Fuhua Hotel

foboftheyear's Profile Photo

Perfect Hotel in Zhongshan

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 9, 2007

I've stayed in this hotel everytime I'm in Zhongshan. Its a cheap and inexpensive hotel to stay in if you choose the cheaper rooms (140 - 160 rmb a night, 300+ for better rooms). But the cheap rooms are still pretty nice and clean. Its not a run down motel or anything like that. Everyone there is nice and they'll point you to the direction of where ever it is you need to go to. The one bad thing about it is that it doesn't have a safe in the room, at least the one i was in, like the other hotels. But overall its a very nice place to stay in. Most people who stay in this hotel are people visiting from Hong Kong.

When I was staying for the 2 days I was there, I tend to try and get cool with the bell boy or some lobby person. I do this by tipping them for simple questions I have for them after they've answered them. And when I say tip, its just a measly 10 rmb(roughly $1.30 cents). I do this so that they'll go out of their way to please me in the future whenever i need them for their help. A good example is when i was trying to get my blackberry phone to work in china with a china telecom sim card and couldn't, I just went straight to the bellboy i was cool with and he took a good 20 minutes helping me set up everything and explained to me the special code i should dial when i make local calls so that way i won't be overcharged. Another good example is when we were ready to leave and wanted a trustworthy cab driver, we went and asked him to call someone he knew to take us back to Guangzhou. He got on his phone and called someone over for us who was very well mannered and had a decent car to drive us there unlike the broken down jalopies most of those cab drivers drove. We basically tipped him a total of 60 rmb the 2 days we were there. Thats about $8.00 for good local advice about everything we need to know.

Basically if you're new to Zhongshan, first thing to do is tip the bellboy 10 rmb when he takes your luggage to your room and make sure you get his name and number.

Unique Quality: Fuhua's a very good hotel not just quality wise but because of where it's located. Its in the middle of the "Sek Kei" district/town of Zhongshan. They have a park and a lot of night clubs/bars within walking distance to it. Its also got a lot of things located right inside the hotel. Its got a salon, multiple restaurants, fish garden, foot/full body massage parlor, bar, etc. Its setup in a way where you almost never have to leave the hotel to enjoy yourself. Of course there's a lot of other cool stuff close by like temples and HOT SPRINGS(One of the things Zhongshan's known for)!!!

Directions: Middle/Center of the "Sek Kei" district/town. Just ask for Fuhua hotel in the "Sek Kei" district/town. Sorry but i don't know the exact address.

Nearby Fuhua Hotel

• Free Parking
  • Business Services
  • Free High Speed Internet

Zhongshan Travel Forum

Need advice about Zhongshan, China? Visit the Travel Forum for Zhongshan and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Zhongshan hotel reviews