Difu

Shenzhen VT MeetingShenzhen VT Meeting

My TigerMy Tiger

shenzhen-flower-azaleashenzhen-flower-azalea

LuWu Crossing to HongKongLuWu Crossing to HongKong

Urgent: Lockers at SZX? (Shenzhen Aiport)

by svenlefers

Hi, travelling from Shenzen to Beijing via Shanghai and back, we would like to leave some of our luggage behind at Shenzen Airport.

Is it possible to store 2 (bigger) suitcases at Shenzhen Airport (SZX) for a longer period > 2 weeks ?

The website of SZX is giving just a little bit of info, but nothing very concrete.

Thanks for any replies or other suggestions!

Ohyeah, we're around in Asia for like 5 months, hence all the suitcases.

Re: Urgent: Lockers at SZX? (Shenzhen Aiport)

by johnmperry

I can't answer definitely. However most airports and railway stations have a left luggage store, but it's not lockers. They will take more or less anything, but it can be pretty pricey. I once stored a bag at Guangzhou airport for three days, and paid 75RMB up front. But when I returned 3 days and 7 minutes later, I had to pay another day for the extra 7 minutes!

So probably expect to be charged 25RMB a day per piece. Probably no time limit, but they'll want to know when you're coming back.

Re: Urgent: Lockers at SZX? (Shenzhen Aiport)

by chinamonty

Not 100% sure but I think they may. I don't remember seeing it but on their website they have a section called luggage package which says the following

Location: Entrance of No.2 door in Departure Hall on the second floor of Terminal A and the entrance of No.6 door in the Departure Hall on the second floor of Terminal B.
10 Yuan per luggage.

I imagine this may be what you want but it might just be a service that repacks your luggage for you that I have seen in other Chinese airports.

Maybe you could send an email to the airport. Their email is on this link

Sorry for vague answer but as I lived in Shenzhen it wasn't a service I needed to look for.

Travel Tips for Shenzhen

Traditional Costumes @ Folk Cultural Village

by SLLiew

Chinese cheongsam and qipao as well as Mao suit are well known enough.

As there are over 50 minorities in China, there are many different ethnic costumes that are displayed and worned by the dancers, performers and cultural ambassodars at each of the cultural village house.

A field day for photography. The good thing is that you do not have to pay to take a photo and everyone enjoy being photographed.

KCR entry points into China

by DanzaoKid

What may be confusing is that the Kowloon Canton Railway Corp. (aka "KCR" train) offers 2 different rail services to China. One is the Intercity train and the other is a Hong Kong Metro train. The 3 routes of the Intercity line goes past the Chinese border into Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou/Foshan. The metro train (East Line) ends in Lo Wu so you can walk across the border into Shenzhen. This means at Lo Wu you will leave Hong Kong (no Visa needed for most tourists) and entering China (Visa needed). It's two border checkpoints.

Knowing this - navigate @ the www.KCRC.com site for some nice maps and fares of these two lines. The kcrc site shows these two lines as distinctly seperated.

There are quite a few major hotels in Shenzhen that are within 6 blocks of the Lo Wu station. As someone else mentioned, they are so close that most cabbies will refuse to take you there unless you demand it of them.

Under construction is a new KCR "Lok Ma Chau" train station a few km west of the Lo Wu station. It's currently a bus and car checkpoint but will soon be another pedestrian friendly KCR entry point into the southern border of Shenzhen, China.

EAST RAIL http://www.kcrc.com/html/eng/services/services/east_rail/station_locations/lowu.asp
MAIN MAP
INTERCITY MAP

Lamb Hot Pot

by THLIN about Xiao Fei Yang Little Sheep

This is one of the most famous chain hot pot restaurants in China. They have branches all over the world from China, Hong Kong, US, Canada, Japan, and Taiwan. This is actually not really Chinese Chinese food, it comes from Inner Mongolia.
When it comes to this type of restaurant, please do NOT try to seek a quite place to eat, the best way should be a boisterous place for this type of food since it is for friends, coworkers, and close family to meet up. In a country full of "similar things", there are many many similar hot pot restaurants around, please try to find a real one and enjoy your authentic food. Since it is called Little Sheep, the place is famous for its lamb cuisine. I love their roasted lamb chop, especially its seasoning very exotic, like Middle East food, comparing to the rest of Chinese dishes. Their hand-made meat balls are delicious too, my favourite is prawn meat balls, very chewy; lamb meat ball is also nice with veggie dice inside. If you ever come here, please order mixed hot pot, half spicy and hot original. Try both or you'll regret.

climb mt. wutong

by zephyrgurl108

challenge your body and spirit and get the most amazing sights of nature as a reward. climb mt. wutong in shenzhen. At a height of 944 meters, wutong mountain is the highest mountain in shenzhen. it has tracks for the leisure hikers and the ones who enjoy a good challenging trail. you can choose to hike for about 6 hours starting from the very beginning or take a bus up a stopping point and just go up the peak from there. from there, it takes about 2 hours. my mistakes were not wearing the proper shoes (tried the rocky river trail, and my rubber shoes didnt have enough traction). also, make sure you wear long pants, bring a hat, enough food and water and be prepared. if you're not in good physical condition better just to take the land trail.

My Second home ShenZhen!!

by mrtrainer

"My Second home!!"

ShenZhen to me is like an american city. Lots of space. Lots of people but not so bad you can't get around. Great parks everywhere. Was affordable, but now it is getting expensive. They are caughting on. I bought my condo for $15,000 US dollar in 1999. Now it is worth about $300,000. Wow! What a jump. How can they afford this??
People are wonderfull here. I do a lot of walking. I was completely safe. I made friends again with some taxie drivers. They are my wheels to get around. I would not want to drive in China. I take buses and trains here as well. Very good system of travel they have.
Make sure you have water filter systems in the condos!!! I am scared about the water. I brought fromUSA the water filters just to be sure I am okay!! Please note!!! Not all pictures in my profile are all mine. I got some pictures from other club member who were in the same locations I personnally went. Sorry to make anyone upset. A good 80% are my pictures taken!!

"Nice modern city!!"

See how clean this city is. I felt like in a new spot!!

"ShenZhen Newspaper company!!"

THis is the area where my Condo is in ShenZhen!! 4 blocks away!

Comments