Inn Of Flowers

Yangguang100 Xinxijie Square, Diecui Road, Yangshuo County, Guangxi Zhuang, 541900, China
Inn Of Flowers
Booking.com Ctrip.com eDreams

More about Yangshuo

Assembling Dragon CavesAssembling Dragon Caves

Yangshuo - ChinaYangshuo - China

Tomatoes for saleTomatoes for sale

Cormorant fishermanCormorant fisherman

Question on train tickets, post-May Day holiday

by weary

Hello everyone, just two quick questions: I'll be going to Yangshuo (via Guilin, by train from Shenzhen) on May 9th. If I arrive in Shenzhen on that day itself (from Hong Kong), will I have problems getting my train ticket?

Will I face similar problems on my way back from Guilin to Shenzhen on May 13th - will I need to book/buy in advance in both instances?

Sorry if my questions sound really basic, thanks in advance.

Anis

by sugarpuff

It all depends on what time you arrive in Shenzhen and what time trains leave from Shenzhen to Yangshuo. You would need to find this out beforehand. Because if youve missed it, youve missed it! If there are trains, it may be hard to get a sleeper...only hard seats, but I dont think the journey is for that long, so maybe you can tough it!Once you get to Guilin, and Ynagshuo it wont be a problem getting train tickets back. There are travel agents in Yangshuo and Guliin who can get you your tickets about three days in advance of the train going..so just make your plans and work on that. If you have a freind in Shenzhen who can buy your tickets in advance of course thats much better, there will be no worrying when leaving HK.

by weary

Hello Victoria, thanks for your reply. The train is an overnight train that leaves at 1805 (I think) but I can arrive anytime in Shenzhen on May 9th... anyway, no worries, I've posted a similar question on the Shenzhen forum. I'll wait and see if anyone has any suggestions :-) thanks again, I like your pages btw.

by ellyse

You shouldn't have a problem with the 13/5 ticket. If all fails, there're also buses from Yangshuo/Guilin to Shenzhen.

by dudulonglong

For the train ticket. If you are not traveling on hot seasons (Spring festival, on Feberay, May 1 to May 7 holiday, and Oct1 to Oct7 national day), it might be possible to get the day's ticket. The railway station is just on the boarder between Shenzhen and HongKong.
Anyway, if you cannot get the ticket, you can take a bus or taxi to Yinhu to take a bus to yangshuo. it only 12's hour trip and almost the same price with the train. Generally, to get a bus ticket is much easier.

by weary

Terribly terribly sorry for the late thanks to both Jocelyn and dudulonglong who wrote to me. It wasn't a problem getting a ticket that day, what happened was that I arrived early in Shenzhen and ended up waiting till 6pm for my train. The instant noodles made my wait a lot more bearable though! I'm back in Kuala Lumpur and dying for my next trip to China :-)

by ellyse

Come visit me next time. :)

Travel Tips for Yangshuo

Oranges/Turnip/Groundnuts - all in Yangshuo

by myspices

Oranges - sometimes you can get them real sweet and sometimes it slightly sourish. Its about 2yuan for a kati (about 4 oranges)
Turnip - You will see lots of stalls selling tiny looking turnips which are really crunchy and sweet. The flesh is white and you can just peel the skin off by pulling it from the top to the base of the fruit (you don't need a knife to peel it).
Groundnuts - we bought them in a "little net" for 2yuan. It's not roasted but it tastes fine - slightly raw but i guess it's really nutritious since it's almost like "fresh from the ground"

Got my shoe fixed

by tini58de

This was quite an experience!

I noticed, that one seam of my hiking boots was incomplete - so I had it fixed at the local taylor/shoemaker market!

They made me sit down, take off my shoe, gave me a sandal inbetween and fixed my shoes for a real good price!!!

Rivers and canals

by extrajoce

The Yangshuo region is blessed with plenty of rainfall and humidity, which gives it is famous misty feel. As seen on the picture, diving off a bridge in the middle of nowhere is part of the unexpected charms of a meander in the countryside, and was as safe as anywhere else for me (once I had checked the depth).

Electric Pink Car

by albaaust

These are supposed to be an "environmental friendly" government initiative. You will see these around Yangshuo town mainly at the top of West Street. The driver will ask you whether you want to book them for the day.

These "cars" can be hired for half a day to the whole day for travel to various sites outside Yangshuo Town and are an alternative to cycling the countryside.

Cost 100 Yuan each for the day. This would obviously depend on how many people were travelling together. The cars seat about 6 people depending on the size of people.

Curry Vegetables

by myspices about Lisa's Cafe

Service is very fast in Lisa's Cafe. We got our food pipping hot .. and that's nice Curry vegetables - Fresh carrots, zucchinis, eggplants, onions, potatoes are soften and fried with curry powder and simmered with coconut milk. All tangy and spicy. Great appetizer. You will over-eat if you love curry. Big portion at 10yuan

Comments