Hai Lian Hotel Shenzhen

Hai Lian Hotel
Agoda.com Travelocity Ctrip.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Shenzhen

www.szboyuan.cn - the little boss of the companywww.szboyuan.cn - the little boss of the company

Pork RibPork Rib

Verry fast..Verry fast..

The Luohu CrossingThe Luohu Crossing

How much is the expenses for 2 nights in shenzhen?

by bobdoom

I was wondering how much is enough for spending 2 nights in shenzhen

Re: How much is the expenses for 2 nights in shenzhen?

by polartraveller

hotels range from 350 to 1500 RMB per night, food is relatively cheap as long as you do not eat at fancy hotels. Taxi say 20-50 RMB per trip depending how far you go (then there is the new subway). Otherwise, shopping and drinking money at whatever you think is right for you.

Re: How much is the expenses for 2 nights in shenzhen?

by chinamonty

depends where you are. You can get quite reasonable hotel rooms for anywhere upwards from RMB100/room for a room with a double bed (that is what I have).
In Shekou there are a number of good quality hotels that are RMB160 a room with either a double bed or two singles. 7 day in or Shui Wan bao Li are two examples. The quality is similar to a good motel on the road in Australia and I would imagine America. They are not five star by any means but are good honest quality.

Travel Tips for Shenzhen

shopping gifts

by FrenchJulien about bags, jewelry, stones...

you can find in shenzhen center many tourist places to buy all kind of goods for gifts or keeping.

it's nice to have a look, the prices are cheap, you can negociate of course, however don't expect good quality.
I bought a computer bag in one of the tourist shops and I spent more money to repair it when I was back to France than when I bought it.

Finally I throwed it away.

However Shenzhen is also know for a place for clothes, and if you look well, you can have real beautiful ones at a discount prices (it is usually clothes that come directly from the plant)

Train to Guangzhou and beyond

by SLLiew

Shenzen is a major train stop for travellers from or to Hong Kong. The train station is right after the border crossing. So the Lowu Shopping, train station and bus station are all connected by building or pedestrian bridge - very convenient but very crowded..

There are fast or regular train to Guangzhou but limited service and no late night train. Easy to use but the trains and train stations are not that clean or well maintained perhaps due to high traffic of people.

Try the double decker train to Guangzhou. Have not taken the train to Shanghai or Beijing. Perhaps to Tibet one day.

Shenzhen town - Futian District

by hash09

I did not take pictures when i was around this town, i somehow kinda scared of getting snatch or something.

The reasons i went to futian district is to get a cheap 2nd hand notebook. i walk around this busy district and there are lots of shopping mall selling electronic stuff. from china brand to a brand you never heard of and goes to very famous brand, the price for the new item is almost the same price i can get in Malaysia, so i did not get the new items as the warranty is not a world wide warranty (only for some items) so i am planning of getting a 2nd hand notebook, so it worth if the warranty is not applicable in my country.

When i was walking around the town, i only found one mall that selling 2nd hand computer, the rest of the mall selling new items with local warranty. so i decided to get one from the mall, i forgot the mall name but you'll find it just about 2 block from the huaqiang road, its in brown color and the entrance very small too.

*S*H*E*N*Z*H*E*N*

by RoyJava

"To China ... where ???"

Whenever visiting *S*h*e*n*z*h*e*n* - China,
maybe it is better you should get some good informations about this very modern metropolis
...
because it truly IS a metropolitan area
and China's richest city
and indeed the fastest growing city of China
and for sure super duper truper for tourists ...

I visited *S*h*e*n*z*h*e*n* because my brother brought me,
and introduced me to this part of the Chinese world
I did know at all and had no idea about.

I loved it !!!
I enjoyed it !!!
I got sick of it !!!

... and so close to Hongkong ...

... thanks for visit ...

:o)))

"In China ... there !!!"

