Guotai Hotel

Expedia.com Agoda.com Booking.com

More about Zhuhai

Roasted Pork FilletRoasted Pork Fillet

border-zhuhai-chinaborder-zhuhai-china

You cannot miss itYou cannot miss it

Zhuhai seaside - Lovers RoadZhuhai seaside - Lovers Road

Arriving Zhuhai Airport 11pm, leaving Macau Airport at 11am

by mingtedja

My family, including a 5 year old, will be arriving at Zhuhai Airport at 11pm. We'll be catching a flight out of Macau Airport the next morning at 11am. So we'll need to be at MFM at 9am.

Planning to overnight in Zhuhai with 7am start from hotel. Is this a good idea?

Also what transportation options are available from Zhuhai Airport to the border at night? Are taxis from Zhuhai airport safe at night?

Which border crossing would be most convenient at that time of morning (Lotus/Gongbei)?

Many hotels near Gongbei, but are there any good hotels near Lotus bridge?

by ellyse

First off, I will clarify that I have never been to either Zhuhai or Macau.
However looking at the airport website, there're airport shuttles to downtown for 20 RMB/pax as long as there're flights arriving at Zhuhai airport.

by emmet7

Gongbei is easiest and Macau hotels are much more expensive. After walking across border you can get a taxi or go downstairs to catch Airport bus. Enjoy!

by Edy8

I happen to visit Zhuhai twice and I like it.
On the assumption that upon arrival at Zhuhai, you and your family will travel to your hotel, arriving there perhaps past midnight. You'll have a good night sleep and then proceed to Macau Airport at 7.00 am as you will be flying out of Macau at 11.00 am!
My two cents worth is that you can start at 7.00 am and cross the border to Macau via the Gongbei Border Gate. Depending on the time of the day, the crossing may take between 1 hour to 2 hours. After crossing the gate, you can board the bus to the Airport or take a cab there. Should you want to visit a casino, just to visually inspect it, board the bus of the casino you like to visit. Spend about half an hour there and board the free bus of the casino to the Airport. If you are late, take a metered cab to the Airport.

From what I know, the Macau Airport does not strictly require travellers to check in two hours before the flight, 1 hour or one and half hours will do. So there is no need to rush!

Travel Tips for Zhuhai

Just Around The ...

by RoyJava

When leaving the border-mall of Zhuhai at the Gongbei Gate you may enter Zhuhai-city. Well, to me it looked like walking into the center. A very nice promenade where you cannot read a thing! The promenade street is named the "Lotus Street".

Ofcourse Zhuhai, actually a prefecture-level city, is Chinese and they donot mind their language for translating not the least trouble. I can imagine, why they should anyway?

Just go for that walk and enjoy the hustle and bustle here. Try, please try some of the delicious food in the stalls and do not ask what it is. I had some wonderful tries and I must tell you, it was absolutely delicious. Ofcourse my brother knew how to order and told us later what we had eaten ... *lol*

I want to be a Teacher when I grow up!

by alaskamaximus

I have traveled to Zhuhai to learn how to teach English as a Foriegn Language. I am studying at the Gateway Language Village throgh a program with TEFL Intl of the USA. I live in an apartment down the street from the school in a Chinese style apartment. One too small for my hefty frame. As I explore Zhuhai, I will update my homepage and keep you all informed about the fun I am having. Take Care!

Comments