CAAC Hotel

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 33% less and rated 27% higher than other 3 star hotels

More about Guilin

Bracelets in YangshaoBracelets in Yangshao

The rice terracesThe rice terraces

more pickles that are mouth-wateringmore pickles that are mouth-watering

Li River 3Li River 3

Taxi costs

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the approximate cost of a taxi from Guilin airport to the town centre and also from the town centre to Reed Flute Cave and back again?

Thanks

by ellyse

Around 100 RMB one-way from the airport, I think.

Thanks, ellyse.

by SandiM

I bartered with my driver down to 80RMB however I ended up having to fork out for the toll booth when we hit it, so 100RMB is about right, including the toll. But there is also a shuttle bus that takes you for less cash and you don't have to pay the tollbooth when you ride with them. The customer service counter at the airport can help you out, so check with them.

by albaaust

Better to go in by shuttle bus..it was easy..I have a tip about it on my page. Can I ask why you want to know about price to Reed Flute cave in particular?

by Lad_uk

Thanks for your replies. The shuttle bus was something that I read about recently (up until then I didn't realise there was one). My understanding is that it will drop you off somewhere in town and then you will have to make your own way to the hotel be it taxi or walking. My feeling is that it would be less hassle to get a taxi from the airport straight to the hotel especially as there will be 3 to share the cost and a potential taxi ride from the drop off point to the hotel anyway. Does anyone know if the Universal Hotel is walking distance from the shuttle drop off point as I may consider this if it is?

albaaust, I've read that Reed Flute cave is a little distance away from town and I wanted to know what I can expect to pay for a taxi to get there.

by albaaust

I wasn't really clear with my question. What I wanted to know was why are you wanting to go to the Reed Flute cave in particular?

by Lad_uk

As part of the things I want to see and do in Guilin, I've read that Reed Flute cave is worth a visit. Although not a must see and it gets mixed reviews, I've got enough time to check it out.

by SandiM

Actually, the shuttle bus I took did get me directly to my hotel (pretty much). It does make a couple of stops and my hotel was one of them. I guess it depends where you want to stay? I stayed at the Lijiang Waterfall Hotel, so it was big enough to warrant a stop along the way. If there are 3 of you, then perhaps it would be cheaper in the long run, but man, those taxis drive like maniacs, so hold onto your stomachs! (it was fun, though....)

Travel Tips for Guilin

Eating out tip

by Katieswk

Due to most of the restaurants or cafes in West Street are small and family run, don't try to go with over 8 peoples at the same time, otherwise, food will be served late. Some of you may finish their meal, but other still waiting. Also, in the winter evening, sit outside is not recommand unless you want to enjoy a "cold" meal or just relex for a beer. Dishes get cold very quick in the winter time.

Packing List

by dzni

PACK LIGHT! You'll pick up more stuff as you travel and buy things, and it'll just get crazier trying to keep track of everything and lug it around. Best advice is to take one backpack with minimal amounts of stuff. I made the mistake of having 2 packs, which ended up being a pain in the butt since they were so full at the end! It's very hot and humid in Guilin, so be sure to wear shorts! :) And make sure you get your bottled water!

Cofee & Pizza Arts & Jazz Music Iinternet Access

by gourmetscafe about Gourmets Coffee Cafe

Buy Coffee get free Breakfast,Pie,Pizza,Soup,Salad,Vegtarian food , Decaf Coffee
Help you get tour information about Guilin and Yangshuo no charge need.
Boss from New York living in Guilin
Open 9am to Mid-Night
Two store one in Guilin one in Yangshuo
Arts Collection and Jazz Music, wireless Internet Access
Boss Name: Milton Tradition siphon style and Italian style Coffee and Hot Chocolate, Vegtarian food
Mushroom Chowder, Beef Soup,Tuna Salad ,Beef Sandwich,Pizza,
Pie ,Tiramisu,Pudding ,Cheese Cake,Chocolate Coffee Cake

Cormorant Fishing

by vincentf

This is an amazing method of catching freshwater fish from the Li River. The fisherman utilizes the birds to catch fish with their beaks when the birds dive into the water. However, when the bird catches the fish in its beaks, they are unable to swallow the fish. Instead, it is in its mouth and spitted out upon its return to the fisherman's bamboo raft.

Elephant Trunk Hill

by geekgrrl

This hill resembles (sort of) an elephant with its trunk drinking water from the Li River and is the symbol for Guilin. We wandered over to the hill and saw an old wine storage cave built into the hill and a shrine to a female Buddha. Lots of incense at the alter.
Admission $2