Even I heard *S*h*e*n*z*h*e*n* not so long ago was a small farmers and fishing village I could not imagine some ancient temples has witnessed to legendary times of some very old Dynasty families.

While the *S*h*e*n*z*h*e*n* people witnessed the dramatic development of tourism, the constructions of skyscrapers, scenic spots made by man, developing, too, some great theme parks and the boasting growth of financial and commercial projects.

*S*h*e*n*z*h*e*n* is at the mouth of the Pearl River in the Guangdong Province where is a subtropical climate ... and located along the South China Sea.

It is all worth of it and you can have a wonderful time spending in

... *S*h*e*n*z*h*e*n* ...

Day and night in Shenzhen

by graphics1976

"chapter.1"

I took first morning bus from the Zhuhai Gongbei bus station to Shenzen. (77rmb)
About 2.5hrs to get there. Luohu train station is the last stop, from there can go
To Hong Kong also. Bus had aircon and they give free water bottle to everyone.
The early bus was quite empty, maybe just 15 people. Some movie was showing on the videos but was too busy watching the views or being half a sleep.

After finally arrived to Shenzen, I went to walk around in one direction, looking for batteries to my camera. No luck finding good ones earlier in Zhuhai.

Looked through all the big shopping malls, Friendship International Brands
Shops 2nd floor had olympus battery but newer model and only with the charger, which i already have so I didnt buy it. (435rmb).

Then went again to look around town again, taking few street view photos every now and then. And walk through shopping malls asking for the batteries. Bought some candy from
Wall Mart shop.

After walking around and around I started to try get back to where I left from,
But never founded the train station. I didn't bother looking the map. So was walking around again. I saw the K240 bus stop at one time but then lost it, and finally took
Taxi to 240 bus station. Bus 240 to Shekou(4rmb), behind Shenzhen Sunday market building. (which only seems to sell mostly food stuff so I didnt go in.)

Was thinking about taking ferry back to Zhuhai from Shekou port and save some time.
But the 240 bus was extremely slow. I saw the some park with Eiffer towers and all
Other famous buildings from bus. When passing some of the grass and flower ground,
The water sprinklers sprayed the water inside the bus! Refreshing.

The Shekou ferry port (Shekou Matou was not the last stop so luckily I noticed it,
There was no signs near the bus stop saying the ferry port is there, just could see the lots of busses stopped close there so can guess there must be something like a port.)

After looking around only the Hong Kong ferry waiting rooms were open,
And the last ferry to Zhuhai had already left. Asked from the travel service counter
Also and they said next one is tomorrow. Offered me a hotel rooms, but I was thinking
Going back and try catch the bus to Zhuhai.

Walked little while back to find bus stop, bought some sandwhich from Park And Shop. Many foreigners walking outside there. Some people playing tennis and football.

Took bus 240 back to shenzhen center, I didnt know whats the name of the bus stop in central shenzhen, so I say 4rmb. (which was the price earlier.)
Then sit again a long while, and leave off at some cybercity shop in shenzhen.
But it was already closed. Ate the sandwhich there at the stairs and went to walk around,
Looking for the bus station, back to Zhuhai, some old man was begging money
And I asked does he know where is the train station, and he walked me there.
I gave him few rmb for that.

There I founded out the last busses already gone. Asked some woman sitting there if more busses going to Zhuhai but she said not anymore. So went to walk around the train station building. I didn't want to take a hotels as the next bus would leave on early morning already. Walked around the shops there, most of them starting to be closing already. Many of those people offering girls or cheap hotel rooms started to come on the streets. Also the homeless people were gathering on their sleeping places.

Saw one security guard/police trying to stop the motorbike drivers going past some road
Behind the shopping mall, he was trying to kick them down when the bike drive past him.

"chapter.2"

I went to sit on front of the Shenzhen Shangri La Hotel, there were many homeless people sleeping under the walk way. Some of them were opening taxi doors to people hoping to get some tips, also few people looked like trying to steal some luggage trolleys there from tourists.

