New World Hotel

Expedia.com Travelocity Ctrip.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Guangzhou

Chen Clan AcademyChen Clan Academy

Outside the Muzemun!Outside the Muzemun!

stores lined up at the parking areastores lined up at the parking area

Questions on Guangzhou

by urbanmale_tods

Hi its me again, hope to gain your advise before my trip in 2 weeks time

1. I bought an one-way Air Asia ticket from KL to GZ, and my return flight will be from HK to KL. Will it be a problem for the airline side or Chinese customs side as I do not have a departure flight out of China GZ? I am a Singaporean and do not need VISA - but afraid they ask me abt my point of departure- or its alright?

2. My itinery would be GZ-Macau-Shenzhen-HK for 10 days. Will stay in Hotel Canton, spend 3 days in GZ visiting Liuhua Garment Centre, Beijing Lu, Shang Xia Jiu Lu and Haizhu Square, any idea if any other sites not to be missed. We are into food & shopping. We will then catch a bus to Macau from Hotel Landmark Canton Hotel down the road. Is it convenient or any other better options? Any way we can buy advance tickets?

3. We will be buying china brand handphone, those can watch TV etc for personal use. ANy idea where can we get them? GZ or Shenzhen or Sham Shui Po (HK) is cheaper?

Sorry to bombed so many questions at once. Hope u can help. Thanks alot! :)

by myloveant

1,I haven't any experience about one question, but I think no problem.
2,I advice change your itinerary GZ-Shenzhen-Macau-HK.I can take the bus or the express train to ShenZhen , Just one hours. There are so many bus and train from GZ to Shenzhen abot every half hour,so you don't need buy advance ticket. From Shenzhen to Macau ,you can take the ferry from Shekou Ferry Dock http://www.szgky.com/. It take you one and half hour from ShenZhen to Macau, I is very convenient.
3.If you will be buying china brand handphone ,Shenshen is the cheapest. Shenshen is the most large handphone market and producing area. If you come to Shenzhen ,Maybe I can help you ,If I am free. If you need I can give you my contact number. I am glad to know new friend. I work in shenzhen.

by chinamonty

You need to be careful buying the phone. Make sure it is compatable with your home system as China has some different standards and I think G3 is one of them. You should be able to get what you want but know the specific standard you want.

by ellyse

1) Should be fine.

Travel Tips for Guangzhou

guangzhou apartment for rent

by nanyueju

GUANGZHOU APARTMENTS FOR RENT
For Business trips, Canton Fair and Tour

Guangzhou short-term rental apartments are offered!!! Apartments with 1-4 bedrooms are provided as your favor. All apartments are well-equipped, with facilities including: kitchen, air conditioner, TV, Internet access, telephone, refrigerator, washing machine, calorifier etc. They are quite suitable for making business trips, especially Canton Fair, tour and holiday to Guangzhou.
We promise that all the apartment photos we show are real scene pictures, guests can browse our website for detailed information of our apartments, or come around to see the apartment. We will lead the guests to see around the apartment, and this service is for free.

1. SECURITY: Security guard on duty, closed-circuit television (CCTV) (24hours Security)

Apartments in Haizhu District:

More information and pictures here:
http://www.guangzhou-apartment.cn/; http://www.nanyueju.com/
E-mail: gzapartment@163.com .
MSN: nanyueju2008@hotmail.com
Telephone: 86-20-85261532
Or 86-013265040575

FAX: 020-87571756

As a practical matter, if you...

by pjallittle

As a practical matter, if you are coming in from other parts of China you will come by air or train. From HK, up the Pearl River in some form of water travel, including hydrofoil.

A very large city. If you don't understand Chinese, you are in tough shape.
There's a full array of modes of transportation. Best to check in with high end hotels who speak English to seek directions.The picture shows you that there are lots of taxis, also the bus system. Good Luck!

PLEASE CONTINUE WITH TRAVELOGUE[CLICK HERE]

Ancestral Temple of the Chen Family

by keeweechic

Around the end of the 19th century, the Chen family from the Guangdong Province at the raised money to fund the building of this grand temple. It was erected as a place of worship to the ancestors. This design is an excellent example of South China architecture.

Comments