Jinjiang Inn (Guangzhou Zhongshan Memory Hall)

No.777 Jiefang North Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou, Guangdong, 510288, China
Jinjiang Inn (Guangzhou Zhongshan Memory Hall)
Agoda.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Rated 11% higher but also costs 56% more than other 2 star hotels

More about Guangzhou

Train from Hong Kong to GuangzhouTrain from Hong Kong to Guangzhou

Hai Zhu BridgeHai Zhu Bridge

Guantanamera at Xiqiao ShanGuantanamera at Xiqiao Shan

Dragon kites, snake alcohol

Hi.

I'll be in Guangzhou in a couple of weeks and already my friends gave me a list of things to buy :-) I 've lived in Shanghai before but never been to Guangzhou so I have no idea where to go for some traditional things such as tea pots, dragon kites and I once bought bottle of some kind of liquer that had snakes in it that - it was a huge success back home...So if you know where to find these things, please let me know.

Xie xie

by ellyse

Yuyuan Bazaar, most probably.

by manon22

Is there Yuyuan Bazaar in Guangzhou too? I thought it was only in Shanghai...Can't find it in Guangzhou, where is it?

Thanks.

by ellyse

Oh silly me! Sorry, wasn't thinking properly. You might want to try Qingping market to see if you can find anything suitable there.

by manon22

Thanks Ellyse, I 'll definitely check it out.

by bondy999

I have lived in GZ for 4 years. I can't get my head around the chinese names. My wife and I have our own names for places. I think you would enjoy the *** market, it's a magpies delight. It's right next to the Peoples Park which is near the river. Jade street (jade,beads, crystles) is off the "Up and Down Nine road". If you want more details Email me.

by bondy999

Ha, I got censored.

Travel Tips for Guangzhou

Beijing Lu

by jlee008

Beijing Lu is THE road for the shoppers. There are many other shopping sections that are more local, but this is the one for the tourists. However, I must say that it is colorful and filled with lots and lots of young people. You will see young urban professionals on this street wandering around the shops. They have the larger name brand shops here. There is also a really great book store if you can find anything that interests you. Clothing is widespread in this area. Lots and lots of it. Of course, the exchange rates are really great from most all Western countries, you can get tons and tons of stuff for less that you would find it back home!

Only thing is that remember the sizing is different in China. Most of the people there are rather small and the sizes that they sell in the stores reflect it. So, best to try it on first unless you are really familiar with the sizing. Vary

Foot and Body Massage, shiok!

by jackiesg

If you haven't heard of the popularity of foot massage and body massage in GZ, then you must have not been doing enough research on GZ. It's a place for cheap and good massages!

In GZ, they have massage places nearly everywhere. Private managed massage places, hotel massage places, cheap and more expensive ones, all at your service. In the city area, you can find a traditional foot or whole body massage at rates ard $45 +/- RMB. But these places are usually not really well furnished, usually dim and maybe a bit sleazy. But the overall experience will still be worthwhile considering the price and the duration (usually 70 mins). Hotels ones may cost around RMB60. There are also more expensive ones costing around RMB 100 plus. But these places are usually more posh and luxurious, a totally different massage experience!

Keeweechic's Guangzhou

by keeweechic

Guangzhou - located north of Pearl River Delta and formerly known as Canton, Guangzhou is the capital of Guangdong Province and the southern gateway to China. Known as the 'City of Flowers' and with a nickname of The Goat City, it is one of the largest cities in South China. Guangzhou was founded around 214 B.C. as an encampment by the armies of the first Emperor of Qin Dynasty, Qin Shihuang. By the Tang Dynasty (618-907), the city was already an international port. The modernisation of Guangzhou began in the early 1920s when most of the main streets defining the city today were built then. It took only 18 months to build 40 kilometres (25 mi.) of road. During that modernisation period, the remainder of the old city wall was pulled down. Today, throughout the city, high-rise hotels, bridges, and new highways now just seem to appear overnight.

I visited the Guangdong Province on a short trip from Hong Kong. It was very rushed and quite a bit was crammed in a very short time but I am sure there is a lot more to see in the region. I went by hydrofoil to Shekou then by coach through Shenzen stopping in Dongguan. Later we went on to Guangzhou. At the end of the trip We travelled back to Hong Kong by Train.

In my travelogue I have put an early visit, and indeed my first visit to China, into Zhongshan which is part of the Guangdong Province on the lower tip of the Pearl River Delta. I was on a tour from Hong Kong to Macau and we crossed the Gongbei border into Zhongshan. The trip was not so memorable as I remember having a dreadful headache that day. Even lunch at one of the large hotels passed me by. Still I have a few photos that I managed to take.

Photos which are taken by myself and all headings are copyright and digitally marked. Please do not use them without permission. Thanks.