The best... maybe
Our agency announced this hotel as... the best in Yangshuo. I cannot confirm, because I didn't check the other, but I admit they are right. The location is perfect, and everything is quiet, clean, comfortable and... pleasant.
I only don't know how much did we pay for it.
I read that it was closed. What a pity!
I haven’t the faintest of an idea, what hotels in China get stars for, but this hotel is clearly not 4star by any kind of reasonable standards, one of the worst I have ever stayed at in China, and I have been in quite a few…
I had a deluxe-room there in March 2007.
There isn’t enough space to list all the problems, but here just a selection to give you an idea:
- The whole place, buildings, carpets, furniture etc. is tired and worn.
- There is absolutely no sound absorption whatsoever in the corridors, so be prepared to hear EVERYTHING from banging doors to shouting housekeeping staff from as early as 7 in the morning and don’t expect to be able to sleep any longer than that.
- No lifts
- No interesting or nice view whatsoever, at least from the room I was given.
- The hotel is extremely mosquito-infested. While that is probably the case throughout the whole area, you could perhaps expect that in an alleged 4star hotel, they DO something about it, or that they have screens on the windows and balcony doors.
- Internet connection works only intermittently, but probably not when you need it most.
- Same applies to hot water supply.
- Check-out took 30 min and was the most chaotic I have ever experienced
I will stop here….
On the positive side it should not be unmentioned that as a sort of compensation for the numerous problems, they arranged a free taxi ride to the Guilin Airport for me.
You can get a reasonable hotel room in Yangshuo for as little as 100 RMB incl. breakfast, if you choose to pay close to 400 or more even without breakfast, you would probably expect some value for it. And don’t let the remote location of Yangshuo mislead you, there is at least the same infrastructure as in places like Guilin.
Summarizing, the Paradesa Hotel Yangshuo is at best an overrated and overpriced 3star resort.
Luxury hotel - not so expensive
We stayed at this hotel which was a little more upmarket than usual because I had been ill the day before and I really wanted a comfortable bed which it was!!The next day after 13 hours sleep I was able to face the new day!!
The Paradise is in the middle of changing its name to Paradesa but a lot of its stationery etc is still in the old name. The hotel itself is classed as a 4 star but it is more a 3/4. The rooms are reasonably large, clean and comfortable.There is a business centre (one computer),pool (which we did not use), shops, tourist service and a couple of restaurants. The staff were friendly and efficient! We could choose buffet breakfast in the western or Chinese restaurant. The western buffet had a reasonable selection and you could have eggs scambled, boiled, fried or omlette!!
It is located at the top of Western Street so it is very well located in terms of shopping and restaurants.
Cost: 300 Yuan with breakfast
- The Giggling Tree
- Village Inn
- Yangshuo Outside Inn
- Yangshuo Village Retreat
- Yangshuo Dongling Resort
Yangshuo Travel Forum
Need advice about Yangshuo, China? Visit the Travel Forum for Yangshuo and ask our Answer Gurus.