Yuanyang

Hotelsclick.com Despegar.com Otel.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 15% higher than other 3 star hotels

More about Yuanyang

Find a good hotel to live....

by frances_anna

Find a good hotel to live. Garden Hotel is the most senior hotel here. If you want the cheaper one, you can go to like Baiyun hotel, Yuanyang hotel and a lot. You can find a lot imformation about it at some City sites. You can type 'Guangzhou' in the search engine so you can find a lots. Now it's time to tell you the story about 'Five Goats City'. It's a myth story, actually you can find a lot of story begins with 'Long long ago' as the myth story in China.

Long Long ago, the calamity came to this town(Guangzhou) and people were hard to live. They had few to eat, little water to drink. But one day, there were 5 imortals coming down to the town on five goats each. They gave the people in town the water and food, also get the calamity away, the life there began to be happier and happier. The imortals left 5 goats to protect the town being flourish forever. From then on, the city has been more and more flourish. And this city has been called 'Five Goats City'.

And now you can see the statue of Five Goats on the Yuexiu Hill was made according to this story. Now it has been the symbol of the city.

Do you the city's flower? It's also an important symbol of the city. Kapok, is the city's flower of Guangzhou. The kapok tree is tall and straight. When it blooms, the heat-red colour of the flower makes a good scene, the most special is, it dosen't grow leaves during the bloom. After the flowers finish blooming, the leaves just begin to grow.

Poverty & Street BeggarsPoverty & Street Beggars

me on bikeme on bike

A kind of worm..A kind of worm..

16 Hour Layover in Guangzhou Airport

by cominginhot

Hello,

I will experience Guangzhou International Airport for the first time January of 2007. I have a sixteen hour layover on a connecting international flight. Will I have to leave the international terminal and be forced to spend the night at a hotel? Does the international terminal have any day-room amenities? Will I be allowed to spend the night in the international terminal on the floor? Are there any restaurants/bars in the international terminal and what time do they close? I am not interested in applying for a VISA because the amount of time I am spending in the country is so small.

Thank you so much for your response.

M

RE: 16 Hour Layover in Guangzhou Airport

by ellyse

There's only 1 terminal at Guangzhou airport (http://www.baiyunairport.com/english/index.jsp).

RE: RE: 16 Hour Layover in Guangzhou Airport

by polartraveller

Is the new Baiyun airport just as bad?? I would think it will be much better than the old place consdier that is now the largest airport in China.

But your last statement said it all

"I am not interested in applying for a VISA because the amount of time I am spending in the country is so small",

I have not seen any 24 hour shops in any China airports nor any hotel that is within the airport complex....so look for a comfortable bench!

RE: RE: 16 Hour Layover in Guangzhou Airport

by DanzaoKid

The new Baiyun airport is fairly large and modern, geared for expansion, but it is also pretty empty at night as there are not a high volume of flights. There are a few airline "vip" lounges but I do not know their hours. Getting stuck there for 16 hrs should be pretty bearable if during the day.

If you are interested in a city tour here is a one day one - http://www.chinatravelkey.com/guangzhou/onedaytour.htm

The city nearby Huadu (10 miles) has a small but decent shopping district. But there are also many small rural villages also within 5 to 10 miles radius of the airport.

Travel Tips for Guangzhou

public bus

by mabelyee

getting around is easy and cheap, esp if you know how to read chinese characters. the bus stops (in the city) will have details of the bus routes, the names of the road the bus will stop at. it is only 1yuan for non-ac and 2 yuan for ac buses. same fare for any distance travelled. really cheap and beats walking.

Some history of the city...

by xingfa

Shown here, the site of a city street dating back to the seventh century A.D.!!! Along the very lively Beijing Lu, you can enjoy seeing the excavated historical streets from the different dynasties of China (such as the Ming, the Qing, etc...) all at the same time. They are lying there quietly...

Friends from all over the world

by Cuteclu

"The Girls"

I was lucky enough to come to China with my sister and my two best friends. We had such a great time in 2004 and 2005 that my sister and I stayed, and my best friend found the love of her life. Oh, Fiona, when will come back?? Hee hee. Well, it was a great time and there are many more to come.

"What to do in Guangzhou?"

Really, there's no limit to things you are able to do in Guangzhou. From there's something for everyone. You can play floor hockey, rugby, basket, ice hockey, or any other sport imaginable. You can also watch any type of sport imaginable...even the NHL (for us Canadians who love our hockey. And if you're not into sport, you can shop or drink until you drop....hmm, I've never done that (ha ha). One of our favorite things to do last year was support the Guanghzou Soccer team - although, sometimes our group of friends got more cheers than the team, but we didn't mind.

"Never a dull moment"

As I said, there's a ton of things to do in Guangzhou...and the night life is no exception. There are always people going out dancing and doing crazy things. This halloween, we went to a big party held by That's Guangzhou. It was good fun, but over crowded, as most things are in China. But what other day of the year can you dress up and look silly?

"New Friends"

I didn't think that I would make many new friends living in a foreign country, but I was wrong. I've made great friends and have had such great experiences that there is no way to express them in only a few words or pictures. Let's just say I'm very lucky and leave it at that.

"Sometimes they leave..."

The worst thing about making new friends is that sometimes they leave. While you never know who you will click with, you just treasure the time you have with them and wish them the best of luck. Then there are some people that you know you will be friends with for a long time. Thank goodness I have met friends like that...keep in touch.

"Friendly Canadians"

There's a fun American / Canadian rivalry that happens anywhere people from these two countries congregate. However, we manage to always make it work. As you can see from this sandwhich, Canadian girls seem to love American boys...especially when they're dressed up as motor taxi men.

"New Roomates"

New Years 2006...I have vowed to be more mature....hmmm...maybe not. Anyway, I will be changing things anyway. Changing jobs, changing apartments, and changing roommates. Stephanie and I will be sharing a beautiful apartment in Tian He. It's great. We have a headwash center, a grocery store, a gym, and a pool in our building. No, we're not spoiled....look out Tian He, here we come.

"Sister's make the best Friends"

Growing up, I never would have thought that my sister would turn into one of my best friends...but she is. Dad, Mum, please don't say "I told you so." Just enjoy it.

Comments