4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

15 Bin Jiang Road, Guilin, Guangxi Zhuang, 541001, China

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• Good but Smoky (Cough, Splutter, Cough)!

The Welcome at the Sheraton was underwhelming because the staff were not particularly polite.
    The room was Nice with 2 Single Beds and a few Engish language channels incl HBO movies.
    The rom was quite Clean but no chocolates :(.
    There was a conference on and the hotel was quite noisy.
    The window faced the river - the room was on the 3rd floor - but we could not see the river for the trees - we requested a room with a view - but the staff claimed they had already upgraded the room.
    We did not try the food as it was very expensive in Chinese Terms - We ate ate "ju fu lin" or 'guilin ren' near KFC - non pedestrianised street.
    The room was very Smoky because of the conference and the enthusiasm of Chinese people for tobacco - We woke up with Sore throats - as there is no smoking ban here.

Unique Quality: The beds were comfortable and the shower was good. Thankfully a western toilet!!
    The Sheraton hotel is very convenient for local amenities and is close to the central square.

Directions: Very Close to the Central Square and restaurants and the river :)

• oritperi's Profile Photo

great accomodation best location

walking distance to elephant trunk hill ,to four lakes cruise pier . just 2 min from pedestrian st. shops restaurants disco club etc

• Great Ambiance

Stayed here for 2 nights in January. Good location, friendly & helpful staff who helped me book a one day Li River cruise with a tour company for the next day. Room was clean and well maintained, nice interior atrium lobby. My room overlooked the large hotel open atrium with a open restaurant where breakfast was served, only downside is it can be a little noisy when they set the tables very early in the morning. Ate breakfast and 2 buffet dinners, breakfast selection was good, buffet dinners were ok, seafood selection was included and live pianist provided music that made for a pleasant meal. If you go on River Li cruise, beware of pick pocketers when you dock at Yiping.

• Sheraton Guilin- International Visitors' choice

We stayed for 3 nights at the Sheraton Guilin this summer. The newly renovated hotel was both comfortable and modern. The reception staff was extremely helpful too. Though their command of English was not quite up to expectations, they tried their utmost to understand and attend to our requests. The morning buffet breakfast was average as the selections were quite limited.
    Hotel guests at best should seek out the concierge for taxi or transport needs. Most of the time, they were able to assist with familiar drivers and advise on the reasonable fares. We made a mistake when we flagged taxis along the streets. On two occasions, we were disappointed. The first one left us stranded at the Reed Flute Cave ( even though we agreed on the return trip and fare) and the second taxi was unhappy that we were not interested in visiting the sites/shopping recommended by him. He didn't drop us at the hotel doorstep;citing traffic direction/congestion as an excuse. We walked almost a few hundred meters back. I understand later that they do get petrol vouchers as incentives from the various attractions, which probably explained why they were ready to abandon us once they find the next lucrative customer.

• solopes's Profile Photo

Excelent Location

Very good hotel, maybe the best we had in China, with excellent location in the centre of the city.

With the rush for visiting this and that, we had no time to use most of its facilities, but everything seemed to work perfectly.

I read that the hotel has excellent views over the river, but didn’t confirm it: I had common views of the neighbour buildings. My bad luck!

Being in a package, I don't know what I paid for it.

• jerokee_528's Profile Photo

Great location on the Li River

I found all the accomodations in China were very good. The location of the Sheraton allowed for me to get up and out early to take some pictures along the Li River prior to the tour day starting. The prices for rooms vary during the year. I am unsure what price the tour company negotiated.

Directions: Near the downtown area along a bust street that ran along the Li River. I walk allowed you to enjoy the river scenery.

• easyoar's Profile Photo

A huge Atrium

This picture shows the inside of the Atrium in the Guilin Sheraton. It is huge, and all of the rooms are effectively around the outside of the Atrium.

In this case you can see some Christmas decorations up as I was there in mid December. There is even a van parked inside with some Christmas wrapping which gives you some idea of the scale.

The hotel is quite nice and is comfortable and clean with ensuite bathrooms in every room, and things like TVs and clean beds inside. It meets Western standards.

Unique Quality: Huge Atrium and helpful doormen - see my Warnings and Dangers tip

Directions: Just by the Li River - good for the Cormorant show...

• easyoar's Profile Photo

A nice hotel in Guilin

I had quite a pleasant stay in the Sheraton. Being very limited on time, I had to go with tours organised from the hotel, which I would never normally do. However they weren't actually too bad.

I can't remember eating in the hotel as I think it was rather expensive, and if you wandered round the corner you could find excellent restaurants at much cheaper prices.

Unique Quality: To be quite honest it was little more to me than a place to sleep and shower! But it was nice all the same!

Directions: Very close to the river Li, so it is easy to walk to the Cormorant shows...

• Sharrie's Profile Photo

Starwood Group of Hotels

I stayed here for 5 nights or so. Shouldn't have but this is the only place where I could make an instant booking on the net at that time. Plus I was not familiar with hotels in Yangshuo.

It really isn't the best of the lot.
    Quite old but with good location & huge room.

Unique Quality: Excellent & Centralised location. Within walking distances to places of interest, 'food' street, restaurants & departmental stores.

Comments