Lido Hotel

Agoda.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 31% less but rated 16% lower than other 3 star hotels

• Lido Hotel - Executive room

Stayed there for one week. When checking in, they said they had two types for rooms -- standard and executive. I asked permission to see both.. I checked out the standard first, which looks like a really bad run down red roof inn, plus the floor he let me see (8)
    had a stinky ordor in the hallway... the room was ok and livable but thats if you had no other choice i guess. I then checked out the executive room. needless to see it was much more impressive than the room i had just seen.. and obviously it was the one I chose. It was much more expensive than the standard at $54, I didnt mind paying for my comfort. The room came with fresh fruit - 2 apples and 2 bananas which i gobbled down. A small fridge, a 50" flat screen but only one darn english channel, and a really nice bathroom, also they gave you vouchers for breakfast buffet in the mornings... but i should warn you, its not a western buffet.. all i ate was bread and eggs and some really horrible powdered orange flavored Juice.

The plus side to staying at this hotel, obviously is the location. You can walk outside of this hotel, onto the pedestrian shopping district with atleast 150 shops that don't close until 11 pm, and a 4 story mall nearby and department stores. There is also a 24 hr Mcdonalds right on the side of this hotel, a pizza hut, KFC, 2 pastry shops, 2 icecream parlors,plus veitanmese, thai, and arabic resturants nearby.
    there is another hotel on/off bejieng, behind one dirty lil corner, but judging from the outside I wouldnt dare enter to ask for a look.
    If you walk opposite direction of the pedestrian area, you will run into the pearl river. where they have night crusies and I see alot of people talking pictures on the sidewalk.

Also you will do well to avoid the men with watch booklets telling you to follow them into some shops within a plaza. ... to much hassle and haggling until you just give to buy, trust me I know. I've bought 3 purses -gucci, prada, and DG and I think i paid too much ($75 for all)

Unique Quality: great view of the pearl river. Great view of the pedestrian shopping district - beijing rd.

Distrusting staff, at 5 am in the morning, when checking out to go the airport. I had to wait while they checked my room to make sure I didnt take any towels, or ac/dv converter for my laptop or drank any of the coffee, bottle water or soda in the mini fridge.
    (Im of african decent so it made me wonder if it was the color of my skin or was it just company policy to do this for each and every check-out.)

Comments