Guilin Yihuchun Inn

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Guilin

Steep steps to the topSteep steps to the top

Elephant Trunk Hill beside the Li RiverElephant Trunk Hill beside the Li River

lots of hotels : posh & not so posh..lots of hotels : posh & not so posh..

Guilin - ChinaGuilin - China

Osmanthus Tea ??

by dadeppstar

I live in Sydney and ive just come back from my China Holiday. I bought some lovely Osmanthus tea in Guilin, which i have everyday and its neally all gone. I was just wondering if anyone knows how i can buy some Osmanthus tea. I live in Sydney Australia.
Are there any good traditional chinese/Guilin Shops back in Sydney or Australia which sell good quality osmanthus tea??
Any info will be greatly appreciated!!!
THANKS!!
christine
P.S Also does anyone know what makes it sweet.

by ellyse

Osmanthus flowers are naturally sweet. However I don't know if the osmanthus tea you drank had sugar artificially added to it.
BTW, you might be better off asking the question of buying the tea on the Australia/Sydney forum.

Osmanthus Tea in Sydney?

by Confucius

Doesn't Sydney have something resembling a Chinatown? Almost every Chinatown I've ever visited has had a tea shop. Maybe look in the local Sydney business directory for "Asian Groceries" or "Oriental Goods"

by polartraveller

Try Paddy's Market, there are lots of tea stores there. Also I think there may be some at the Rocks weekend market.

by polartraveller

one more place is the the Chinese Garden at Darling Harbour, I think they have a tea house there, if they do not carry the tea they should be able to direct you to a local merchant.

by liuzhouacu

the city Giulin is next to my city Liuzhou, I have been there for many times. are you still want to buy Osmnthus tea? could you please discribe the tea for me? maybe I can find it for you in Sydeny. actually, I am here in Sydney now.

Re: Osmanthus Tea ??

by dadeppstar.87

Hi everyone, this is deppstar24 I forgot my password so i had to create another account. Thankyou to everyone who answered my question. I really appreciate everyones responses!! Yes there is a chinatown in Sydney. I visit there frequently however, the osmanthus tea ive bought doesnt have the same sweetness as the one i bought in Guilin. Ohh well ill just have to go back to get some. hehe

Travel Tips for Guilin

Farming close to the city

by herzog63

For being such a big city I was surprised to see that rice and other crops were being grown right in the city. Not exactly city center but not to far away. Maybe by now all of the rice fields have high rise buildings on them.

Guilin to Chongqing via Guiyang Hardseat

by herzog63

From Guilin I wanted to book a ticket to Chongqing with a sleeper but there weren't any available unless I wanted to stay 4 days in Guilin and I had planned on 3 and thought that even 3 was to many. So I just bought a Hardseat ticket for my adventure to Chongqing. I paid in FEC's as I couldn't find any local to help me get the cheap price so I paid 65 FEC (US$17.75) Which was incredibly expensive in my opinion. There were only 2 train rides that I paid "Foreigner" price on and this was one of them.
I had to change trains in Guyang so I thought I'd try to stay the night there well that didn't work out as I could'nt find a hotel that would accept foreigners so I went back to the train station. I was able to get a local priced hard sleeper ticket on the continuation part of my journey to Chongqing for 10.50 (US$2.00) Yuan. So I was happy to pay that so I could get some sleep! The term "Hard Sleeper" isn't as bad as it sounds. It's actually quite comfortable.You have to have a sleeping bag or something to cover yourself if you want to stay warm (in winter). And also I've been told that there isn't a 2 pricing system anymore as far as local or foreigner...just different classes which of course will have different prices.

Spend some time in Yangshao

by lindyz

At the end of our Li River Cruise we opted to spend 3 hours in Yangshao rather than do an extra smaller tour. Im glad we did, Yangshao is a lovely smaller town than Guilin, which had fantastic shopping! Se spent most of our time in West Street at the market stalls there and quickly whiled away the time. We also stopped at Maccas for a Sundae - it was sooooooo hot in Yangshao, we just needed to cool down!

I wish we had spent longer there, many people will advise you to stay in Yangshao as opposed to Guilin, and if you are staying in Guilin, to actually spend a day or 2 here.

Next time ...

Yangshao is situated on the Li River, approximately 83km from Guilin City.

The Red Flute Cave

by magor65

The name comes from the reeds that once grew outside and people used them to make flutes. The visit to the cave (240 m deep) lasts about one hour. Inside you will find the fantastic world of stalactites, stalagmites, rock passages and stone pillars. The illumination emphasizes the natural beauty of the place.
The cave is surrounded by a lovely park with ponds and bridges.

Solitary Beauty Peak - Crescent-shaped Lake

by Willettsworld

The Crescent-shaped Lake is located on the northern side of Solitary Beauty Peak. There used to be a spring here called Duxiu Spring but it was developed into a lake during the Ming dynasty. There are corridors over the lake and waterside pavilions plus weeping willows on the banks which make it very picturesque.

Comments