Heng Dong Hotel

No.1 Heguang Road, Zhongshan Avenue, Tianhe District, Guangzhou, Guangdong, 510665, China
Heng Dong Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Guangzhou

That's me and a panda lying on one side.That's me and a panda lying on one side.

First Official Team Photo for the IRBFirst Official Team Photo for the IRB

Hall of Liuzu, Temple Six Banyan Trees, GuangzhouHall of Liuzu, Temple Six Banyan Trees, Guangzhou

Booking train ticket to Xian

by shaofei

I will be arriving at Guangzhou in early May. I would like to take a train to Xian a day after that. Is there any website (eng/chi) where I can book my hard sleeper ticket in advance? If I'm not wrong, it is difficult to buy a hard sleeper ticket at such a short notice when I arrive in Guangzhou.

by ellyse

I'm not optimistic at all about buying with only 1 day's notice in early May.
Try contacting Jacky in Guangzhou to see if he can help: jacky@lotusholiday.com

by gypsyqueen

Try these websites, http://www.chinahighlights.com/china-trains/

I found the information very user friendly and planning with great with dates, times, prices, etc.

by shaofei

Thanks, ellyse. Is Jacky a travel agent?

by ellyse

Yes, he is, and he's a very nice person too!

by shaofei

Thanks, ellyse. I will contact him once I have gotten my visa. By the way, are there any power sockets in hard sleeper train cabins?

by ellyse

Mostly, no. I really don't remember seeing any, really.

Travel Tips for Guangzhou

Dancing ladies

by simcard

People in Guangzhou consider dancing as exercise to stay healthy. That day while I was walking on the Shamian Island, I saw some middle-aged ladies dancing around happily to a few kinds of music - pop, funky, classic... Oh well, I was impressed!

Japanese food, my favourite!

by jackiesg about Roku Roku

Ohh, one good thing about staying in GZ is that you got to try out many good food, at a much cheaper price!

A quite authentic japanese restaurant, with classy interior settings, patronaged by many many japanese, is Roku Roku.

The japanese food they served can be considered one of the more authentic ones in GZ. Dinner fare would be expensive but they offered lunch set meals that are, I say, very value for money. Their set lunch are at price between $50 to around $90RMB and their servings are big.

Heard that their sashimi are very good too. If you order Ala Carte, it will be more expansive but you'll be sure that the food and fresh and good.

Service, very attentive and polite. You will enjoy dining there.

Oh yes, please call to reserve tables if you're thinking of trying this restaurant. It's always full. For set lunches, try their beef series, they are so good! Yes, their salmon sets and tempura sets are very good too!

Guangzhou

by klj&a

"Guangzhou"

The thing that struck me about Guangzhou is how much growth is going on there. I'm sure this is probably true for most cities in China. The number of cranes that are erected to build huge skycrapers can be seen everywhere you look. I imagine this is what cities in the U.S. looked like in their infancy. The other things that struck me is the just sheer number of people. It definitely keeps the city and streets alive. The restaurants in the area are huge. I wouldn't doubt that many of these restaurants can service 500 people. I also noticed that the buses had flat screen monitors in the buses in the front and back. Not sure if this was purely for advertisements or entertainment.

"Side streets"

Off the main streets I found these narrow pedestrian only streets that were in between apartments. The streets were filled with small vendors(produce, seafood, tea, barbers, flower shops, herb shops, small restaurants. Of course these shops are frequented mainly by locals in the neighborhood, but it was refeshing to see instead of huge mega stores like Best Buy, Costco, Home Depot, etc like we see in the states.

Comments