Jasper Internation Hotel

Jasper International Hotel
Agoda.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Yangshuo

View over West street from our hotel roomView over West street from our hotel room

View from Moon HillView from Moon Hill

Cafe on the right of photoCafe on the right of photo

Neighbors in MoonHill VillageNeighbors in MoonHill Village

Light Show

by diversandy123

Thanks very much Hawkhead and Scleile for your replies. As it is a major event in Yangshuo I think that it is a show we must definitely see. Thanks for the info on the hard seats. Perhaps we should take a jacket to double up as a cushion. Will take insect repellent also. Thanks for that info. May not be 'buggy ' in September but better to be safe than sorry. Where are you both from ? I'm from England. Myself and a friend are going to China for 2 weeks. Beijing - Xi'an - Yangshuo - Guilin - Shanghai. Just over 2 weeks to go until we fly. we have booked on Emirates for the international flights so will have a bit of comfort. I have read reviews of the hotels in China and so many say that they had very hard beds. did either of you experience this problem ? Thanks xx

by hawkhead

I can't say I noticed that the beds were especially hard or soft - I suppose it all depends on what you are used to.

by hawkhead

Just had a thought, if you are going to take a trip down the Li River, remember to take sun protection. We went on a very sunny day, and that, with the reflection off the water, gave a lot of people a very nasty burn. We had sun protection and offered it around but people looked at us as though we were mad!!

by hawkhead

I would also like to add that you should take a universal electrical adapter - despite what is said, there is a variety of plugs and on one occasion, we had three different types in one room!!

by al2401

Can't say I noticed the beds one way or the other either - I prefer a firm mattress.

by chinamonty

I would describe Chinese hotel beds as generally being firm. Beds in private homes tend to be harder though so it is possible to get really hard beds in a hotel. If you do ask to change rooms or get them to provide an extra bed cover and put that under the sheet. The areas you are going to cater for international tourists so they will have made allowances for tourists preferences.

by albaaust

I found the beds generally very firm..got used to it eventually. I took my pillow with me and that helped compensate against the hardness of the beds. Would also doubly recommend if you are going to Yangshuo to take insect repellant and a night reading light as they tend to be quite dim (saving power maybe?)

by martybb

I was there last year in september and had no problem with bugs and the show was great. As for the beds hard beds is something you get used to in China

Travel Tips for Yangshuo

Li River Cruise - Karst landscape

by Willettsworld

So what is a Karst landscape? Well, it's all due to limestone that has been dramatically eroded. The warm wet climate in the southwest of China speeds up the weathering of limestone by acid rainwater and chemicals in rotting plants. Surface streams lose water to cave systems developing in the limestone. Surface drainage is diverted down sink holes to below the water table. Peaks then start to develop from the land left after erosion by the streams. The cave system gets larger as fast-moving subsurface streams bore through the limestone and the water table drops. Much of the limestone has eroded past the caves down to a layer of shale whilst the limestone peaks remain, such as the one's found in the Guilin area.

There are two types of Karst features: Fenglin karst is characterised by peaks that rise near vertically, like trees, 100 to 250 feet (30 to 80m) above the surrounding flat ground. The other type is known as Fengcong karst. Their peaks are more cone-shaped and one hill meets the next across a depression or doline and are clustered together. If you travel down the Li River on a cruise, it starts with Fenglin karst before gradually giving way to the dense Fengcong as you reach Yangshuo.

Some Translations .....

by myspices

Some translations are really way out - it's not that it is grammatically not right or the spelling is wrong - it's that you totally cannot understand what it's trying to say, unless you know the Chinese version of it. Here's one which don't jive at all...

It says :
"The days aren't pass" - i bet you don't get what it means.

This sign was taken at the entrance to the performance of the "Impression of Liu Sanjie" near East Street. I was kind of surprised that no proper translation is given at such a renowed place where so much of publicity has been done on this performance.

After reading the Chinese words - well, it actually means that "There are no performances during the day"

Children Playing...

by Sobe-A-Rush

If you take a bike ride anywhere near Yanghuo on the trails or little roads then you will see young kids playing all by themselves in the middle of nowhere. Some will come up to you and touch your bike, grab your leg or something like that, all are very nice.

Caving... on your own

by John195123

You can take the Yulong Cave tour, or you can go in the back entrance... through a man-made wall that's been knocked through, probably by curious locals. I don't know the quality of the rock and I can't be held responsible for you if you go, nor do I know on whose property you'd be trespassing, but if you're into spelunking and want to explore, it's there. I don't know how far back in it goes, but I figure the walls were built to keep people out of something. If you do go, go prepared.

Hire a boat

by albaaust

We hired a couple of boats when we were on tour with Wendy.

The first was the boat from Dutou to Fuli Village. This took about 5 mins and cost for the three of us 5 Yuan.

The second was the wonderful boat trip down the Lijiang River from Fuli Village to Dengongza ( see things to do). This took about an hour and cost 200 Yuan. Wendy negotiated the price - you may have to pay more depending on the season and how many there are of you. Try going to Fuli and finding a boat from there.

Comments