West Lily Hotel

Oil TeadOil Tead

Yulong RiverYulong River

JinxianJinxian

Moon HillMoon Hill

Has anyone found a wonderful guide in Yangshuo

by Karen-Estelle

Hi,

My husband and I will be arriving in Yangshuo mid November and would love some recommendations of guides that you have experienced in Yangshuo. We would like something personal so don't want to wait for the guides to annoy us when we get then and would prefer to go with someone who comes with a recommendation. Please let me know of your experience. Thank you

by seagypsy

I've long lost my Yangshuo guides name and mobile number but perhaps
VT regular Ellyse will arrive later to give some recommendations.

Or you could read back on the Yangshuo pages here:

by lindyz

Alice (albaust) did recommend to me a great guide she found called Wendy. Im sure if you email Alice she will gladly give you her contact details. In the meantime I will try and find them here, cos I wrote them down somewhere!

by lindyz

Aha I found her details, I actually wrote them down in my travel diary. We were goin to use her when we stayed in Guilin, but just ran out of time.

Wendy - phone 1319 7538186
Email - liyunzhaowendy@yahoo.com

Im not sure of her prices or anything, but as I said, Alice used her and raves about her on her Yanghsao pages, so have a look at her pages also.

Cheers :)

by lindyz

Hi, just something else. Even though we didnt actually use Wendy, I can tell you that the 2 guides we did use in China that came highly recommended from VTers were just simply fantastic!!! So, I would say that anyone who is highly praised on here is worth looking into.

We used Alvin in Beijing for our day trip to the Mutianyu Wall, Lama Temple and Acrobatics Show.

We used George in Xian for our day trip to the Terracotta Warriors, Muslim Quarters, Great Mosque and Small Goose Pagoda.

If you would like further details of either of these guides, please let me know :)

Travel Tips for Yangshuo

Yangshuo Bus Station

by myspices

Yangshuo bus station is strategically located within the town centre - next to the West Street. Besides the long distance buses that will ply the rest of provinces of China, the intercity smalll buses are also stationed here. You can catch the small buses (more like mini vans) to towns like Fuli and Xingping here. Prices for these mini buses ranges from 2.50yuan to 6yuan or more..

Tour Operators and Pedlars

by myspices

Yangshuo's West Street and surroundings are full of these. They can be selling you tour packages, small souvenirs, packets of foodstuffs and flower halos......Most of them are ladies and they start their day as early as 6.30am (especially those who sell tour packages for Li Jiang river) and they finish their day late at night. They usually carry a bag with them and wear a cloth cap or a cone/straw hat. They are not really aggressive people - if you do not want to buy any of their goods, just smile and say "Sie, sie, pu yao" meaning " No, thanks"

See more pics on these

Local women in the creeks

by Sobe-A-Rush

There are plenty of women you will see near Yanghuo on the bikerides or hikes that are washing clothes, motorcycles, and food. I saw a few motorcycles and other things from their home and aswell as the lady with the potatoes. They dont mind if you take a picture, but one woman wanted like 2 rmb for a picture.

Farmer's Market

by John195123

There is a decent indoor farmer's market right off Pantao Lu, though there is also talk of moving it elsewhere. For right now it's a local market with not all that much to see inside, but if you're planning on long hikes or want to cook for yourself, there's lots of fresh stuff to buy.

Tuk Tuks

by albaaust

You can hire a tuk tuk to take you anywhere around Yangshuo for 3 yuan for 3 km. If you want to hire one for the whole day you will need to negotiate/ bargain with the driver.

A tuk tuk can carry 3 people.

Comments