Guang Dong Hotel Guangzhou

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 45% less and rated 12% higher than other 4 star hotels

More about Guangzhou

Pearl RiverPearl River

This is a muzeum I went to!This is a muzeum I went to!

guangzhou's 5 rams infoguangzhou's 5 rams info

Location of City Inn Hotel

by FridgeMagnet

Hi, I am thinking of staying in the City Inn Sanyuanli. Address 1181 Middle Sanyuanli Avenue.

Does anyone know this hotel. Or just know Sanyuanli Avenue? Is the subway station nearby?

Thanks,
John

Re: Location of City Inn Hotel

by johnmperry

Sanyuanli metro station is at one end. It could be quite a hike, but you will find taxis outside exit B at least. Or outside D2 (Lotus shopping centre).

I don't know exactly where the hotel is, but there are lots in that area, because it used to be Guangzhou airport (moved in 2004).

Google maps shows the road (in Chinese)

If this map is to scale (which I don't think it is), then Guangzhou railway station is a whole lot nearer, and that is a long way.

sanyuanli avenue is the N-S road on the left. The central N-S road is Jichang Lu (airport road)(old airport). The right-hand N-S road is Baiyun Avenue South. That's as far as my Chinese can take you.
Guangyuanlu, E-W just N of the station, is elevated.
then

Re: Location of City Inn Hotel

by FridgeMagnet

I am very tempted to stay there because Asiahotels is offering it at a good price. Only 29 dollars a night. And I think one of my nights is Trade Fair time and they are not even charging extra. Even if it's a little out of the way and I have to get taxi's I think it might be worth it. Financially at any rate!

Travel Tips for Guangzhou

Rice please, please, please...

by jackiesg

If you are someone who likes to have rice to go with the chinese dishes you ordered, you need to remind the waiters/ waitresses to serve you the rice when your first dish was being served. My experiences and also of many of my friends were that: they tend to serve the rice only when ALL the dishes you ordered are served. So, if you are one who needs to have rice to go with your food, remember to ask again and again for the rice. Usually it takes me 2 to 3 reminders before the waiters come with my rice.

Think because the locals here deemed rice as the "main course" where they consumed only after they had taken all the dishes. Rice is just to fill up the stomach and not so much to go with the dishes. Like attending a typical chinese wedding, rice or noodles are usually the last 2nd dish, just before dessert.

Give it a miss

by TonyHorne about Crazy Food Western Restaurant

This is a note of caution to anyone thinking of eating at this restaurant situated in the Guangwu hotel and aparently part of a Hong Kong chain of restaurants. Eating there recently, I ordered one of my favourate dishes, braised oxtail. When the dish arrived Inoticed that something was wrong with the meat.The segments were white in colour,meatless and thinner than than if they from my dogs tail.What they had offered me was in fact pigs tail. I do not eat pork and on informing them of this fact they assured me that it was not pork but indeed oxtail. They were not interested in the fact that the segmints of meat were the wrong size and colour for beef and informed me that whether I ate it or not I would still have to pay for it as I had ordered it. I paid my bill and left, without touching the food.
Conclusion, only go there if you like " lucky dip" when selecting from a menu. The beer.

Park corner

by xingfa

Respectfully, I introduce this corner to you. Here is a romantic small park corner nearby the lake (Don't miss it: a lot of different kinds of fish in the lake, including goldfish! ;-)). The students are always reading here, romancing here, and relaxing here... I must emphasize, the students study very hard here... ^_^ And fortunately, I live nearby this corner, hehe...

Comments