River View Hotel

No.15 Binjiang Road, Xiufeng District, Yangshuo County, Guangxi Zhuang, 541900, China

River View Inn
Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

• SirRichard's Profile Photo

Hotel with views, River View Hotel

While I was looking for hotels in Yangshuo that morning, I visited this nice local place just by the river. It is a medium hotel with great views on the river Li. I didn't choose it because it was too far from the bus station and I intended to do several trips by bus around Yangshuo.

More about Yangshuo

Social scene - Baisha marketSocial scene - Baisha market

Yangshuo - ChinaYangshuo - China

A great walk around town.A great walk around town.

Give me those fish!Give me those fish!

Touring Yanshuo

by SandiM

For a female travelling solo for a few hours in Yangshuo and wanting to see as many sites as I can quickly squeeze into 5 hours, which transportation rental sounds better? MiniVan, Raft (although I don't swim!), boat or Tuk Tuk? I am a scenic photographer and would like to see a little of any of these: Dragon Bridge (maybe too far?), Moon Hill, Gongmong Bridge, 'Fairyland', or the Gaotian Area (thanks to Albaaust for the great tips!). I am a rapid traveller--I don't need a lot of time to snap photos and go on to the next stop. Can I hire a driver/guide for the 1/2 day that I'm there? I would like to finish up with some stunning sunset shots of somewhere before hopping a bus back to Guilin.

by neverstoptravel

Definately you could.
It's better for you to rent a mini van with driver, taking you to Yulong Bridge first,then have a 3-4 hours half-way raft along Yulong River, take a ride again to Gongnong Bridge and Moon Hill where you can make some photo shots.

by ellyse

Have you looked at http://www.yangers.com yet?

RE: RE: Touring Yanshuo

by SandiM

I just looked at the yangers.com website. Very cool! Took note of the maps (always helpful). I still don't know what this 'gongmong' bridge is--anybody know where I can find it and is it worth a photo op?

by albaaust

Hi Sandi - Yangshuo was wonderful!!I'm pleased you like my tips!!You can hire a mini van and a driver - (see my tips )and combine a number of different transport options such as a raft and/or boat so that you see a variety of landscapes from different perspectives. You could easily see the places I have on my page. Dragon Bridge is really not that far away in fact 4 km, Gongnong Bridge(sorry spelt this wrong on the page)6km, Moon Hill 8km, Gaotian area 6km. All you would need to do is plot out a path and go for it. We just took longer because we went by bike through some fairly circuitous paths.
You could also ask the driver/guide you hire for some suggestions as to where might be a great place for sunset photos-did you see ours??

Travel Tips for Yangshuo

Yangshuo Quay

by myspices

Yangshuo Quay is nearer to the town centre. This is the place where most raft rides are stationed. It has a nice arch gate and if you are on the upper portion, you can have a good view of the activities along the Li Jiang river. There are also some steps where you can sit and relax. Oh yes, there's a small waterfall nearby too. The Quay is near to the Green Lotus Hill and the Mountain View Garden Restaurant .

See more pics of Yangshuo Quay and its surroundings.

Local fruit

by albaaust

The Yangshuo area seemed to have two fruit specialities. One was the Pomelo. It is similar to a grapefruit-perhaps a bit sweeter.

The other is the persimmon which is sold as a fairly flat dried fruit. We saw lots of these drying out in the sun especially near the highway.

Yulong River

by Willettsworld

Yulong River, also called Little Li River, rises in Lingui County near Yangshuo. The river is about 43 kilometres (26 miles) long, with a drainage area of approximately 158 square kilometres (39,043 acres). The part of the river that stretches from Yulong Bridge in Baisha Town (about 10km/6 miles) north-west of Yangshuo), to Gongnong Bridge near the Big Banyan Tree, is known as the Yulong River Scenic Area, and includes some spectacular scenic views along each river bank. Hire a bike and cycle along the river as this is one of THE things to do in China.

The Chinese word 'Yulong' refers to 'meeting a dragon'. Local legend has it that a dragon from the East Sea strolled across the Yulong River and, being deeply impressed by the attractive landscape, decided to stay there forever. The villagers living on the river bank saw the dragon several times, and hence named it the Yulong River.

White electric cars

by albaaust

These are supposed to be an "environmental friendly" government initiative. You will see these around Yangshuo town mainly at the top of West Street. The driver will ask you whether you want a ride.

These "cars" can be used to travel around the townsite, tourist boat quay, city public square and the bus station for 1 to 10 Yuan.

Make sure you confirm the price with the driver before you hop on.

Once was great.....

by tini58de about I wish I new

this restaurant was just a few steps from our hotel. It was a local place, apparently a fish restaurant (they had fresh fish to choose from) and they served to individuals as well as (local) groups. since we could not read the menu and did not really want to eat fish, we tried our old trick again:

we walked from table to table and pointed at the things that we would like to try - and WE LOVED IT!!!!!!!!

Comments