One old man came to ask for money, and he was sitting there maybe 1hr, he is originally from Jiangsu province. Chatting there for a while, some more people stoppedthere also,
Offering things to me, the old man said I should not take their offers, and warned about the thiefs here, and that shouldn't sleep on the street.

One young student guy from Hubei also stopped there to sit, he also didn't have room for the night, was working there for one month and now going back home to see his girlfriend on next day, had bought a gift for her also. He understood little bit English.

One guy offering cheap hotel rooms came to sit there also, also originally Hubei people,
Said that can find me a room even for 20rmb. I didn't take the room since only 6-7hrs to bus. He gave his business card incase I need rooms next time.

One other guy had stopped there also, he said if I want to sleep I can go sleep at his
Parents house, as they have guest room, not far from there, for free.
And he went to buy me some bread and water since I had not eat anything since evening.
Then he left home and gave his phone number if I need any help.

Couple more homeless people came to sit there also and the security guard who was
working just next to that place. One homeless guy was from Mongolia and he tell us
About his old home there, how the area is so wide and no buildings there, just wide plains.
He also told can do Chinese Kung fu. Offered me a drink but I said no thanks.

Most of the people I chat there with showed their ID cards so that I could see
Their name or location. Although my Chinese is not that good that I could read all.

Everyone one of them was so friendly, I guess partly because I was able
To speak some Chinese with them, and understand at least some of what they say.

Couple people at next to the walking bridge were running up and down the stairs to keep warm, like exercise. It wasn't too cold at the night though. Think jacket was enough.

Me and the student guy went to walk around for a while, and ate some rice and mixed vegetables with Chinese tea at the restaurant, which was still open around 2-3am.

Streets were getting empty. After walking around went to sit back in front of the
Shangri La, first visiting the Shangri La Hotel Lobby, just to see what happens, hehe,
I asked for their name card and price list, then sit there for a while, very nice comfortable couch. After they kept staring us for a while we went back to sit outside.

Many of the same people were walking past there. Saw one small girl with guitar walking past there few times, with some old man, maybe father who sends her to sing songs for tourists who then give some money for it.

Taxis were waiting for foreigners to come out from the hotel,
And they would then race fast to the door to catch them. 3 foreign mans went to walk to the city at night, but looked bit lost and after a while came back and walked to another direction. Many man walking past with some woman.

"chapter.3"

We went to walk around again, looking the bus station that what time there Zhuhai bus would leave, first one would go around 7am. Sit for a while at the bus stop with the student. Security guard came to ask what are we waiting. We said bus to Zhuhai.
Some cat was screaming behind the ticket offices. Taking a small rest at the bus station bench, really sleepy.

Then went back to front of the hotel again. Some girl came to sit there,
she said we all go to drink some tea to one shop near there. First said no to her but
she didn't give up so we walked to the shop, and her friend showed up from the next door building, bought them a cold drink from the shop and then went back to sit on the hotel front. They both went home from the shop.

After a while went walk around again, starting to get bit lighter already.
Went to drink hot soya drink at the same restaurant that ate at night.

They were just making the foods. One of the workers was running out from the restaurant
With big plastic bowl full of rice, but he slipped on the floor and the cup fall on the floor,
He almost fell over to the hot soya drink pot. The rice didn't fell down, but the cup went broken on the side.

One cat was walking around there looking for foods, going inside the restaurant also.
Some more people coming and going inside the neighbour shops, the workers.
The soya drink was ready so went to drink that. 4rmb for 2 cups. Only 2 other people
Were there to eat.
Then walked back to the bus station again, waiting there for the ticket booths to open,
But then noticed a paper on the wall saying no need to buy ticket in advance for Zhuhai busses, just pay on the bus. Sit there for a half hour and took the bus back to Zhuhai, Gongbei, (77rmb.) The student guy had a train ticket to home same day afternoon.

Comments