Sanya Bay Haipo Tourism Resort Zone, Sanya, Hainan, 572000, China
Agoda.com IHG Booking.com

More about Holiday Inn Resort Sanya Bay

Nice rooms, great service, but pimps???

by whoooosh about Holiday Inn Sanya Bay

The rooms were great - spacious and clean. The service staff were attentive and friendly. Food was a bit on the expensive side (but that is to be expected for a holiday resort). Massage centre offered a pretty good variety of treatments, and the ambience was nice. The only gripe I have with the hotel is that there were pimps operating rather openly from within the resort. All the guys on the trip got approached by them! Overall, great hotel if you're willing to ignore the pimps. The hotel had a pool with fish that ate dead skin (fish therapy). This was extremely ticklish, but my skin did feel smoother after I went in!

Sanya BaySanya Bay

Any general Suggestions about Hainan welcomed

by baldurontour

Hello VTs,

in May we (7 People) are planning a 5-day Holiday on Hainan Island/China. I would like to get a draft orientation of the Island. Which direction (North, South, East, West...) is recommended for a beautiful beach Holiday?

We are looking for places with less Western Toursits and Hotel prices at local level.

Our tour starts in Guanzhou Area. How can we get to Hainan from Guanzhou when NOT using Plan or Bus? We prefer either Train or Boat. Any recommendations?

Thanks for your suggestions and experiences.
By the way, I speak fluent Cantonese, so communication should not be a problem...

Ciao,
Baldur

by menado

I am going to Hainan Isl in late Feb, so I have done some research. There is train from Guangzou to Haikou (12hrs), the train goes right into the ferry so you get off in Haikou Hainan capital. You mihgt stay one day or take the express bus (CTS in Haixiu Lu will help you) to Sanya where the most tourist goes to. In Sanya you can stay in Dadonghai beach or go to up market hotels in Yalong Bay. If you search in internet you can find apartments for rent in Sanya.

by neverstoptravel

Sanya Bay is the place with less western tourists.

by doompling

I would second Sanya Bay, at the southern tip, for the local element, although the beaches there are less pristine than the more upscale and "western" Dadonghai and Yalong Bay just outside the city. If you stay in Sanya Bay, I'd recommend Golden Phoenix Seaview Hotel which is right across the street from the beach.

by ellyse

You can reach Haikou and Sanya by direct train from Guangzhou. The train schedules will change in April so no use quoting them for you now. Should be overnight.

Qionghai Condo

by hankua

A friend like to buy a condo in Qionghai, Hainan. Good price, but small town. What is the area like for vacation? How would you describe the city and the surrounding area, countryside? Thanks!

by belleli

Yes, Qionghai is a small town. As far as I know there is nothing except Boao Asia Forum and Belt Beach. Frankly speaking, I don't like it. Although apartments there are very cheap, it would be very incovenient to live there.
Good Luck!

RE: RE: Qionghai Condo

by emmet7

agree with first post; the surrounding area is gorgeouse but Qionghai is very poor city with hardly any restaurants or entertainment; very dull.

by sasapan

Hi ; I just bought an apartment at DA DONG HAI its 5'driving by Sanya bay

I buy it bcuz more comercial activity , I am thinking doing business here

lots of foreigner here they are staying here for long term .

about Qionghai its a place for retire grand pa and grand ma , wish you luck.

by belleli

Moreover, I got some new information for Qionghai. Local people in Qionghai told me Qionghai is always the first station for Typhoon. That's also the reason why you can't see the high building in Qionghai. I think maybe your friend need to reconsider.

Good luck!

by rogerwhatsis

I am an American with a Chinese wife. We just returned from China where we bought an apartment in Qionghai. There is a lot of new development in Qionghai but prices are still very good. We liked the area very much and we prefer the smaller, less crowded cities. If you go to Sanya you will pay extremely high prices for apartments and will be deluged with tourists in season. Saying that Qionghai is where all the typhoons land is so stupid that it does not deserve a reply. Qionghai is 20 km from the coast by the way.

Information on Hainan

by LuKangWei

Hi,

Hi!

I am moving to Sanya Bay, Hainan, China in about a month. I have been looking for information about traveling to the island. For example, what sites to see, where to stay, where to eat, and where to travel. However, it seems difficult to find out a lot about the island. Could anyone help me find out where English speakers get most of their information about Hainan? References and wed sites would be a huge help.

Thanks,

Max

Re: Information on Hainan

by lotharscheer

In Haikou Banana Hostel are usualy a lot of expats, either meeting there for the evening or staying there for a short rest, if it is on your way have a look there (was there in march), otherwise Hainan is at the moment a gigantic construction site.

Re: Information on Hainan

by menado

You can found some information in travel book such as Fodder, Lonely planet, but popular city in China changing very fast, when I arrived in Sanya the budget hotels their mention was no longer there. But need not worry as many different type of accommodations are available over there. I stayed at Dadonghai area just 10 minutes taxi ride east of Sanya city center. I did not came across English speaking tourist while I was there but many Russian and east European, the stores and hotels sings were in Russian. Just go and explore, lot of fund and very safe and frienly place.

Comments