Green Tree Inn (Guilin Railway Station)

No.25 Zhongshan South Road, Xiangshan District, Guilin, Guangxi Zhuang, 541002, China
AMOMA.com Hotels.com Asiatravel.com

More about Guilin

Me at the top of Solitary Beauty Peak-302 steps upMe at the top of Solitary Beauty Peak-302 steps up

GuilinGuilin

Parquet floor standard room - not on promotionParquet floor standard room - not on promotion

Guilin - ChinaGuilin - China

Guilin in 2 days

by SandiM

Hi! I am staying at the Lijiang Waterfall Hotel in Guilin in early March 2007. I will have 2 nights/3 days in Guilin to do my travelling and photos. I will do the River Cruise but what other highlights should I be able to do if I rush like mad? I heard there's a 1/2 day cruise and a full day cruise but I think I only need the 1/2 day cruise for photo ops, right? And are the buses back to Guilin fairly regular from the drop-off town? Thank you!

RE: Guilin in 2 days

by DanielF

The Lijiang cruises from Guilin and Yansgshuo take about half a day (including lunch). The return by coach from Yangshuo is usually included in the price. Some tours completement the river cruise with an excursion in the beautiful surroundings of Yangshuo and the visit to the local villagers. That would make a complete day trip.

Other classical tour from Guilin (at least one entire day)is a visit to the rice terraces of Longji in the Longsheng County, where different minorities live. This is also very recommendable.

Travel Tips for Guilin

Cards

by solopes

One common detail in China’s way of life is the way people gather in the streets to play, or to dance.

Cards were played everywhere, but the funniest thing that I saw was the contrast between the lined employees in the modern malls, and the ease of the workers in the public underground market, in the absence of clients…

Our bus ticket cost RMB80 from...

by l_joo

Our bus ticket cost RMB80 from Nanning to Guilin, this bus is considered 5 stars in China, including 2 pieces bread and a can of drink with a tour guide along the way, nice television with up to date VCDs of Hong Kong. Do not worry about smokers and spitters, it's very new, clean and civilise. This is the best bus I ever tried in China, trust me. In Guilin, you can buy your bus or train ticket all at the railway station but as usual be prepared to expect many peoples chasing after you offering their services to Lijiang and Yangshuo. You can buy a bus ticket to Yangshuo cost only RM6.00 (for people who can communicate in Chinese) RM12 maybe more for English speaking tourists. If you want to buy the boat ticket of one-day-trip to Lijiang andYangshuo, it cost about RMB160.00 depends on how you bargain and what language you use.

Day Trip to Paradise

by Radiomom

The Long Ji village is located in the Dragon Spine Rice Terraces region near Guilin (where we were based -- well, it was a couple of hours away, but even the bus ride was worth it!). You will take a bus to a spot at the base of the village, which twists along the path up the mountain. You can hire someone to carry you up the path(!) but it is most rewarding to make the walk/climb yourself. This was truly one of the high points of our China tour. Our local guide for this portion of the tour was an extraordinary fellow, which made the trip even more fun. It was hard to not stop every 30 seconds to take pictures!

Visiting a place like this is why we travel. I would love to return and spend a night at one of the hotels here...we had lunch at one which looked delightful. (there will be more pictures as I keep "tweaking" these pages)

Reed Flute Cave

by geekgrrl

This cave is located a few miles north of Guilin. It was a nice cave, but it was very crowded and a little too touristy with the lights and the inevitable naming of stalactite formations.
Admission US $6

Out of this world!

by Sharrie

This is what coming to Guilin is all about...

LI RIVER: The most beautiful river I've ever cruised along! I must say my pix don't do justice to this area & only the professionals do a great job. You can view the beauty from the postcards I bought & I'll upload them to the travelogue section in the next few days.

This is one experience you should never missed when in Guilin. Take the 3-4 hour ride & you'll be rewarded with sceneries you could never have seen elsewhere. It's timeless, serene & elegant. It's more beautiful than any Chinese landscape painting!

Comments