Green Tree Inn (Harbin Zhongyang Street)

No.54 Da'an Street, Daoli District, Harbin, Heilongjiang, 150010, China
GreenTree Inn Harbin Central Avenue Business Hotel
Agoda.com Ctrip.com

More about Harbin

Sculptures at the Ice Lantern FestivalSculptures at the Ice Lantern Festival

Food Vendors, Harbin Ice and Snow WorldFood Vendors, Harbin Ice and Snow World

Lit-up at nightLit-up at night

Map to Pai Lian ComplexMap to Pai Lian Complex

Any chance to see ice and snow sculpture - End Dec

by jc07094

My friend and I are planning to Harbin around 24 /Dec ~ 31/Dec'05.
May I know will we able to see the ice & snow sculpture especially at night with colorful spotlight before their opening ?
Note that the opening usually is around 5th Jan.

Thanks.
Jo

RE: Any chance to see ice and snow sculpture - End Dec

by ace1010

Hi, man. Actually the opening date of Ice and Snow Festival is Jan 5th. But it is actually openin' 10 days before that for trail purpose. So I think it is ok to come around 24/Dec. Anyway, don't you think a week is too much for Harbin? Acutally 2-4 days are good enough.

RE: RE: Any chance to see ice and snow sculpture - End Dec

by GillianMcLaughlin

I went for the opening in 2000 - but I think it was the 4th or 5th then. It's well worth seeing, but you may be visiting just a week early - no chance to change your dates?

RE: Any chance to see ice and snow sculpture - End Dec

by ivanivanov888

Hi all can somebody please tell me if i want to go to harbin arround 26th dec 2005 is that possible to see the ice sculpture with all the light and everything??or we can only see the making of the sculpture,thx,please let me know asap...thxx...

RE: RE: Any chance to see ice and snow sculpture - End Dec

by braveneil

Searched the net and the finding is 'good enough'. The lighting has already begun. The so called winter festival I think starts at 5 Jan. My wife and I are going to Harbin at 26 Dec, same as you. I am from Singapore, and where are you from?

My regards,
Neil

Travel Tips for Harbin

PITURE!

by John195123

Get your photo taken by any of the few people holding posters with photos on them by the Flood Control Monument. I don't know how much they cost, but it may be better than handing someone your camera. They don't often bother me with my camera stuff, and aren't pushy as touts, but hey, if you want a souvenir photo, they'll do it for you.

Motorcycle Transport

by John195123

At various street corners around the city, at some bus stops and driving around you will see many motorcycles. Often these are available for hire, with driver. I don't know the pricing, and by the way these guys seem to drive, it might not be worth it, but if you need a quick way around, and don't mind taking risks, this might be for you.

Dragon Tower; Draggin' Wallet

by antiextreme

The Dragon Tower is pretty neat. It is pretty expensive to go to the top, but when is the next time you will be in Harbin? From the top you can see the amazing amount of air pollution, but you can also see the entire city. I was amazed at what a little space 5 million people were put into. Pay another yuan and you can walk around on the glass floor. Now, I was a roofer for a while, and was not afraid of heights when I quit. This thing is tall, and seeing all the way down is a real trip.

Ice and Snow World

by mke1963

We didn't make it to Ice and Snow World for various reasons, but we do regret it. We tried several times during the day, but taxi drivers refused, point blank, to take us, saying it is open only at night. It's not, it's open during the day as well, but there's no correcting the world's taxi-drivers. They know everything, and you are stupid if you disagree with them. Sigh.
The sculptures are supposed to be incredible, and given the prowess of the snow sculptors at the Sun Island Resort, we can wll believe it.

PieterB

by PieterB

Also called the smokey city (due to polution) consisted in 1896 of 50 fisherman's houses build of wood, mud and straw. Since that date, Russia got a concession to build a railroad connecting Harbin to Siberia an controlled it until ca. the 1920's. After that the Chinese government took over, only to be overcome by the Japanese invasion. Then the Chinese government took over again to be chased by the japanese during WWII. After that the chinese government took over for good. Harbin and suburbs houses 9 milion people. It's a growing megapolis build on the south side of the river "Songhua He", consisting mostly of ugly utilitairian appartment buildings of the period 1940 to 1990, a lot of new colorfull and gracefull sky-scrapers, and a pittyfull few preserved building, monuments and churches of the period 1905 to 1930. A city striving to renew itself! The city is famous for it's Ice Lantern Festival in January where local artists make statues out of ice. Local specialities are saussages well known all over China and the famous Ginseng root, healing most ailments a man can have.

Comments