Grand Mercure Oriental Ginza

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Shenzhen

Shenzhen VT MeetingShenzhen VT Meeting

Pick Your Favorite FoodPick Your Favorite Food

me and my uncleme and my uncle

Costume Rental, The Royal King & QueenCostume Rental, The Royal King & Queen

Travel from HKG airport to Shenzhen

by Aggiefan

I am arriving at the HKG airport late at night (11:00pm) and need to get to the Nanshan area in Shenzhen. What is the easiest and quickest way to get there. I would prefer to get to Shenzhen the night I arrive, but am debating staying the night near the airport and traveling to Shenzhen the next morning. What advice can you provide?

Re: Travel from HKG airport to Shenzhen

by ellyse

There're no more cross-border buses after 2300. The Lo Wu/Luohu border closes at midnight.
The fastest would be to take a taxi to the Huanggang border, and then change to another taxi after you cross over to the Shenzhen side.

Re: Travel from HKG airport to Shenzhen

by chinamonty

You would need to go through the HuangGang checkpoint which is open 24 hours but I don't think there is any late night service from the airport to it except for taxis which would be expensive -maybe HKD500. Then when you get to HuangGang it would be another cab to Nanshan (around RMB60 and 20mins travel depending where you are going).During the day the Cross Border Limos go to either HuangGang or LuoHu. If you are staying at one of the big hotels like Kempinski then they may offer a pick up service from the checkpoint.
I would stay overnight myself but is it is achievable especially if there is someone at the airport who wants to do similar (ask people at the taxi stands).

Travel Tips for Shenzhen

Walking from Hotel to Fuyong Town Square

by victorwkf

One of my fondest memories was walking about 40 minutes from the Shenzhen Sunway Hotel to the town square area of Fuyong. It was a cooling day and I managed to have a good experience of a typical small industrial town in China. In fact, it was actually safer to walk around Fuyong town than in Shenzhen.

cheap oil paintings

by zephyrgurl108 about dafen oil painting village

looking for cheap hand painted reproduction of van gogh's starry night? how about commissioning a portrait? dafen oil painting in buji, shenzhen is the place to go.
you can buy small portraits for as cheap as 50 rmb. bigger ones are around rmb600. dafen is an entire town full of painters and shops that sell all kinds of paintings. also available are art books, frames and other art supplies. depends on your taste...go for whatever painting attracts you 50 to 600 rmb or more

Western Food!? Eastern Food?! NICE FOOD!!!

by THLIN about Jollibee

When I was a senior in my school life, I learn the jollibee restaurant from my case study. I remembered that my classmate told me her mother enjoyed the food when she was a little girl. Somehow the restaurant disappeared for franchise issue. This is the reason I was so obbessed with this place. I saw this restaurant on my way to Luo Hu checkpost to Hong Kong. The evening when I returned, I went there immediately.
This is one of the best ever meal I had in China so far. Their staffs are really really really the most friendly one I have ever met in China. Free Internet allow you stay there for a long long time. Food is very western actually although it's from our neighbour country Phillipine. I love their fried chicken, so spicy and so crispy!!! The spicy burger is also a must try there. I am going there more often so that I can upload more about it!!!
When it comes to price, considered a meal cost less RMB20 in McDon, a meal there is about RMB30, this is not cheap, relatively speaking.

Go-Kart

by jayjayc

Been searching for tracks after few weeks I arrived here in SZ. And found not only one but 3 tracks after numerous sites visited.. Pinaka ayus ang nasa Xiang MiHu Resort.. Malaki race tracks at mabibilis todo karts.. Pero una ko napuntahan yung nasa Baoan Dist. malapit todo sa Shenzhen Safari.. Sinubukan ko din, pero la kwenta pero pede na.. 35RMB for 10 mins. at 50RMB for 15mins.

Pangalawang pinuntahan ko eh yung nasa Xiang Mi Hu Resort sa Nanshan Dist. may maliit at malaking tracks, diko sinubukan sa maliit, pero maluluha ka sa malaki.. 60RMB for 10mins, pero sabi sayo sulit..

Hong KOng people pa nagma manage kaya laka prob sa communication, marunong mag english si Uncle Chan..

Siguraduhin mo nga lang dala ng pagkain kung trip mong magtagal dun para sa round ups.. kasi la store na mabibilan ng pagkain, meron store dun sa kart info mismo, kaso puro beverages lang ang tinda.. kahit sa labas ng complex wala tindahan.. hirap kumuha ng transpo kung hindi sila provide ng service, at OO, may service sila na provision papunta sa lugar na madali makakita ng kainan at public transpo..

SHENZHEN GATEWAY TO CHINA

by airbrush

"Labour cost is affortable"

Shenzhen is destinated as special economic zone. This is the place where you can meet the chinese from different provinces who came here to work. There are three districts I use to frequent which are Nanshan, Futian and Lohuo. Nansha few years back was not that busy but now is busting with activities especially there are many new high rise apartment sprouting. From airport to Nanshan you can easy take a bus which cost you 10 RMB and it take about 40 mins to reach Nanshan. There are many place of interest near Nanshan. You can visit the Window of the World, Chinese Heritage, and directly opposite Window of the world there is this theme park with costal roller ride. Food are plenty to choose from the price can range from RMB 5 to RMB35 (1 US =7 to 8 RMB).
For those who like to relax and have a good massage you must visit Queen Spa in Lohuo. If you are around town or stay in a hotel you can call them to pick you up.
Futian is a place where businessmen who like to go. People who craze about computer and gazgets can take a MRT to Huaqian station there are many block of shopping centre selling computer and accessories. Remember to bargain and also watch you personal belonging. The up market will be in Lohua you can visit Jusco very popular among the chinese and foriegner.

"Trip to Shenzen"

It was very fortuate day that our flight to Shenzen was not pack. My friend and I was able to have a three seats in a row.

Comments