiled hat with a hole in the center is the identifying costume of the Hakka women. It is traditionally worn at work in the fields but you can see Hakka women in Hong Kong wearing the same headgear while shopping at the markets.

"Moved by the Hakka rhythms, Uncle Bo gets jiggy"

There goes Uncle Bo again, always getting up and dancing when the hat dancers take the stage.
Some folks come to watch the authentic Hakka performers, while others simply want to see Uncle Bo steal the show.

"Uncle Bo is a big fan of Hakka hill songs!"

He's still dancing! Uncle Bo loves a free show. To demonstrate his gratitude for the monthly performance, he provides a free show in return for all who have gathered to soak in Hakka culture.

Don't you feel like dancing when you watch Uncle Bo doing his version of the Hakka Hula?

Comments