Jin Jiang Shenzhen Airlines Hotel

More about Shenzhen

The StreetThe Street

Plush DiningPlush Dining

View of Shenzhen from Shun Hing SquareView of Shenzhen from Shun Hing Square

Shenzehn at nightShenzehn at night

budget hotel or hostel

by seaeagle888

Hi, I would be taking a train from Shenzhen to Shanghai. Appreciate if you could provide info on budget hotel or youth hostel near the train station..Thanks

by DennyP

checkout hostelworld.com I used them for the last five months of travel.I found the ones I wanted on their lists..I always booked ahead and stayed close to the main station as I was always travelling by rail..

by JohntheFinn

The unimaginatively named Railway Station Hotel is in the same building as the station. It has three classes of rooms, cheap, damn cheap and ridiculously cheap, but usually only the first two are available at short notice. I have never had a problem getting a room without prior booking, and since they never reply to emails in English this is the only way I could do it.

On my last trip, I had a pretty nice view of the Shenzhen River and Hong Kong from my room. Here it is: http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnthefinn/4880244264/in/set-72157624549665661/

by ellyse

In Shenzhen or Shanghai?

by seaeagle888

Near Shenzhen Train Station

by JohntheFinn

You can't get any closer than the Shenzhen Railway Station Hotel (see my previous post).

Travel Tips for Shenzhen

Souvenirs

by RoyJava

We have been too short in Shenzhen to tell you more about the city of Shenzhen. So let's keep to my main experience: LuoHu Shopping Area.

Even if you donot agree with your own greedy mood, just experience the greed of all tourists around. You will be amazed ...

Well, I got amazed, and slowly I entered the funny crossroad of "thinking and doing" ... Yes, I started in a nice slow way to fill my suitcase.

And little by little my greed got posessed and I was hid by the greedy wing of the commercial Shenzhen mill ...

And I loved it!!!

Every second I felt good, happy, satisfied ...

And I had laugh over our suitcases ... filled with ... let's say:

souvenirs!!!

rocky bracelets

by zephyrgurl108 about luo hu shopping mall

on the second floor of the luo hu shopping mall, theres a designated area for stalls selling all kinds of accessories from bracelets to earrings and hair pins.
roam around and in one of the shops, you will find these "rocky" bracelets. theyre truly unique and makes a good "pasalubong" or gift to friends from home. everything! as long as u can bargain bracelets cost only 10RMB after much haggling

Don't miss the fresh seafood

by Alain_Smeets about Restaurant at Xin Ming Zhu, Shajin Town

Excellent food with an excellent service. The first time we came there, everybody watched us, even the local kids came to gave us a hand. The next days we tried to order ourselves, but with the knowledge of our Chinese, that wasn't always easy.

You see here, Alfred from Hong Kong, me and Theo. The fresh sea food

Window of the World (outside)

by arni_ph075

Without paying the entrance fee, just in the entrance of Window, there are a lot of photo opportunity.. The Eiffel could be seen from the distance already as well as the Acropolis.
A lot of fountains also, varying its size and landscapes..

The pyramid on the left side with "Window of the World sign" is the most photograph. It reminds me of Luxor in Las Vegas.

Tip: Near the fountain ,there are pigeons roaming around on the area. Fascinating to see.. Some Chinese kids feeding them. If you want to have photograph with the pigeons you have to pay some minimal amount, at worst even if the pegions are on far background only..

Unreal world

by eversure

One of the showcase cities of China, I found it so fake. It is not the colorful China, the crazy China, the lovable nor the historical China of books. It is so antiseptic. Reminds me of a farcical play.

Comments