Home Inn (Harbin Xuanhua Street)

No.28 Kuanqiao Street, Nangang District, Harbin, Heilongjiang, 150001, China
Ctrip.com

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Harbin

Sculptures at the Ice Lantern FestivalSculptures at the Ice Lantern Festival

Stone Henge, Harbin Ice and Snow WorldStone Henge, Harbin Ice and Snow World

Danube Net Bar, on Haping Lu, near the CarrefourDanube Net Bar, on Haping Lu, near the Carrefour

On a cold morningOn a cold morning

Tour Guide/Translator for Brief Jan Visit?

by rjslade

Is anybody interested in providing me translation and tour guide services during my visit to Harbin?
The visit is scheduled for ~21-25 January, 2007.
I plan to visit the ice festival and Unit 731. I would pay a daily stipend and reimburse related travel expenses. Also looking for epxeriences in Harbin/Chinese culture and food.
I do not speak Chinese. I am looking for somebody fluent in both Chinese and English, or Chinese and Spanish.
This arrangement has worked well for me 3 times to foreign countries other than China.
I invite you to contact me at RJSlade@Airmail.net

RE: Tour Guide/Translator for Brief Jan Visit?

by Rupertlee

Hi I am in Harbin and had an experience to be a tour guide in Jan.2006.They were from Texas,USA and we became good friends.
Please visit my VT pages and get a general ideas about me and Harbin.

RE: RE: Tour Guide/Translator for Brief Jan Visit?

by ftho

Can we be a travelling companion?
I plan to tour Harbin sometime around January 12 to 16. In fact I will be in China for about 2 weeks starting January 10 to 25. The places I plan to see are Beijing, Shenyang and Harbin.
I speak and write good English. Speak fluent Mandarin (Putongha). I am a Chinese from Malaysia. In large measure Chinese culture/food is not foreign to me - very comfortable with it. However, I have to tell you I am from the generation of Southern Chinese. There are some variations and differences in some of the practices of the Chinese culture between the people from the North and the South. As you already know, Harbin is the capital city of Northern Province of Heilongjiang.
Yes, I am travelling alone and will also wish to see those places you have mentioned. To be honest with you I am going to Harbin for the lst time. And getting around should not be difficult as there are tips written in the Harbin pages by other kind and knowledgeable VT members. Then you have Rupertlee who is a native of Harbin. He has been giving lots of advice and appearing on VT forum frequently - very helpful advice given. For your information I have travelled to other parts of China (Hainan, Guilin, Shanghai (twice), Hangzhou (twice), Nanking, Wuxi, Beijing, Xian and others. Yes I did these trips by myself (alone).
I wait for your response.

Travel Tips for Harbin

Unusual Underground Passages

by calcaf38

In the commercial heart of Harbin, the only way to cross major arteries is to go underground.

You go through heavy dark quilted curtains that keep the cold out and you're in a large underground mall. By then you've turned a few times, so you don't remember which way you want to go before you go back to the surface. It's a game of chance. If you don't read Chinese (and I only speak) you can't tell where you are without climbing all those steps back up...

Heilongjiang Provincial Museum - Part 2

by mke1963

Don't expect the useless attendants to break away from their critical activities of chatting and drinking tea, unless you are carrying a camera. Photography is prohibited because it is prohibited. This enables the staff-cum-rottweilers to get nasty with people on a regular basis. I kept setting off the flash on my camera as soon as I was around the corner and popped the camera back in my pocket. When the sprinting hags appeared I just shrugged my shoulders and looked perplexed. I pay tax in China: I want to see some action from these tea-sodden crones! I think they were glad when we went.
I can get interested in the dustiest of old relics (I'm talking about the contents of the museum now, not the staff) so found the displays interesting. My kids suggested that they had had more fun at the dentist.
The second series of rooms is the natural history museum, but they have just collected dead animals from all over the place, with no regard to their prior existence in Heilongjiang. Useless, basically. This section was like something out of European museum one hundred years ago.
On the bright side, the museum would help with bad cases of insomnia.

If you are interested in seeing how badly a museum can be run, then this one would be a good example, possibly giving the Shandong Museum in Jinan a run for the money.

Foot Massage for Frozen Feet

by maysue

The great thing to do when in Harbin is getting foot massage - especially when you have some frostbites in between the toes! It's a wonderful feeling cos I get to free my sored, cold, numb feet from the tightly-bound boots and the many socks I wore to prevent the cold from getting into my feet or else I'll have rheumatism! Gosh, that would be a pain!

Anyway, I chatted with the guy who massage my feet and got to know that he was from Hainan island - "kaki nan" i.e. own comrade coming from the same homeland since my maternal granddad comes from Hainan island, somewhere in a place called 'Chaye', which I think is what the place calls according to my mom. In fact, there were two of them who comes from Hainan. I talked to him and his colleague, who was doing the foot massage for my colleague next to me in some broken Hainan dialect. They smiled, nodded and laughed at my broken Hainan dialect - well, at least it was understandable! Anyway, I asked them why they came all the way from the South to work in the North. They said that there was better opportunity in the North. I thought it was funny cause most people would rather go to the south! I, then asked again how they coped with the cold, freezing temperature in Harbin since they come from a tropical place; they replied they were not used at first to the climate but later adapted to it. Well, overall the foot massage session was a great experience and also a relief for my weary, cold feet - it gave me the leap and bound effect; i just hope i don't fall flat when I do that!!

Childrens park (Értóng...

by PieterB

Childrens park (Értóng Gongyán):
This park, build in 1956 is surrounded by a miniature railway of 2 km with 7 cars and seating for 200 people, operated by children under 13 years old who collect tickets, guards the tracks and drives the train. Appart from the railway, there are many other attractions. You have to pay for each sepparately. On sunday's one can observe the local people, exibiting their single child, playing crocket, exercising in martial arts, playing chinese checkers on tables made for this purpose and so on.

The world of ice

by coral0317

Harbin is famouse 4 its ice lamp and another appealing drink--- Beer!!! If u ever got chance 2 visit there, don't forget 2 check them out!!
Of course, the Ice Lamp Festival is only available in Winter around Jan. 2 Mar.

Comments