Longzhou Hotel

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Guangzhou

Tomb of Islamic Sage Abu WaqqasTomb of Islamic Sage Abu Waqqas

Hakka dancers pose for pix prior to performanceHakka dancers pose for pix prior to performance

A friendly argument over a checkers gameA friendly argument over a checkers game

Wedding Dress Street in Guangzhou

by o0i0o

I was told there is a "Wedding Dress Street" in Guangzhou. Does anyone know where this shopping district is?

I'm a looking for a wedding dress, evening gown and Qi Pao. If anyone has any store recommendations, please let me know. And if there are any stores I should avoid, please also let me know.

Everyone says to bargain to at least 30% off. I'm really bad at this. Can you offer me tips? What should I say? I don't know how to speak Mandarin. I'm fluent in English and Cantonese though.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations on a hotel close to the "Wedding Dress Street"? I'm looking for a clean and safe hotel. My budget is no more than $700 rmb. I'm going to Guangzhou right before the Canton Fair begins. Will that affect the hotel rates?

by francischris

Cantonese is widely spoken inn Guangdong sheng.Depending on the place i would half the price as my first offer.Hotels will increse their prices during the Fair period.Check asiaroomsm website.I would recoomend Hol.Inn ,Sifu.This is near the old district n good for shopping .Check my travel page for pics on this hotel.

by biandanyingzi

I dont recommend you go to "wedding dress street", since the style there is old. Actually it's fading off, few new couple will choose their wedding dress there, true.
There is a shop called"jinfuren"means Golden Women, the dress of which is both traditional and also unique. It's in Xiaobei Road, very easy to find:) I hope you dont see me as someone hard-selling, I just fancy the dress there:)
I think cantonese is the most prevailing language there, cause Canton means Guangzhou, it's right our local language

For cutting price, that's all depends. People would surely see you as a fool if you even cut price at half in large department store. But it's true you could bargin in some small shops. But I dont think a foreigner would make good bargain here, the sellers just see you through:)

The best bargain way for me is to go, whenever you think the price is not acceptable for you. They will call you back, shouting the cheaper price. The farther you walk, the lower the price it will be. And you can turn around whenever you see a reasonable price:)

Of course, the best way of best ways is finding someone local to company you

by pennylee97

I have the same question, anybody have an answer to?

RE: RE: Wedding Dress Street in Guangzhou

by o0i0o

I just returned from my trip to Guangzhou. I ended up going to the "Wedding Dress Street". I thought the styles were quite nice there. It doesn't seem to be "out dated". Well that's me though. I was seeking simple looking dresses, nothing too funky. I ended up purchasing my wedding, evening and Chinese dress there at great prices. The dresses come in small, medium, large and x-large (I believe). Medium fitted me perfectly. Even if it doesn't fit properly, they will alter it on the spot while you wait free of charge. It's great!

Travel Tips for Guangzhou

Just walk around. Everything...

by LAOWAI

Just walk around. Everything from beggars to salesmen of all sorts, snake venoms and parks can be found. Guangzhou is an interesting mix of East meets West, as corny as it sounds.It's an city in transition. Seeing two of my best students/ friends, Betul and Lina, from ChongQing the good ole ChongQIng days for the first time in over 2 years. You can see them eating a ChongQing dish in the restaraunt section.Here they are buying flowers.

Taxi and Metro

by pkfops

Taxi and the Metro are the best ways to get around town. Cheap Cheap Cheap.

And if you learn the local bus schedules, that's even cheaper. The ferrys are a great way to travel up and down or even accross the river too.

Dr. Sun Yatsen Memorial Hall

by keeweechic

The Memorial is quite famous as being a structure built during the Chinese revolution in 1931. It was designed by renowned architect Lu Yanzhi, who also designed the Sun Yat-sen Mausoleum in Nanjing. There are some 4,700 seats in the auditorium but it was designed with no beam and thereforeno echos.

The interior is decorated with paintings and patterns of strong national features.

Outside the main entrance stands the statue of Dr. Sun Yat-sen. The memorial hall is built in memory of Sun Yat-sen who was the pioneer of China's bourgeois democratic revolution.

Open time: 8:00am - 5:00pm

Entry One

by Angel_Dust

"Train"

This is Nick, Keith and I training to Guangzhou from Shenzhun. Took about 1.5 hours.

"Shamian"

This is near the hostel where we stayed at. Shamian is a little area in Guangzhou. Outside the main city.

"Restaurant"

We ate at a seafood restaurant. Had great food and we all had fun taking the bus to it. It is really cheap to eat in Guangzhou. There's a little cafe/restaurant across from our hostel...and they had great food and it was really cheap...ate there every day at our usual table!

Comments