Leeko Garden Hotel

More about Zhongshan

Shenwan Pineapple StallShenwan Pineapple Stall

Best way from Zhongshan to Macau airport

by budapest1966

I have an evening flight out of Macau (flight is at 9:10pm) and was wondering what would be the best way to get there (quick, low hassle, etc).

I think there is a ferry from Zhongshan to Macau, but I don't know at what time it leaves, how long it takes, how much it costs.

I am sure there are buses from Zhongshan to Zhuhai (then can get to Macau), but don't know what time they leave, how long it takes, cost, or how to get from zhuhai to the macau airport.

Which option is better? Is either easier/quicker with respect to customs/immigration?

I should make it to the AIRPORT in Macau no later that 8pm, so what time should I leave Zhongshan??

Thanks a bunch ... I know I asked a lot of questions. :-)

by johnmperry

I can't give you specifics. But Zhongshan and Zhuhai are pretty much one connurbation. So there are plenty of buses from one to t'other. You'd need a bus going to Gong Bei, which is the border post. Might take an hour. Allow an hour to go through the border (although it shouldn't take as long as that). The airport is quite a way from the customs post.

So latest you should leave is 5pm, or earlier to be safer.

by chinamonty

How soon before your flight do you need to be at the airport? If it is two hours then I would leave Zhongshan now later than three before that (1hour and a bit by bus, 1 hour and half for customs/immigration and half an hour to get to inside the airport.
I don't think the ferry is any use as the earliest leaves Zhongshan at 6 but maybe you should ring them
I am not sure if this is current info but it is what is on the relevant website.

Thanks !!

You both kinda gave me the same info.... will take an easy 3 hours from zhongshan to the airport in macau.

since my flight is at 9:10 pm, will catch a bus around 4:30pm in Zhongshan.

Thanks!!

by budapest1966

Just an FYI ... I am flying on JetStar. Often have some good prices. And when I read the fine print on the site, for Intra-Asia flights, I only have to checkin by 40 minutes before the flight, so will shoot for an hour and a half before (to give me a good 45 minute buffer).

Happy Traveling to All !!

by polartraveller

Allow slightly more time for getting across from Zhuhai to Macau, the Gongbei crossing can be very busy. I heard last weekend the line was over 1 1/2 hour long. However, it is longer from Zhuhai to Macau in the morning and opposite in the evening so you are going against the flow.

Comments