United Star Business Hotel

Satisfaction Terrible

Good For No Data

More about Guangzhou

School Teacher & StudentSchool Teacher & Student

Dinner at Milano's (Guangzhou city)Dinner at Milano's (Guangzhou city)

Pearl River at Night from Cruise BoatPearl River at Night from Cruise Boat

Plane, Train and Buses to Guilin.

by Lad_uk

Hi,

I'm looking into either taking the plane, train or bus to Guilin from Guangzhou. Having looked around for times for the train and bus I get differing results. Can anyone give me or point me in the direction where I can get accurate up to date info on train and bus times? I suspect some of the websites I've visited contain outdated times but its hard to know which is up to date and which is not.

Also, I gather that Ctrip and Elong are 2 websites I can use to search for cheap flights. Can anyone vouch for them? Are they reliable and trustworthy?

Thanks

by barefootonbeach

Here are ther trains to GuiLin:
K36/K37, starts at 17:50 from GuangZhou, arrives GuiLin at 06:17. Ther price of a hard sleeper berth is arould 200 RMB. Soft sleeper is much more expensive.

Another one is T38/T39, starts at 19:47, arrives at 06:42 with same price.

The time is very good for travelers. You can save one night fee and won't waste any visit time.

by Stepwalk

I have used Ctrip and they were great - cheap and responsive. I have also seen favourable comments from other VTers who have used them.

by Lad_uk

Thanks for your replies. The train times you've given me, barefootonbeach, are the same from one of the websites I've looked at (www.travelchinaguide.com) so its good that you've confirmed this for me and also with a price (I didn't see this on their website).

With Ctrip, I noticed that they require credit card and passport info to be sent to them for foreign issued credit cards. I've been told www.travelzen.com would be an alternative site to look at.

by chinamonty

I used Mangocity and C-trip. I had my girlfriend book a flight using my credit card and I got a phone call from Mangocity confirming that everything was OK and that I indeed did agree to pay for the flight. As their business revolves around being web-based they do it right.

Travel Tips for Guangzhou

Gilda.

by Guantanamera

So of course, we watched it, even though we had both seen it before, and even though the film was dubbed into Cantonese, the songs that Rita sings in it were still played in English... Somehow we got distracted part way into the film, as I'm sure you know how that can happen... But when we again started watching it, the famous "Amado Mio" song sequence had not yet played and we were able to watch it together... "Amado Mio" lyrics:

Love me forever
And let forever begin tonight

When we're together

Wanting to hold you
And hold you tight

Airport Taxi Service

by walterwu

There are plenty of taxis outside the Arrival Hall of the Baiyun International Airport. The taxi bay is beside the Airport Express Bus Bay. Makes decision to either take Express Bus or taxi easier.

The metered fare should be around 95 RMB to 120 RMB pending which location you are heading to and to which the fares on the website are on the higher end of the estimates. I paid something like 110-120 RMB (including highway toll charges) to Tianhe Area. No extra charges for taxi services after midnight.

Some taxis have a bigger boot area and allows for more luggages. They are visibly distinct and could be spotted fairly easily.

Most drivers are familiar with hotels around Guangzhou and should not have a problem getting you there.

However, there are new drivers too. On my last leg to the Airport, the inexperienced driver wasn't sure how to get there and make an earlier exit on the Airport Expressway. That expressway leads right up to the Airport and terminates there.

Huaishengsi Guangta.

by Guantanamera

Huaishengsi Guangta, called "Remember the Prophet Mosque" in English, is a truly amazing site, among many truly astounding sites all across the old city of Guangzhou. This mosque, built in classical Chinese architectural style, was rebuilt on the site of a former mosque that is said to have been established all the way back in 627 A.D. (roughly around the time of Muhammad himself!) by the first Muslim missionary to China. That fact gives you an idea of the power and influence of the Arab empire at that early stage of development... The present structures are Qing Dynasty (1644-1911), as the original mosque was destroyed by fire in 1343 under unknown circumstances... The minaret of this mosque is one of the well-known symbols of old Guangzhou, alongside the pagoda at the Temple of Six Banyan Trees... When I visited, the mosque was open to the public...

Comments