Jinjiang Inn (Guilin Qixing)

No.50 Qixing Road, Qixing District, Guilin, Guangxi Zhuang, 541004, China
Jinjiang Inn (Guilin Qixing)
Ctrip.com Travelocity Tingo.com

More about Guilin

Li RiverLi River

Seven Star Scenic AreaSeven Star Scenic Area

Residing at foothillsResiding at foothills

Guilin - ChinaGuilin - China

Guilin Li River cruises--options!

by SandiM

When I went to Guilin 2 years ago, I paid the Lijiang Waterfall hotel tour desk to get on a cruise to Yangshuo. They took me 15mins out of town to get on a whole slew of boats outside of Guilin. According to the Lonely Planet Guide I just picked up, there seems to be an access point just opposite the Sheraton in Guilin where you 'should' be able to jump on a boat to Yangshuo for much less cost around 830am in the morning. I'm travelling in early September. Can someone verify this information? I'd like to avoid going that long way again. Thanks!

by nada1712

I don't know of an access point at the Sheraton in Guilin. But I may be wrong. I thought the only access was near Yangshuo where I got on. There will always be a huge slew of boats trolling up and down as the Li river is busy in September. But outstandingly and extraordinarily beautiful. I saw it in wrapped in ice in January! It was a sight to behold!

by SandiM

The dock I speak of (according to the map from LPG) is situated on the west bank in between the Sheraton & the Lijiang Waterfall Hotels. Just south of the bridge which leads to the 7 Star Park. I wondered if it really existed and if it's cheaper than going through the hotel, which would take you in the shuttle 15mins out of Guilin...

by SandiM

CORRECTION: I just found out that the dock is south of the Liberation Bridge in Guilin and LPG mentions that some tours start here. But it's an older edition, so I need to know is this dock still in existence and will they have boat tours at this dock in September? Thanks!

by seagypsy

I think there are several access points along the Li River. But my experience from Xing Ping nearer to Yangshuo is that prices are much more expensive in Guilin.

Travel Tips for Guilin

Tourist Information Centre?

by myspices

Well, this booth which looks like a booth for Tourist Information is pretty misleading. This little booth is located right in front of Guilin Bus Station, along Zhongshan Nanlu. We thought it was the Tourist Information Centre and in hope of getting some information on how to move about Guilin - but well, it's not an Information Centre. It is actually a booth set up selling tour packages to various places of interests in Guilin. Initially we wanted to move off from the booth but then after looking at some of the packages, we were kinda interested in some as we were having a time constraint and to move on our own will take up quite a bit of our time. The tour packages that we took are :

Day trip to Crown Cave ("Quan Yuan") and Gudong Falls : RMB150/- per pax
(Inclusive of entrance tickets to both the locations, excluding the fee for hardhat and grass sandals for hiking up Gudong Falls, lunch on own account)

Day trip - City tour Guilin covering Princess City Solitary Beauty Park, Third Sister Liu Garden, Chuanshan Cave/Tunnel Cave and river cruise along LiJiang to see Elephant Trunk Hill : RMB35/- per pax
(Inclusive of entrance fee to Beauty Park and 3rd sister Liu garden, inclusive of river cruise but excluding entrance fee to Chuanshan and tunnel caves, lunch on own account)

The tour company is Guilin Wan Tong Tourism Sdn Bhd. Tel: 2800318
Pickup will be at hotel entrance. Time :8am and to return by 5pm for each trip. Tour guide speaks Mandarin. Arrange for English speaking guide - think that would cost a little bit more.
Tour buses are clean and with AC.

See more pictures attached on tour buses and tour guide..

Local market in Yangshuo

by magor65

Before we went to China my niece had asked me to bring her some rice seeds. She wanted to have rice growing in pots on her window sill. I was trying to get some for her, but in vain. Even when I had the name written in Chinese, everybody was looking at me in surprise. Here - looking for rice seeds in Yangshuo.

Fubo Hill

by magor65

Fubo Hill is situated on the west bank of the Li river. On its southern side is Huanzhu Dong ( Pearl Returning Cave). As the legend goes once the cave used to be illuminated by a pearl guarded by a dragon. A wily fisherman stole the pearl, but filled with remorses decided to return it.
Nearby there is Thousand Buddha Cave with not a thousand but about 400 statues of Buddha coming from the times of Tang and Song dynasties.

The birds start fishing

by easyoar

Once they are in the water, the birds know exactly what to do, and they swim to the front of the raft (where there are some lanterns) and start to look for fish.

I didn't work out exactly what the lanterns were for. It is possible that they were put there to help the birds see the fish in the water, or to attract the fish, or to help the fisherman see when a Cormorant caught a fish. Or possibly it was all three things!

Anyhow, every now and then, a Cormorant would duck down under the water to hopefully catch a fish in its beak. I still wasn't sure how the fisherman was going to get the fish from the brd however - he wasn't about to dive in as he was fully dressed in normal clothes!

Li River banks

by solopes

I was expecting a Li river full of live, with lots of villages bordering it and living on it.

Wrong.

We saw animals (not many) and a few houses, but many of them seem… abandoned.

I understand that the boats passing by are not significant to the local’s life, and business is only placed at both ends of the itinerary, but water is life, China has billions…

Comments