Scenic Holiday Hotel

Travel Tips for Zhongshan

Zhongshan visit

by graphics1976

"chapter.1"

Early morning took small cheap bus to Zhongshan from Zhuhai, Gongbei. (10rmb)
Soon after Sanxiang town the bus already full of people going to Zhongshan.
Next to me was sitting some business man in a suit. He asked if can open the window,
Could speak little bit english. Originally from Dalian, North China.

Somewhere before Zhongshan there was some checkup gates and the police
Stopped our bus, took some card off from the driver and they had to sign some papers.
Don't know what was that for. After about 1.5hrs arrived to Zhongshan bus station.
The business man wished me a good visit there.

Started walking towards the city center, or at least some big buildings ahead so must be there. After walking a while got into more shops and one shopping street. No cards allowed on that street. The shop workers were clapping hands to get attention to their shops. Hehe, bit funny. Few drawers were there to draw peoples pictures.

Kept on walking and founded some park, with a tower on the top.
Many people were walking in the park. Some carrying small radio to listen music.
Took some photos there. Many of the bamboos had writings on them, those look nice.

Some people playing cards there under a big tree. Many old people walking there or
Just sitting around.

Walked around the park and came out from the other side, there I saw some lake park gate and went there. It had many funfair rides for small kids. Most of the park was quite empty. Bought some drink there and rest for a while watching the people fishing.

Walked across the park and came out from other side. Then kept on walking to one direction. Took some photos every now and then. Lots of small shops there, could find anything you want there. 2 man from one of the shop was posing for a photo for me.

Then after a while I came to the river, there was a young couple looking the river,
I asked them if this is right direction (I was on my way to visit a friend bit outside Zhongshan, but the meeting was at 6:30pm so I was thinking about walking that direction for the day time.) They say the place is very far from here, but it was the right direction.
I took photo of them. Kept on walking and started to be more outside the city. Older buildings coming and smaller roads. Then after maybe 2hrs walking from there was at a dead end. There was just few shops in that area, I saw one had a woman making pottery,
Using that funny pottery machine, I dont know the name, but you put the clay on it and it goes around and using your hands you make the pot. From the dead end I turned back and took another road back to city direction. Ended up somewhere else outside the city and then took taxi back to the center.

"chapter.2"

Walked around in the city center again and ended up walking circle most of the time.
Many beautiful old buildings there. Then sit for a 1hr on side of the road, was kind of hot there. It was getting closer to meeting time so I walked little bit again and then took taxi to my friends address. But the taxi never founded the place, got lost. Asked from many people, until one motorbike driver said he knows the place, as his home is there.
He then drive in front of the taxi and showed the road. Now thinking back I could might as well take the motorbike drive there instead of sitting in taxi. Ah.
Paid him 8rmb for the help, and 65rmb for the taxi, he said he is sorry about it.

My friends office building was quite big factory, I had never visit there before or met my friend before, just chatted on the net earlier. On the gate one of the company manager was to meet me and took to see my friend. They were quite happy to have foreign visitors there :). I met my friend, she still working for a while. They gave me some drink and tell about their office. Then went to play ping pong with my friend. She much better player than me. Played with the company boss also, and couple others. After that we all went to dinner. Me, my friend, company boss, and 2 other people from the company.

They didn't really speak much english, but it was ok. Ordering the food wasnt very easy as they didn't know how to ask in english if I like something, so one of the guy was imitating the food, haha, like showing chicken move using hands, and clams. Those I managed to guess but the turtle was too difficult but funny though. Got some foods ordered though. They were asking about me and many things about Finland.

I teach them some finnish words and they learned quite fast! One guy asked me to write down the words so he wont forget and every time he wanted to say something he checked from the paper. The restaurant waitresses were pretty much lost when he spoke some finnish words to them. He said one of the workers is his girlfriend, when she came there she took the flower from the table and give to her, saying "I love you" in english.

The guy was so interested on Finland that now he wants to go there and learn finnish.

After eating and resting there for a while we went to look for taxi for me to get back to home near Zhuhai. First taxi asked too much for the ride, so waited for another, my friend and her friend came to send me back, after the taxi drop me off at our office, they visited to check our building and then they returned home as it was late already.

Comments